Tutankhamon & Pineapple Chunk Outdoors In Massachusetts

Hello All, please come and help me enjoy the rest of the summer grow in my yard. Positive comments welcome! I'm fairly new at this and need guidance from time to time. Enjoyment is free.
This is exciting for me. Lots of firsts. All being good. First outdoor grow, tut, pineapple chunk, both from clones. Nutes too. Lets see how I started this little grow.

In may an old friend gave me the two clone starts.
I dug one hole about a yard around and 16 or 18 inches deep
Filled it with Fox farms ocean forest soil and the pineapple chunk

The tut got put in a 25 gallon grow bag with same soil.
1587921-39623b8fb96822ead04784b13b38cf1c.jpg

Here
s the tut in her 7 gal pot right before up pot.
I don
t have a pic as a youngster for pineapple chunk so here she stands today at close to 8 feet tall and 6 wide

1587922-da1b89f54fe3ec8283d1091c808a4575.jpg

I waited 3 weeks before feeding either of these girls. When I did I used Happy frog Jump start 3-4-3 every two weeks as a top dress. A light cal mag now and then since I harvest rain water.
Since the middle of July I've been using Fish Shit soil conditioner with every watering. I'm thinking this shit is a little magic. I swear I can see better growth since I started! Fish Shit Baby! I recently started using a tablespoon of molasses/gallon water too. Thats it. Well that was it until the hydro store discontinued the happy frog jump start 3-4-3. I'm using general organics biothrive in stead now. One more thing. On 7/10 I gave them a whole bag of papa's perfect poop to get ready for the bloom to come. It's time release I'm told. Blooming has not started yet but I'm seeing lots of close nodes at growth ends. I've been picking leaves off to let light get to the new nodes along branches too. I must have missed something, ask. MMMM BUD SITES!
Found a recent pic of tut

1587948-57376d7e82f4b25c21657375fc53dc88.jpg

Looks like overcast and rain today. I'm used to growing in a tent using lights. Mother nature doesn't "need no stinking lights". In the tent every moment of light means something. It feels a little odd going outside and the sun doesn't show up for a day or two. Mother Knows Best I guess. I water these two every 3 or4 days depending on how they look and if it's rained. I PH to 6.5. Some might say ph not necessary with organics. I just feel better myself wallowing in my blyssful ignorance. What say you?

You know I feel so lucky to have these girls so healthy at this stage of their life. Other than a few bug holes, mostly from leaf hoppers,and wanting another hour or two of sun (me), these two are really healthy I think. Good green color, lots of leaves, branches. The best is yet to come and just weeks away! He says hoping!

So I was trimming some blueberry auto the other week and I came across a single fully mature looking seed! Yup a single seed and it was in the crotch of the bud, like where the leaf stem grows and the female sex pistole resides. Thats a first for me. I wonder what happened and if the seed is good. The plant is the best of 4 in the tent. I'm going to try cracking it one day, I'm wondering if this happens often, and why there at the crotch. Is that preservation of species (hermieing)

Back
Top Bottom