• Mono

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Shottafire

Votes: 7 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

420 Girl

Welcome to the 420 Member of the Month Contest thread

Please note that after much Cannadeliberation the staff has decided to make a few experimental improvements to our Member of the Month contest. Our intention is to include not only our valued growers, but more of our non-growing members in this one contest as well. We are by no means excluding growers from the Member of the Month Contest but we feel that our Plant and Bud Contests are already serving these members pretty well. Please help and support us in this effort.

Specifically, we're looking to thank those members that help and support our site in so many under recognized ways, such as:

• Greeting new members
  • Helping people with questions
  • Peacemakers
  • Activism efforts
  • Promoting our sponsors
  • Activity and content generation
  • Reporting violations
Beginning this month, the staff will select the nominees and members will determine the winner by poll.

The contest will be open for staff submissions from the beginning through the 15th day of each month. The staff is expected to include their reason for nominating the member. Once all submissions are in, we will begin voting for a winner. Winners are announced on the 1st of each month. Please bear with us, should the thread need to be locked during the nominating period.

*********​

Winners earn 100 rep points, "420 Member of the Month" title, 1 Case of Rolling Papers, and 420 Magazine Nug Jar!

MagicalButter contributes the following item to our winner.
Blue Planet Nutrients contributes all of the following items to our winner.
Sierra Natural Science contributes all of the following items to our winner.
Smoke Cones contributes all of the following items to our winner.
Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Member of the Year" contest; to be held in January.

Rules:

1. 420 Magazine staff members submit nominees and rational in the contest thread.

2. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, may disqualify the entry. This rule does not prohibit members from suggesting nominations to staff by PM. Please do not nominate or suggest nomination in the contest thread.

3. Past winners are ineligible for 6 months from date of win.

4. Any attempt at voting more than one time per person (i.e. multiple user names, etc.) or cheating in any other form will result in a permanent disqualification from all future contests.

How to Become Member of the Month!

:thanks::popcorn::thanks:

Specifically, we're looking to thank those members that help and support our site in so many under recognized ways, such as:

• Greeting new members
  • Helping people with questions
  • Peacemakers
  • Activism efforts
  • Promoting our sponsors
  • Activity and content generation
  • Reporting violations

Maaaaaaaaaaaan, I been to jail for this shiznit! I aint no rat and down with anyone who is!

Snitching is bad, buds are good.
But when people be snitchin in your neighborhood.
They bring the police around and lock you up.
toss you in a cell, just a cot and tin cup
I learned in kindergarten don't tattletale
those peeps who told on me can go to hell
But on a serious note this i can not condone
people snitchin on each other it just makes me groan :(

Hi Jimmycricket,

While I totally get where you're coming from, reporting posts that violate our Posting Guidelines isn't considered "snitching" here. It's helping our small, overworked staff of volunteers keep this website in the amazing state that it's currently in. This website, and I'm sure everyone would agree with me on this, is quite a large website. Our staff, dedicated as they are, are not as large, and they can't be everywhere at once. We rely on the few helpful members who utilize the report post feature to help us catch the posts that need our attention or assistance that we might miss because they slipped by while we were handling something else.

Reports can also be sent for any number of reasons - if someone posts something that offends you in a serious way and you don't want to ruin this websites positive vibe by starting an argument, you report the post. If you come across other members who are ruining the positive vibes by arguing and calling each other names, you report the post. If someone has accidentally posted a photo using an off site hosting source because they weren't aware of the guideline to upload the photo to our gallery first and that photo has been deleted by the off site source resulting in a dead photo and pointless post here, you would report the post to help keep this website in the best possible condition that it could be in, would you not? It's not "snitching", my friend, it's helping not just the staff but other members of this community as well.

We don't require that you report posts, so if you're not comfortable with it, you don't have to do it. But we sure do appreciate the help support from those who do. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:Namaste:

I'm gonna take a good hard look around the sub sections of the forums... those places where most active members don't care to post & left to gather dust 'n' cob webs.

Which i shall choose a name & nominate for MOTM in their choosen field of expertise :thumb:

Every time i ever posted in another section besides the grow area I wouldnt even see a reply for literally like 3-5 months haha :)

For a little while some of us would talk in the space and aliens section but that seems to have stopped :/.

Would love if the legal section was more active, because although I am not much help in offering legal advice, I certainly do and have had legal questions. I am more then willing to help a legal type learn to grow better if he can help some of us poor souls with legal questions :).

But yeah Ducky, the other sections of the forum (if you can find some semi active ones) would be a cool place to find a unknown soldier doing some good.

Every time i ever posted in another section besides the grow area I wouldnt even see a reply for literally like 3-5 months haha :)

For a little while some of us would talk in the space and aliens section but that seems to have stopped :/.

Would love if the legal section was more active, because although I am not much help in offering legal advice, I certainly do and have had legal questions. I am more then willing to help a legal type learn to grow better if he can help some of us poor souls with legal questions :).

But yeah Ducky, the other sections of the forum (if you can find some semi active ones) would be a cool place to find a unknown soldier doing some good.

I agree some sections of the forums are indeed slow moving & that i can only wish some more active members choose to browse the sub sections to help boost replys than rather getting their heads stuck in active journals... ( hence popularity vote )

Whilst some quibble over the one post wonders or those that don't keep active journals & those are the people i wish to assist as they have a reason not to keep a record... for reasons i'll keep short as we all do not live in MMJ friendly parts of the world !

I've seen active journals off first time growers who recieve little help or advice at all, says a lot about a community wishing to help each other !

We all have a our flavours of where we care to post & help but all could do better to improve over all content of :420: :thumb:

I'm gonna take a good hard look around the sub sections of the forums... those places where most active members don't care to post & left to gather dust 'n' cob webs.

Which i shall choose a name & nominate for MOTM in their choosen field of expertise :thumb:
We don't get to nominate any more...only staff members...

Hi Jimmycricket,

While I totally get where you're coming from, reporting posts that violate our Posting Guidelines isn't considered "snitching" here. It's helping our small, overworked staff of volunteers keep this website in the amazing state that it's currently in. This website, and I'm sure everyone would agree with me on this, is quite a large website. Our staff, dedicated as they are, are not as large, and they can't be everywhere at once. We rely on the few helpful members who utilize the report post feature to help us catch the posts that need our attention or assistance that we might miss because they slipped by while we were handling something else.

Reports can also be sent for any number of reasons - if someone posts something that offends you in a serious way and you don't want to ruin this websites positive vibe by starting an argument, you report the post. If you come across other members who are ruining the positive vibes by arguing and calling each other names, you report the post. If someone has accidentally posted a photo using an off site hosting source because they weren't aware of the guideline to upload the photo to our gallery first and that photo has been deleted by the off site source resulting in a dead photo and pointless post here, you would report the post to help keep this website in the best possible condition that it could be in, would you not? It's not "snitching", my friend, it's helping not just the staff but other members of this community as well.

We don't require that you report posts, so if you're not comfortable with it, you don't have to do it. But we sure do appreciate the help support from those who do. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Good morning 420 girl, could we please get the data that shows the areas and activity levels in those areas, if we had this data we would be more compelled to see where we're lackin and make an effort to spend more time in those areas. Thanks....I KNOW that the active members of :420:ARE:420:, and together...( admin and members) we determine the success of this forum!

I reported a post, and I am NOT a "snitch", this idiot membered up so he or whatever could post and disguise links inside his post relating to adult video games. I am here to work with "sincere" members, and have a extreme dislike for people selling snake oil and schmucks wasting my time that could be spent interacting with such members. Now, had I been able to share the same space with this imposter I could've handled it myself, and no one would have been reported. If you see someone abusing a child, an elderly person, or an animal, and you do what you're ABLE to do, are you a snitch? If you don't do what you can you are worse than a snitch!, something worse happens to those people, or animals and you could've done something to stop it and didn't? Shame on you.....I've always handled my own business....but I was able to do that....IF YOU HAVE NO VICTIM YOU HAVE NO CRIME...A GOOD DEAL IS A GOOD DEAL FOR EVERYONE! That's all I have to say about "snitches".......:circle-of-love:

I reported a post, and I am NOT a "snitch", this idiot membered up so he or whatever could post and disguise links inside his post relating to adult video games. I am here to work with "sincere" members, and have a extreme dislike for people selling snake oil and schmucks wasting my time that could be spent interacting with such members. Now, had I been able to share the same space with this imposter I could've handled it myself, and no one would have been reported. If you see someone abusing a child, an elderly person, or an animal, and you do what you're ABLE to do, are you a snitch? If you don't do what you can you are worse than a snitch!, something worse happens to those people, or animals and you could've done something to stop it and didn't? Shame on you.....I've always handled my own business....but I was able to do that....IF YOU HAVE NO VICTIM YOU HAVE NO CRIME...A GOOD DEAL IS A

GOOD DEAL FOR EVERYONE! That's all I have to say about "snitches".......:circle-of-love:

If i found someone doing something to a child i wouldn't be a snitch by the time i was done with that person I'd be a hero, that and a defendant

We don't get to nominate any more...only staff members...

Nominees can be made via PM (private mail) to 420 Girl :thumb:

Over the last few months the question has arisen & all answers/nominees should be directed to 420 Girl for approval between admin/staff for selection process !

Their is clear evidence to support this if one cares to browse the last 3 months worth of MOTM :Namaste:

Alright, ladies and gents! Here are the nominees we have so far:

Hosebomber - He is smart and well informed in his posts. The information and advice he gives is on point. He has also been helpful with reporting posts.

Fuzzy Duck - He has been very helpful at reporting posts. His posts are really nice and supportive/helpful to the community and the staff alike.

Hiker - His posts are positive, upbeat, and friendly. He's been keeping a very good, detailed journal and contributing nicely in other journals and threads. He shares what he learns as he learns it with great detail.

Nomination discussion is still in progress and there's still some more time before the polls open, so if any of you have someone in mind who you feel deserves recognition, send me message!

Alright, ladies and gents! Here are the nominees we have so far:

Hosebomber - He is smart and well informed in his posts. The information and advice he gives is on point. He has also been helpful with reporting posts.

Fuzzy Duck - He has been very helpful at reporting posts. His posts are really nice and supportive/helpful to the community and the staff alike.

Hiker - His posts are positive, upbeat, and friendly. He's been keeping a very good, detailed journal and contributing nicely in other journals and threads. He shares what he learns as he learns it with great detail.

Nomination discussion is still in progress and there's still some more time before the polls open, so if any of you have someone in mind who you feel deserves recognition, send me message!

Wow thanks! I'm really honored to be nominated. I'm not sure I'm really in the same category as the other two nominees though.

Hosebomber is the expert in all things lighting. I see him helping new folks all the time, and he provides clear and accurate information. He's definitely part of what makes :420: the great community it is! :cheer:

What can I say about the Duckman? He's Fuzzy Duck! :) I love his thirst for knowledge and enthusiasm about growing our favorite plant. :high-five:

That last guy is pretty smart, but he babbles a lot. :winkyface:

Thanks so much for the nomination. While I'm not expecting to win, I'd be lieing if I said I wasn't hopeful. That would make this a pretty amazing month for me. The first harvest of my new room is starting in a couple days. My birthday is this month (20th). Just being nominated made this a better month already, but adding MotM would put this month firmly into the realm of "Best Month EVER!". :thanks:

I like Hosebomber myself & i'm pleased that he has been selected/nomineee for MOTM, his work in the grow light section of forums is out standing :thumb:

As for yourself Hiker it is indeed a pleasure to hear a fresh new name echo through the halls of fame...

For myself i'll be waddling about for many years to come getting my feathers in a ruffle over decades worth of dreaded hearsay, growing myth & some misconceptions here or their !

Its a life times work... & one day i'd like to write something about my endevours in growing MJ, if i don't get side tracked with cooking with MJ :love:

Currently looking at toffee or fudge MJ sweets very soon... people really do miss out on the flavours of some strains when cooked with & i myself prefer the fruity strains, herbal or sweet & smooth types... a little bit of afghani in some strains works quite nicely depending on what ya cooking with.

Really got to go organic style to bring out the flavours & the deeper undertones of your bud tho.

Back
Top Bottom