7 10.77%
  • Shottafire

7 10.77%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree561Likes

Thread: Member of the Month - April 2013

Member of the Month - April 2013

Welcome to the 420 Member of the Month Contest thread

Please note that after much Cannadeliberation the staff has decided to make a few experimental improvements to our Member of the Month contest. Our intention is to include not only our valued growers, but more of our non-growing members in this one contest as well. We are by no means excluding growers from the Member of the Month Contest but we feel that our Plant and Bud Contests are already serving these members pretty well. Please help and support us in this effort.

Specifically, we're looking to thank those members that help and support our site in so many under recognized ways, such as:

• Greeting new members
    • Helping people with questions
    • Peacemakers
    • Activism efforts
    • Promoting our sponsors
    • Activity and content generation
    • Reporting violations

Beginning this month, the staff will select the nominees and members will determine the winner by poll.

The contest will be open for staff submissions from the beginning through the 15th day of each month. The staff is expected to include their reason for nominating the member. Once all submissions are in, we will begin voting for a winner. Winners are announced on the 1st of each month. Please bear with us, should the thread need to be locked during the nominating period.

Winners earn 100 rep points, "420 Member of the Month" title, 1 Case of Rolling Papers, and 420 Magazine Nug Jar!

MagicalButter contributes the following item to our winner.

Blue Planet Nutrients contributes all of the following items to our winner.

Sierra Natural Science contributes all of the following items to our winner.

MagicalButter contributes the following item to our winner.

Smoke Cones contributes all of the following items to our winner.

Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Member of the Year" contest; to be held in January.

Rules:

1. 420 Magazine staff members submit nominees and rational in the contest thread.

2. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, may disqualify the entry. This rule does not prohibit members from suggesting nominations to staff by PM. Please do not nominate or suggest nomination in the contest thread.

3. Past winners are ineligible for 6 months from date of win.

4. Any attempt at voting more than one time per person (i.e. multiple user names, etc.) or cheating in any other form will result in a permanent disqualification from all future contests.

How to Become Member of the Month!

Member of the Month Winner - December 2012 WizHigh's Avatar
    Trying to find out whats in H&G Roots Excel?!

Re: Member of the Month - April 2013

I can dig it. I like the way this is going. Just recently met a NON grower on here whos pretty cool and gives input around the forums. So I can respect this change. Plus your right about the Nug & Plant of the month being more supportive to us growers.
    DIY Water Chiller for Hydro!!!!

GLR LOVERS: Why do 12-1-12 when you could do 10-1-16?! FASTEST, BEST VEG RESULTS EVER!!!!

"When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me
    Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
    And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me
    Speaking words of wisdom, let it be!

Legal notice and disclaimer: All posts here in are fictitious and should be taken as such. All photos and images are sourced from external sources and are not my own. I have no knowledge of any illegal or legal growing of any controlled substances under any local, state, or federal law. With this disclaimer I expect that all my rights under the United States of America will not be infringed upon by any governing as I do not consent to giving up these rights at any time. I will continue to reserve my right to privacy, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Nug of the Month Winner - February 2014 Jimmycricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 420 Girl View Post
    Specifically, we're looking to thank those members that help and support our site in so many under recognized ways, such as:

• Greeting new members
    • Helping people with questions
    • Peacemakers
    • Activism efforts
    • Promoting our sponsors
    • Activity and content generation
    • Reporting violations

Maaaaaaaaaaaan, I been to jail for this shiznit! I aint no rat and down with anyone who is!

Snitching is bad, buds are good.
    But when people be snitchin in your neighborhood.
    They bring the police around and lock you up.
    toss you in a cell, just a cot and tin cup
    I learned in kindergarten don't tattletale
    those peeps who told on me can go to hell
    But on a serious note this i can not condone
    people snitchin on each other it just makes me groan :(

Hi Jimmycricket,

While I totally get where you're coming from, reporting posts that violate our Posting Guidelines isn't considered "snitching" here. It's helping our small, overworked staff of volunteers keep this website in the amazing state that it's currently in. This website, and I'm sure everyone would agree with me on this, is quite a large website. Our staff, dedicated as they are, are not as large, and they can't be everywhere at once. We rely on the few helpful members who utilize the report post feature to help us catch the posts that need our attention or assistance that we might miss because they slipped by while we were handling something else.

Reports can also be sent for any number of reasons - if someone posts something that offends you in a serious way and you don't want to ruin this websites positive vibe by starting an argument, you report the post. If you come across other members who are ruining the positive vibes by arguing and calling each other names, you report the post. If someone has accidentally posted a photo using an off site hosting source because they weren't aware of the guideline to upload the photo to our gallery first and that photo has been deleted by the off site source resulting in a dead photo and pointless post here, you would report the post to help keep this website in the best possible condition that it could be in, would you not? It's not "snitching", my friend, it's helping not just the staff but other members of this community as well.

We don't require that you report posts, so if you're not comfortable with it, you don't have to do it. But we sure do appreciate the help support from those who do.

Blog Entries

AND April's nominees are???????????
    The name has changed the HOZ getting back to old self

This is the month N/A finally has his day in the sunshine!

I'm gonna take a good hard look around the sub sections of the forums... those places where most active members don't care to post & left to gather dust 'n' cob webs.

Which i shall choose a name & nominate for MOTM in their choosen field of expertise
    We are a culture fully immersed in the ideology that truth is what we see and what we hear. Yet we hire lawyers to manipulate truth, we hire PR and marketing firms to create truth, and we hire investigators and private detectives to uncover truth. The problem to which I am affected every day is truth in the cannabis industry.

Every time i ever posted in another section besides the grow area I wouldnt even see a reply for literally like 3-5 months haha

For a little while some of us would talk in the space and aliens section but that seems to have stopped :/.

Would love if the legal section was more active, because although I am not much help in offering legal advice, I certainly do and have had legal questions. I am more then willing to help a legal type learn to grow better if he can help some of us poor souls with legal questions .

But yeah Ducky, the other sections of the forum (if you can find some semi active ones) would be a cool place to find a unknown soldier doing some good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmycricket View Post
    Every time i ever posted in another section besides the grow area I wouldnt even see a reply for literally like 3-5 months haha

For a little while some of us would talk in the space and aliens section but that seems to have stopped :/.

Would love if the legal section was more active, because although I am not much help in offering legal advice, I certainly do and have had legal questions. I am more then willing to help a legal type learn to grow better if he can help some of us poor souls with legal questions .

But yeah Ducky, the other sections of the forum (if you can find some semi active ones) would be a cool place to find a unknown soldier doing some good.

I agree some sections of the forums are indeed slow moving & that i can only wish some more active members choose to browse the sub sections to help boost replys than rather getting their heads stuck in active journals... ( hence popularity vote )

Whilst some quibble over the one post wonders or those that don't keep active journals & those are the people i wish to assist as they have a reason not to keep a record... for reasons i'll keep short as we all do not live in MMJ friendly parts of the world !

I've seen active journals off first time growers who recieve little help or advice at all, says a lot about a community wishing to help each other !

We all have a our flavours of where we care to post & help but all could do better to improve over all content of
    We are a culture fully immersed in the ideology that truth is what we see and what we hear. Yet we hire lawyers to manipulate truth, we hire PR and marketing firms to create truth, and we hire investigators and private detectives to uncover truth. The problem to which I am affected every day is truth in the cannabis industry.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Duck View Post
    I'm gonna take a good hard look around the sub sections of the forums... those places where most active members don't care to post & left to gather dust 'n' cob webs.

Which i shall choose a name & nominate for MOTM in their choosen field of expertise
    We don't get to nominate any more...only staff members...
    The name has changed the HOZ getting back to old self

Cannabis Connoisseur - Member of the Month - March 2013 mcloadie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 420 Girl View Post
    Hi Jimmycricket,

While I totally get where you're coming from, reporting posts that violate our Posting Guidelines isn't considered "snitching" here. It's helping our small, overworked staff of volunteers keep this website in the amazing state that it's currently in. This website, and I'm sure everyone would agree with me on this, is quite a large website. Our staff, dedicated as they are, are not as large, and they can't be everywhere at once. We rely on the few helpful members who utilize the report post feature to help us catch the posts that need our attention or assistance that we might miss because they slipped by while we were handling something else.

Reports can also be sent for any number of reasons - if someone posts something that offends you in a serious way and you don't want to ruin this websites positive vibe by starting an argument, you report the post. If you come across other members who are ruining the positive vibes by arguing and calling each other names, you report the post. If someone has accidentally posted a photo using an off site hosting source because they weren't aware of the guideline to upload the photo to our gallery first and that photo has been deleted by the off site source resulting in a dead photo and pointless post here, you would report the post to help keep this website in the best possible condition that it could be in, would you not? It's not "snitching", my friend, it's helping not just the staff but other members of this community as well.

We don't require that you report posts, so if you're not comfortable with it, you don't have to do it. But we sure do appreciate the help support from those who do.

Good morning 420 girl, could we please get the data that shows the areas and activity levels in those areas, if we had this data we would be more compelled to see where we're lackin and make an effort to spend more time in those areas. Thanks....I KNOW that the active members of ARE, and together...( admin and members) we determine the success of this forum!

Cannabis Connoisseur - Member of the Month - March 2013 mcloadie's Avatar

I reported a post, and I am NOT a "snitch", this idiot membered up so he or whatever could post and disguise links inside his post relating to adult video games. I am here to work with "sincere" members, and have a extreme dislike for people selling snake oil and schmucks wasting my time that could be spent interacting with such members. Now, had I been able to share the same space with this imposter I could've handled it myself, and no one would have been reported. If you see someone abusing a child, an elderly person, or an animal, and you do what you're ABLE to do, are you a snitch? If you don't do what you can you are worse than a snitch!, something worse happens to those people, or animals and you could've done something to stop it and didn't? Shame on you.....I've always handled my own business....but I was able to do that....IF YOU HAVE NO VICTIM YOU HAVE NO CRIME...A GOOD DEAL IS A GOOD DEAL FOR EVERYONE! That's all I have to say about "snitches".......

Great read so far for April. Cant wait to see the nominees. Jimmy that's so damn funny!! N/A's chance to shine...lol!
    Spring2012

Current Grow! ( in Progress) Blue Mystics and Freinds!! http://www.420magazine.com/forums/jo...ome-again.html

Link to my First Grow (Complete) All Auto Fems under T8's and CFLs, Inside Soil http://www.420magazine.com/forums/jo...oset-grow.html

Second grow (complete) Auto Bomb and Big Bang Auto
    http://www.420magazine.com/forums/jo...bang-auto.html

Springs 3rd grow CFL ( 600 watt hps ) 4 strains, FFOF Soil, Indoor tent (Complete).
    http://www.420magazine.com/forums/jo...door-tent.html

Spring's Obviouas/Stealth Grow #4 ( Completed )
    http://www.420magazine.com/forums/jo...alth-grow.html

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast