Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Bassman59 - Holy Grail Kush

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • BigIrishDoode - Purple Urkle

Votes: 20 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

420 Girl

We are now accepting nominations for the Nug of the Month contest.

Please submit a photo of your best nug (there is a separate contest thread for plants.) The nug must be your own, either purchased or grown. Optionally, we'd love to hear about the strain, taste, aroma, potency, effect, weight or any other frosty details that you're willing to share.

The contest will be open for submissions from the 1st through the 15th day of each month. Once all submissions are in, we will begin voting for a winner. Winners are announced on the 1st of each month.

Winners earn 100 rep points, "Nug of the Month" title and a 420 Magazine Nug Jar!

Nug-Month_new.jpg

Sierra Natural Science Contributes All Of The Following Items To Our 420 Contest Winners.
Doggett Simpson Contributes All Of The Following Items To Our 420 Contest Winners.
MagicalButter contributes the following item to our winner.
HBI International contributes all of the following items to our winner.
Smoke Cones contributes all of the following items to our winner.
Space Case Contributes The Following Item To Our 420 Contest Winners.
Shipping fees may apply to packages shipped outside of the U.S. & Canada

Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Nug of the Year" contest in January.

Rules:

1. Contest entries must be original photos of your own nug. The nug photo may include several nugs or a cola. This nug may be grown by yourself or purchased at a legal medical Marijuana co-op, collective or dispensary.

2. Entries must include ONLY photos of the nug. But you may add one photo as a reference point for size or a closeup/macro.

3. Maximum of two photos per member. Both photos must be of the same strain or batch of nugs. Updating photos throughout the month is not allowed.

4. Remember to upload your photo through our Photo Gallery before posting it on this thread.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

5. Nugs must be "dry" and in "ready to smoke" form.

6. Self-nominations only.

7. Competition is open to the first 25 entries.

8. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, may disqualify the entry.

9. Any attempt at voting more than one time per person (i.e. multiple user names, etc.) or cheating in any other form will result in a permanent disqualification from all future contests.

10. Editing Photos: You may resize and/or crop your photos, however adding text, images and effects are prohibited. This makes it a fair contest for all, as not everyone can afford photo editing programs and/or know how to use them.

Consolidated Entries

Cultivator - AMS

20130121_145657.jpg

Alex801 - Super Lemon Haze

image3193.jpg

image3130.jpg

Cola Monster - Silver Fox

DSC084432.JPG

DSC084932.JPG

Relaxed Lester - Memphis Belle

photo_2264.JPG

NotoriousBOB - Power Plant

20140103_015445.jpg

2014-01-03_09_45_58.jpg

Elibrium - Purple Cheese

image6601.jpg

image6603.jpg

Cronichemphog - 60 Day Wonder

DSC025855.JPG

DSC025874.JPG

Mrbubbles87 - Blue OG

image6672.jpg

image6671.jpg

Mono - Auto Super Skunk

P10100822.JPG

Icemud - Cookies

edit_contest.jpg

DSC082261.JPG

OG1969 - Trainwreck

2013_indoor_grow_0284.JPG

2013_indoor_grow_0177.JPG

DrDankNstien - Ch9 Jack

jack_winner_1.JPG

jack_winner_2.JPG

Dyold - Permafrost

20140108_210258.jpg

20140108_210131.jpg

Shottafire - Orange Velvet Grown

DSCN01019.JPG

DSCN01037.JPG

Vick074 - Ambrosia

Ambrosia_nug_1.jpg

Ambrosia_nug_1_crop.jpg

Goofyfoot - Sour Diesel X Train Wreak

ruby_red.jpg

Bassman59 - Holy Grail Kush

hgk33_001.JPG

hgk111.jpg

BigIrishDoode - Purple Urkle

DSCF17633.JPG

DSCF17515.JPG

very nice entries.

@Cultivator, how do you get your buds looking like that when they have dried, spimps grapefruit has the same sort of look to it, it sort of looks felt as its all pressed against itself so it looks nice and smooth, is it due to how you trim or how you dry the bud, i notice their is some leaf on it which i trim right back but if leaving it on ends up with a nice dense looking bud like yours then ill give it a try.
to me it looks like its been wrapped in cling film, i know it hasnt but hopefully you can understand what im trying to get at,

mate the result is down to the buds when they are grown. to get buds like that they need to be dense or it wont cure like that. I take most leaf off unless it is really covered in trichs. I first dry on a net for 5-7 days in rh around 35-40%. it then goes in glass jars or paper bags, either works fine and i store in a cupboard. To get bud like that u looking at min 2months cure. oh and open hjars daily for 5 mins or so. in paper bags i just leave it and open maybe once per week.

ok cool, have some reps for the info, i get dense buds but they dont dry and end up as compact as that, im wondering if im drying them out to quick and the bud hasnt got time to relax like yours do, ill play around with the drying process as im sure my cure process is spot on and i got bud thats been curing for 4 months or more so im thinking i need to play around with the drying process.
im thinking that after what you have said that mine might be drying out a bit to quick before i cure it.
im just concerned about bud rot during the drying process due to the low temps i get where i am and high humidity,

thanks for the info.

Happy New Years all! :party:
To start off 2014 I'm gonna go with a couple shots of my indoor grown and CO2 induced "Silver Fox" strain which looks completely different in appearance then the outdoor flowers I grew this summer but is what it is none the less and is frosting up nicely in it's sixth month of curing. Good luck all!:goodluck: ~Peace~:ganjamon:

DSC084432.JPG

DSC084932.JPG

:circle-of-love::Namaste:

Here is a nug of "Memphis Belle", I did not grow this cannabis - it was picked up at a legal collective. I feel bad submitting something I didn't grow, as it seems we have members here that grow better marijuana than one could buy! Anyway, just wanted to show off this nug. :popcorn:
photo_2264.JPG

ok cool, have some reps for the info, i get dense buds but they dont dry and end up as compact as that, im wondering if im drying them out to quick and the bud hasnt got time to relax like yours do, ill play around with the drying process as im sure my cure process is spot on and i got bud thats been curing for 4 months or more so im thinking i need to play around with the drying process.
im thinking that after what you have said that mine might be drying out a bit to quick before i cure it.
im just concerned about bud rot during the drying process due to the low temps i get where i am and high humidity,

thanks for the info.

dont worry about bud rot as long as u have plenty air circulating in the room and rh is 40% or less u be fine. dont have fans blowing directly onto the bud either as that dries it out too quickly. i see bud dried out in 3 days but it just goes crispy and horrible. take the time to dry it slowly, it takes months to grow so an extra week or 2 to dry isnt the end of the world. It makes all the difference to the end product.

very nice Relaxed Lester, its not a problem that you didnt grow it, no one will think anything different, the rules are clear and says it can be anything personally grown or anything purchased legally, so its all good my friend,
not sure why but to me your bud looks like its sticking its finger up, every time i look at it it reminds me of a fist with the middle finger sticking up, looks like some very nice bud, if i could buy legally im sure id be entering these contests but i have not bought any bud in 2 years or more since growing but i know if i could buy it at dispenseries then id probably still buy some from time to time as you always have a nice choice. but until laws change here its just not possible,

@Cultivator, thanks for the info. ill try drying it a bit slower with this harvest then, ill get a dehumidifier as humidity is always pretty high here this time of year in rainy old blighty, i know hanging the buds to dry is probably the best drying method but i didnt want to risk bud rot so always cut the buds off the stems and had them in paper bags or in shoe boxes, so im pretty sure its the drying process thats the problem.
ive only had bud rot twice, once was with some monster buds still on the plant. the ak47 x uk cherry cheese i grew last produced huge buds but i could smell something wasnt right so looked at the main bud and i could clearly see it had started to rot in the middle, but im pretty sure that was just down to the size of the bud as the rest of the plant and other plants was ok, the 2nd time i had bud rot was when i put buds into jars to cure and i went out and forgot to take the lid off one of the mason jars, it had only been on for 24 hours and when i got home it had fur growing on top of the buds, strange thing is i tip the buds out to bin them and within a few hours the mould had vanished, so i never threw it out and still havent used it just in case, its been curing for nearly 2 years now and if i open the jar i looks and small as dank as it normally should, but ive not took the risk of using it so might use it for hash, a mate says he will have it knowing the risks but to me it looks perfectly fine, it didnt have bud rot as such it was more like mould growing where the buds was touching the glass.

so thanks for the info buddy, ill see how i do with this next harvest, i wont enter these contests until im 100% happy with my cured buds,

@BoB, very nice mate, ive heard a few growers say that its a nice strain, certainly looks very nice, these contests give me the chance to see different strains and gives me options for future grows,

good luck everyone, your certainly keeping the standards very high

Thanks Don Paul I really should of used a bigger bud or something but oh well now I know. I also love seeing all the different strains I'm looking for a new one now to try I'm very pleased to have become an active member here it really brought some joy back for me. Good luck everyone and thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom