'Should I Smoke Dope' documentary and discussion

StonyGeoff

..cannabinoids, medicinal values and documentary worth watching.

While I like many enjoy the psychedelic 'trippy' delights THC offers, I'm more a fan of CBD for it's medicinal values as a sleep aid, anti-anxiety med and an anti-psychotic.

In fact, there is a research operation currently in place in the UK looking at CBD extraction for use as a medicine, specifically the anti-psychotic properties. I believe they were looking directly at a new kind of medication for schizophrenia sufferers, which is funny considering cannabis use has been linked to schizophrenia. On one hand you have a chemical which can trigger the onset of schizophrenic psychosis while on the other hand you have a chemical which in fact aids to inhibit schizophrenic symptoms in patients. Power to do harm, power to heal.

In the film 'Should I Smoke Dope' with reporter Nicky Taylor we are shown a scene where they experiment with THC injections and Nicky herself volunteers to take the seat. Don't worry it's not what you think, it takes ten minutes post injection for her to notice any effects. One day she's given pure THC, on another she's given a combination of THC and CBD. I won't spoil it but the results are very interesting. I know the first time I ever tried 'skunk' as a teenager I thought I was going to die. Very, very potent stuff.

It's taken a very long time but researchers are finally looking at a real medication which may offer an legal alternative for chronic pain sufferers and individuals with psychosis, alternate to opiates and nasty anti-psychotic pills often with unpleasant side effects. It would indeed be wonderful if cannabis could finally be accepted in the pharmacological world without being viewed as a nothing more than a party drug.

As we all know, many pain sufferers and cancer patients out there still choose to use cannabis as a medicine over the nasty scripted stuff, however if they were offered an alternative 'CBD based' medicine it could very well offer some handy political ammunition for pro-pot activists.

Any thoughts?

Here's the youtube link for Nicky Taylors 'Should I Smoke Dope' video. It's well worth a watch anyway in case you haven't seen it yet, during which she ventures into Holland and samples the local cuisine.

It's in parts so I'll post the whole lot for you.

Enjoy!

Greetings plumpy. Sorry to hear about your vision loss, however I'm stoked to hear how much cannabis has improved your quality of life. At least for now in many parts of the world people tend to be very relaxed about the whole deal. Pot can destroy lives but it has the ability to do the complete opposite for individuals like yourself. Kudos!

@Weed420 - tell me about it man, funny as hell :p

What about the first joint she tries .. "take only 2 puffs and wait 10 mins"

8:15 Indeed Bowie has seen it all and Bowie say you need more than 1/10th of a gram to get high. Lol, I cant imagine having a full team of medical staff next to me just to smoke a joint.:Rasta:

Haha that was a great video, although I can't say I agree with her "drug of choice" as she mentions at the end of the video

Heh I was almost killed in a drink driving incident when I was 15. Went one on one with the windscreen and survived, the windscreen didn't make it unfortunately. The driver made it out with barely a scratch as in most cases.

Agreed Rin101.

420 Soldier I wish I had a team of medical staff first time I got really really high, it was scary as hell!

Back
Top Bottom