Failed urine test

PamelaPothead

Hi all,

Newbie to this forum. Totally depressed as, after having been unemployed for a year and a half, figured nothing was happening job-wise, cabin fever and winter doldrums, why not, only to have a temp agency call on a Friday for a job starting Monday requiring a weekend urine test. FAILED. Lost my temp job at a great company (they were told I would be unable to complete my assignment) and the agency has taken me off their active list for 90 days with reinstatement contingent upon passing another test.

Ordered "Rescue Detox" 12 capsules and had overnighted and used as directed, but just didn't have enough time to get it right. Tested positive for mj at 30 through LabCorp. I'm a heavy woman and heavy smoker and just learned a heavy lesson for being an idiot to smoke while job searching. :rollingeyes:

Now don't let that getcha down.I was fired for a dirty but turned around and found a job paying two dollars more than what i was a makin'.My boss knows i smoke,but as long as i don't do it before or during work he really doesn't care.I was making 9$ an hour now i am making 11$ an hour.Thats pretty good for the place i live.Good luck with your job hunt.

That is upsetting, I know. I have failed a test for a job too before. I know when things in life happen to me, I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason so that always seems to help me except things that happen, good or bad. I would just take it as a lesson learned and look forward to a better tomorrow! I have also been unemployed for a little over a year so I know how it feels...You get really jazzed if you may have a good job opportunity, than it doesn't go through! Anyways, good luck on your search and relax and burn one!!:goodluck::high-five:

This thread is a few months old but if substituting urine make sure you use gender specific urine. That means don't barrow from a female if you are a male. Temp of urine needs to be in the right body temp zone too as cold urine is tip off when you hand it off and sometimes an infrared thermometer is used just to check the urine before the sample is pkgd and sent off to the lab. Some of the better systems incorporate a battery to keep sample to correct temp.

This thread is a few months old but if substituting urine make sure you use gender specific urine. That means don't barrow from a female if you are a male.
Jaysus not another one!

Incorrect and irresponsible statement. Drug screens do not test urine for gender. "That means" it makes no difference if your donor is of the opposite sex.

Jaysus not another one!

Incorrect and irresponsible statement. Drug screens do not test urine for gender. "That means" it makes no difference if your donor is of the opposite sex.

Tangle, I would like to know how you come to the conclusion that this is an incorrect and irresponsible statement??? I personally know that a urine test was failed for that reason with my cousins parole and probation urine test...Maybe not in all cases they check, but they surely do have a way of telling in some or possibly most cases. Have you personally passed using another genders urine?? If so, I would say good for you that you got away with it..Not here to start an ongoing argument, just wanted to let you know what I have seen first hand with this situation and that was why I don't agree with the statement that it is irresponsible and incorrect information..Anyhow, keep it green....:thumb:

Jaysus not another one!

Yes another one.... but with 30 yrs of experience on the issue.

First of all please understand that a drug screen (dipping stick,slide, capillary action, use of re-agents, whatever) is a "screen" that reveals usage at at a predetermined cutoff. They can be fairly generous. Since they are cost effect they are used in the judicial system. If the sample looks suspicious, tampered with or adulterated or show signs of flushing (PH bal telling) the sample can then be sent of to a lab to determine ...what's up with the piss?? :rofl:

Then there is the farmed out lab urine test, which is what most employment related testing consists of. How many drugs the sample is tested for, how or if the sample was adulterated all depends on how much money the employer agrees or contracts too.

There is no way in hell you can tell me that female urine lab tests the same as male urine. It obviously different in the animal kingdom and the human race ain't no different. Its not worth the argument. If your loser boyfriend got through without a gender ck that just means they did not test. So keep doing what your doing and :goodluck: or better yet do your research.

Not here to start an ongoing argument,
Nor am I willoby. Here soley to assist those whose fourth amendment rights are being stepped on.

just wanted to let you know what I have seen first hand with this situation
No willoby, what you posted was hearsay at best.

and that was why I don't agree with the statement that it is irresponsible and incorrect
No? Then read on my friend.

While you took the time to quote me Doc, you sadly did not take the time to comprehend what was stated before furiously banging away at your unfortunate keyboard with what I imagine to be a deeply furrowed brow and clenched teeth.

Your first tell Doc. A transparent attempt to insinuate that anything I may say in rebuttal is to be viewed as highly suspect in light of your vast expertise on the subject matter. If it's all right with you, I will dispense with the credentials. Why bother when everyone knows that when on the Internet, you can claim to be anybody you want to be.

First of all please understand that a drug screen (dipping stick,slide, capillary action, use of re-agents, whatever) is a "screen" that reveals usage at at a predetermined cutoff. They can be fairly generous. Since they are
cost effect they are used in the judicial system. If the sample looks suspicious, tampered with or adulterated or show signs of flushing (PH bal telling) the sample can then be sent of to a lab to determine ...what's up with the piss??:rofl:
Not exactly a white paper is it? Those determinations are known as validity checks and the protocols are regulated by the Feds namely, DHHS and DOT, and gender testing is not one of them. Not to mention that the equipment used on drug screens is not designed to do so.

Then there is the farmed out lab urine test, which is what most employment related testing consists of. How many drugs the sample is tested for, how or if the sample was adulterated all depends on how much money the employer agrees or contracts too.
Then we can agree on something Doc.Though I fail to see how this supports your contention that gender tests are part and parcel of a drug screen.

There is no way in hell you can tell me that female urine lab tests the same as male urine.
Attempting to shove words into my mouth would be your second tell. I never stated that tests could not tell the difference. I stated that those tests are not run on a drug screen. Starting to see a pattern emerging here?

It obviously different in the animal kingdom and the human race ain't no different.
Point for Doc.

Its not worth the argument.
Third tell. If you confuse me with the facts, I will not respond because I don't want to dig this hole I am in any deeper. Just can't agree with you here Doc. Info in the drug test sub-forums are far too important to people that visit seeking honest answers because their family's financial future or their freedom is at stake all because of a intrusive drug test.

If your loser boyfriend got through without a gender ck that just means they did not test. So keep doing what your doing and :goodluck: or better yet do your research.
Your fourth and final tell Doc. Insults and wild assumptions to close your post. Just my "loser boyfriend" Doc? What of the vast numbers who pass the screen every day using subbed urine of the opposite sex. Got to give them their props as well.

Again, unduly warning people that are considering substitution that they must seek out a donor of the same sex insinuating that gender is part and parcel of a drug screen is not only incorrect but it is also irresponsible.

Tangle,

You are either a rabid pitbull or out of weed. You are putting toooo much effort in this thread to save the "unknowing".

Bottom line: on a cheap "screen" what is happening is there is a sorting process. What the tester ends up with is screens that are obviously positive and those that are obviously negative. Then you have the questionable screens (feint visual reading, peculiar reactions to the re-agents, questionable temps, and on and on) those screens will go to the lab if the funds are available. Also understand that especially in cases that involve probationers or parolees the tester (PO or DA) may have been tipped by phone on what to look for. This happens more than you think. Even sometimes the wife or GF that has provided the urine can call in and snitch resulting in a thorough lab test. Some jurisdictions even charge the probationer for the test costs if the results are incriminating. You are right on one point, usually in a very high percentage of times gender is never tested.

Where we differ: Rarely does the urine provider know ahead of time the extent of the testing involved especially on employment drug testing. That's why they are on this forum, doing their homework. There are hormonal differences in male and female urine. The unknowing needs to understand the big picture and weigh out the chances of walking into an extensive lab testing VS a $30 field screen test.

I will close out by saying if you want to use substitute urine get the best you can get. As odd as it may sound...make sure you get clean urine and while you are at it make sure it is gender appropriate and the proper temp. Borrower or Buyer Beware. Lastly make sure that the piss gets into the cup in a stealth manner if the UA drop is one that is observed.

I guess readers will have to decide who is giving out the most prudent and cautious info on this thread.

Time to blaze up. It's 3:33pm here and after this exchange I can't wait until 4:20. :lot-o-toke:

You are putting toooo much effort in this thread to save the "unknowing"
Never let them see you sweat Doc.

I post what are verifiable facts that you conveniently choose to ignore while continuing to just ramble on. If you cannot debate and educate the reader, then you might just as well try to confuse them huh.

Bottom line: on a cheap "screen" what is happening is there is a sorting process. What the tester ends up with is screens that are obviously positive and those that are obviously negative. Then you have the questionable screens (feint visual reading, peculiar reactions to the re-agents, questionable temps, and on and on) those screens will go to the lab if the funds are available. Also understand that especially in cases that involve probationers or parolees the tester (PO or DA) may have been tipped by phone on what to look for. This happens more than you think. Even sometimes the wife or GF that has provided the urine can call in and snitch resulting in a thorough lab test. Some jurisdictions even charge the probationer for the test costs if the results are incriminating.
This is a good example. What the bottom line really is.The OP posted about a failed employment screen and you decide to use PO's, DA's, probationers, parolees as examples. Not to mention GF's and wives tying up the phone lines with hot tips. If this had any relevency and it does not, you should have added it to your first post in the thread instead of attempting to use it as a fall back here.

You are right on one point, usually in a very high percentage of times gender is never tested.
Nice try at offering some sort of appeasement Doc. It's not by chance as you would like others to believe. The facts are that federal regulations prohibits gender testing under the protocols used for drug testing. Therefore it is illegal to do so and certifed labs don't if they wish to remain certified.

Where we differ: Rarely does the urine provider know ahead of time the extent of the testing involved especially on employment drug testing That's why they are on this forum, doing their homework...
What they come for is honest answers to their questions.

There are hormonal differences in male and female urine.
No doubling dipping allowed Doc.You were already given credit for this one obvious fact in my previous post.

The unknowing needs to understand the big picture and weigh out the chances of walking into an extensive lab testing VS a $30 field screen test
Now ain't it ironic that you are the "unknowing" one that needs to "understand the big picture." That which you call "extensive lab testing" is regulated by the feds and gender testing is not one of the protocols for drug testing!

I will close out by saying if you want to use substitute urine get the best you can get. As odd as it may sound...make sure you get clean urine and while you are at it make sure it is gender appropriate and the proper temp. Borrower or Buyer Beware. Lastly make sure that the piss gets into the cup in a stealth manner if the UA drop is one that is observed.
"Odd" would not be the first word that comes to mind when reading your advice on this particular matter. Irresponsible would be much more appropriate.

I guess readers will have to decide who is giving out the most prudent and cautious info on this thread.
Got to be honest with you Doc. I likes my chances.

Never let them see you sweat Doc.

I post what are verifiable facts that you conveniently choose to ignore while continuing to just ramble on. If you cannot debate and educate the reader, then you might just as well try to confuse them huh.

This is a good example. What the bottom line really is.The OP posted about a failed employment screen and you decide to use PO's, DA's, probationers, parolees as examples. Not to mention GF's and wives tying up the phone lines with hot tips. If this had any relevency and it does not, you should have added it to your first post in the thread instead of attempting to use it as a fall back here.

Nice try at offering some sort of appeasement Doc. It's not by chance as you would like others to believe. The facts are that federal regulations prohibits gender testing under the protocols used for drug testing. Therefore it is illegal to do so and certifed labs don't if they wish to remain certified.

What they come for is honest answers to their questions.

No doubling dipping allowed Doc.You were already given credit for this one obvious fact in my previous post.

Now ain't it ironic that you are the "unknowing" one that needs to "understand the big picture." That which you call "extensive lab testing" is regulated by the feds and gender testing is not one of the protocols for drug testing!

"Odd" would not be the first word that comes to mind when reading your advice on this particular matter. Irresponsible would be much more appropriate.

Got to be honest with you Doc. I likes my chances.

So how about using my wives urine. She takes birth control. That kinda makes me nervous. I have only smoked 2 hits 5 days ago. Before that it was a month ago. Test is tomorrow....

Hi, I am a 30 year old who used to smoke regularly until I found a opportunity to get in with Verizon wireless. I have worked for agents making crap money and the stress is going to kill me soon if I don't get into a corporate environment.(I work for an Att agent and I can't get into corporate Att because their is a contract between corporate Att stopping me unless unemployed for 6 months and I didn't sighn anything DESCRIMINATION!) I had 3 phone interviews and one with the disrtict manager and store manager that went amazing. I passed my background check and my references panned out. Then came the drug test. I quit smoking 3 weeks before the urine test. Flushed my system with water and cranberry did the aspirin b12 thing and my first test came back a dilute. Funny I passed 2 labcore tests for walmart and target under the same conditions/testing facility. I had to retest within 24 hours so I figured I had this so i didnt flush and I was wrong. Received a call from labcore saying I tested positive for marajuana and of I didn't have a dr note I was screwed(I live in NY so no dr note). I am very depressed since I still have not smoked and wondering if I can reapply in a certain amount of time or if I'm screwd for good. I feel like I got screwed but I really can't be mad at anyone but myself. Lol good advice will be appreciated criticism will not be. Thanks in advance!! Ps I still think about smoking everyday!!

That really sucks dude...Everything happens for a reason...Maybe something better is waiting...Keep your hopes up and roll with the punches...It will work out...:thumb:

Thanks dude!! I keep telling myself that but the reality of it all is I would of had all benefits paid for personal time which I have neighther, doubled + my salary and way less stress and opportunity to advance..I'm having trouble coming to grips with all of this. I am even too embarrassed to call them and see if I can re apply some time..

Its too bad that society makes you feel like a criminal for such a stupid thing...I know everywhere I have ever worked, almost everyone at the company were drinkers, some of them heavily(like myself!!)to the point that it effected their job performance(me again at one time!!) but never had to worry about being tested for it...When I smoke, even when I have done it on work time, I was never impaired enough to effect my job...I just chose not to do it at work anymore to have something to look forward to when I got off...Anyhow, I am a true believer that things happen for a reason...Also, there are numerous cell phone companies out there, could you stay clean and possibly apply for the same position at another company??? Keep your eyes open and I would stay clean until you overcome this and get the job your wanting ....Good luck anyhow....:thumb:

First of all please understand that a drug screen (dipping stick,slide, capillary action, use of re-agents, whatever) is a "screen" that reveals usage at at a predetermined cutoff. They can be fairly generous. Since they are cost effect they are used in the judicial system. If the sample looks suspicious, tampered with or adulterated or show signs of flushing (PH bal telling) the sample can then be sent of to a lab to determine ...what's up with the piss?? :rofl:

There is no way in hell you can tell me that female urine lab tests the same as male urine. It obviously different in the animal kingdom and the human race ain't no different. Its not worth the argument. If your loser boyfriend got through without a gender ck that just means they did not test. So keep doing what your doing and :goodluck: or better yet do your research.

Um. Maybe you should do your research.....Yes, they can.... Easily. However, if they do test it for gender they had better not tell anyone because that will most definitely land them in sexual discrimination court with an easy to win lawsuit. It wouldn't be much if any different from them testing the urine to determine if you were white or black. That's discrimination no matter how you measure it. Drug screenings have absolutely no business attempting to discover race or gender because it has absolutely nothing to do with what they're suppose to be testing. Long story short, they can test for race and gender etc but they can't use any of the information they've gathered so it would be a complete waste of time. And even if they did test it and find that it was a pregnant woman's urine when you're a male, they can't disclose that information to anyone unless you signed a disclosure form that specifically stated that you're allowing them to test the gender of the urine and report their findings to a third party. That stands true for drug tests too. If you don't sign a consent form allowing them to disclose the results of a drug test or any medical procedure for that matter, then they would be in direct violation of Hippa Laws. You have to consent to them disclosing the results of any test or medical procedure to a third party. If you don't consent and they still test you and report their findings to someone other than you, then after the lawsuit and/or settlement you probably will have so much money that you probably won't have to worry about any other pre-emoyment drug screening for quite some time. You probably won't have to work for a while after they make a stupid mistake like that. The funny thing is, depending on what exactly happened you could probably sue both the lab and the employer or whatever third party requested the test. If you're on probation or parole, then things work a bit different. You could still sue them, unfortunately it wouldn't do you much good considering they can violate you just because they woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Anyway, yes, they can tell if it's male or female urine but they can't/won't test for something like that and if they did, it would be your lucky day. Hope that sheds some light on your question. And don't forget, make sure you thoroughly read anything and everything they ask you to fill out and /or sign your name on. It would be a total bitch to consent to them testing your urine for race or gender without realizing you just gave them the OK for it. Always read everything before signing off on something or you could very well be consenting to them testing you for something that easily falls under some sort of discrimination. That wouldn't be too cool now would it?

Read more: Can the lab tell if a drug test is male or female urine

Back
Top Bottom