How Common is Testing FOR Synthetic Urine?

RckyMntnHgh

Does anyone know how common it is for a lab to test FOR synthetic urine? i.e., I am planning to use synthetic urine for my urine analysis, but am worried that a lack of smell or foaminess will flag my sample.

As are many of the other posters in this section, I am in total freak-out mode.

I took a UA for this job a few weeks ago, and went through a 2 day detox before the test. My at-home test said I was good to go, but I was just notified this morning that my sample was too diluted and I need to retest within 24 hours.

I purchased Quick Fix 5.7, but I started detoxing with a ReadyClean drink and tons of water anyway, just because when I panic I do every possible thing that might make me feel better.

I am fairly certain I could flush myself adequately to pass with my own urine, but I do NOT want to risk being too dilute again (if I am, I don't get the job and can't reapply for 6 months). I'm not sure I have the time to count on using B vitamins and Creatine; it looks like they take a few days to regulate into your system, and I now have... 15 hours until I test.

I'm also a little worried that since this is my 2nd test, they will... I don't know, test it extra carefully or something? I know that sounds dumb, but this is my brain on PANIC. :)

A smart person would have refrained from partaking in the ganja after my first test, but not me. I assumed after a week of not hearing anything that I was good to go, and have consumed some edibles in the last few days.

So if anyone has some words of wisdom or Quick Fix success stories, I could use them about now.

This job is SUPER awesome, I will be so depressed (not to mention embarrassed) if I do not get it because I failed this drug test.

I was about to make a thread sort of about this very subject.

However something really shitty just happened to me, about 2 hours ago. I haven't smoked in 6 months. I just smoked last night for the first time. I got really high... now I applied for a security job. They needed me to go in for an interview and I was told they needed to hire someone TODAY so they can work TOMORROW.

No way Was I going to pass the drug test, which I figured they would have done today. I was going to buy some synthetic urine from a brand called Upass. I was going to ask if perhaps they test for fake urine.

I decline their offer and apologized sincerely and made up a bogus excuse. They were totally cool with it and I said i'd apply in the very near future. Wow... Sucks when you don't have any cash to find out for yourself if it works or not. I asked a few friends but all of them just left town.

Thanks, guys, for posting responses. Especially Hogdaddy; hearing you've passed multiple times with synthetic makes me feel a little more confident that I won't hear bad news tomorrow.

I tried to detox on my own but it just wasn't happening. Even with a ReadyClean drink AND a Dr. Green's Cleansing Softgel, I still wasn't passing my at home tests! This surprised me because I smoke *maybe* 3 times a week and I'm pretty athletic, so I burn a lot of fat and don't have a ton of body fat to begin with. Oh well.

So I sucked it up and used synthetic. The temp was good and I went to a Quest lab, so hopefully those things are in my favor. I'll post whether I passed or not as soon as I know.

Yakuza, that TOTALLY sucks that you had to pass on a job offer! So you didn't have enough funds to buy synthetic yourself, or you didn't want to waste the money if you weren't sure it would work? The Quick Fix I bought was only $22, which isn't bad if it means you get the job.

...Hopefully it means that I got the job. <fingers crossed>

Thanks again!

RckyMntnHgh said:
Thanks, guys, for posting responses. Especially Hogdaddy; hearing you've passed multiple times with synthetic makes me feel a little more confident that I won't hear bad news tomorrow.

I tried to detox on my own but it just wasn't happening. Even with a ReadyClean drink AND a Dr. Green's Cleansing Softgel, I still wasn't passing my at home tests! This surprised me because I smoke *maybe* 3 times a week and I'm pretty athletic, so I burn a lot of fat and don't have a ton of body fat to begin with. Oh well.

So I sucked it up and used synthetic. The temp was good and I went to a Quest lab, so hopefully those things are in my favor. I'll post whether I passed or not as soon as I know.

Yakuza, that TOTALLY sucks that you had to pass on a job offer! So you didn't have enough funds to buy synthetic yourself, or you didn't want to waste the money if you weren't sure it would work? The Quick Fix I bought was only $22, which isn't bad if it means you get the job.

...Hopefully it means that I got the job. <fingers crossed>

Thanks again!

Yeah, I didn't have any cash on me. Upass costs 15 bucks at my local headshop. It sure does suck, I'll have to wait again to apply there. It's okay though.

You will be fine. the first time i used it for a test I was scared out of my mind. Just make sure that the temp is right and you will do fine.
In my opinion, I think they know the difference just by looking at it. It looks a little different from urine. But as far as I know,they cant say anything if the temprature is right.
So no worries OKAY:goodluck:

oOH hey heres a funny story.I went to take a drug test for a new job the other day and had the bottle stashed in the underware and when I get there they handed me a siliva test! In an uncontrolled inviroment even. They took me to the back of the store and thats when they handed it to me.looked at it and asked them "how do I pee in this?" They let out a little chuckle and told me I"you don;t pee in it .You stick it in your mouth under your toungh and leave it there for 10 minutes" I looked around and told them that I forgot my SS card in my car I'll be right back. For 7.25 an hour.......just couldnt do it.
So when I get home I did a search on the internet to see if they are passable, a way around them. As it turns out, they are easier than a urinalisis to pass.Rinse your mouth out with a solution and your good to go.
No regrets though .Really didnt want the job anyhow
But anyways like I said in the other post ( i swear this is the last one) you will do fine

I love mary

:) I passed my UA with Quick Fix and got the job. :)

I'm happy you passed sir.

oOH hey heres a funny story.I went to take a drug test for a new job the other day and had the bottle stashed in the underware and when I get there they handed me a siliva test! In an uncontrolled inviroment even. They took me to the back of the store and thats when they handed it to me.looked at it and asked them "how do I pee in this?" They let out a little chuckle and told me I"you don;t pee in it .You stick it in your mouth under your toungh and leave it there for 10 minutes" I looked around and told them that I forgot my SS card in my car I'll be right back. For 7.25 an hour.......just couldnt do it.
So when I get home I did a search on the internet to see if they are passable, a way around them. As it turns out, they are easier than a urinalisis to pass.Rinse your mouth out with a solution and your good to go.
No regrets though .Really didnt want the job anyhow
But anyways like I said in the other post ( i swear this is the last one) you will do fine

I love mary

How does one Pass a saliva test?

ILM - that is CRAZY! A pre-employment saliva test? For a $7.25/hour job?! What the what?! That just blows my mind! Saliva tests are more expensive, aren't they? It seems crazy to me that a company would pay extra to have a saliva test done for a $7.25/hour job. I'm also surprised to learn that they are easier to pass than a UA. I wouldn't have guessed that, although now that I think about it, it makes sense. It sucks that you had to walk out, but I would've done the same thing. I also think you could be right that they know the difference just by looking at it; urine comes in all sorts of colors, but I don't think my urine has EVER been as bright as the synthetic!

Yakuza, I don't have enough posts to message you back (apparently you need 50 posts in forums before you can PM), so I'll just respond here (sorry):

It does sound like UPass is the other solid choice for synthetic urine if you have a upcoming UA (urine analysis). I was so freaking nervous about the whole thing, including picking out a brand. I'm not a scientist, but I think making a synthetic urine could be an easy thing to F up, so I didn't want to get some cheap, no-name brand.

So anyway, I'd recommend it for next time. I'm sorry you had to turn down that job!

Also, I'm a girl. :)

Oh, and I guess I came away from this with a tip for women. I think it might be trickier for women to smuggle in synthetic. Men can get away with baggier pants, and tighty-whities are more snug and secure than the typical pair of women's underwear. Those bottles of synthetic aren't exactly small. They do NOT fit in the vah-jay, or at least not this girls' vah-jay.

In hindsight, I wish I would have worn a skirt. At the time I was so paranoid that I thought a skirt might look suspicious, but I think I would have felt better about concealing the bottle in a skirt and I think as long as I dressed to look professional and responsible, no one at the lab would have thought twice about it.

As a side note, the lab I went to did not pat me down or even ask me to empty my pockets.

I was concerned that even with two pairs of underwear on, the bottle might slip around and fall out. Then I made a happy accidental discovery that other women in a similar situation may benefit from:

Some women's panties have a... I don't know what you would call it... a panel in the crotch with a dual layer of fabric that is open at the top. Basically, there's a pocket in the crotch of some women's panties. I don't know what the hell it's supposed to be for, but it keeps your bottle of synthetic urine in place pretty well. I would bet that most women have a pair of panties like this without even being aware of it, since we don't ever have to use that pocket. So women needing to smuggle in synthetic, pocket panties are my recommendation to you! :)

the saliva test they made me take at a pain management office was 800+ on the bill they sent me. i was shocked at the amount but not worried as work comp had to pay.at the doctors office they told me to keep stick under tounge or side of cheek until i tested "positive". i did and went home i assume they were tsting me for opiates or fenanyl. as i never heard back from them. i also read the saliva test is not very acurate for marijuana.

ILM - that is CRAZY! A pre-employment saliva test? For a $7.25/hour job?! What the what?! That just blows my mind! Saliva tests are more expensive, aren't they? It seems crazy to me that a company would pay extra to have a saliva test done for a $7.25/hour job. I'm also surprised to learn that they are easier to pass than a UA. I wouldn't have guessed that, although now that I think about it, it makes sense. It sucks that you had to walk out, but I would've done the same thing. I also think you could be right that they know the difference just by looking at it; urine comes in all sorts of colors, but I don't think my urine has EVER been as bright as the synthetic!

Yakuza, I don't have enough posts to message you back (apparently you need 50 posts in forums before you can PM), so I'll just respond here (sorry):

It does sound like UPass is the other solid choice for synthetic urine if you have a upcoming UA (urine analysis). I was so freaking nervous about the whole thing, including picking out a brand. I'm not a scientist, but I think making a synthetic urine could be an easy thing to F up, so I didn't want to get some cheap, no-name brand.

So anyway, I'd recommend it for next time. I'm sorry you had to turn down that job!

Also, I'm a girl. :)

:cool: It's alright, I'll have my day again.... ohh a girl very cool.

I am on probation and have to take a test sometimes. I have notice because I live several hours away and they only make me test when I have court or something in that county. I have time to prepare for the test. The test is actually witnessed when I do take it. One fellow had a thing called a wizzinator and said that worked for him. I may get one. So far the need to smoke has not exceeded my need to stay out of jail so I have not been smoking. Just the other day the sun was out. I was laying in the park with my dog on the grass and wanted to puff. Today I went to the zoo and wanted to puff too. I think the need is reaching critical mass.

Back
Top Bottom