Need advice from some Old Timers

BigSwole90

Well, after months of unemployment I finally got a job again! :thumb::thumb: . I took the time to clean out and have no worries for a pre employment test. Funny thing is, there IS NO TEST come to find out. So I am pretty excited to say I will most likely get to smoke again soon! :cheer::cheer:. Now here is the big question before I enjoy those tokes, I read through the employee handbook and all it says is they do have a drug policy, but it basically states "Do not use, sell, or manufacture illegal narcotics in the workplace or will face punishment" Pretty typical. If there is no pre employment test, and no mention of randoms, would you say I am fine? Obviously I would never come into work looking like I just got out of Cheech and Chongs car. I hear from a lot of people that yes, a company can definitely drug test you at any time, but as long as I don't give suspicion, do they usually tell you they do random? Any feedback would be great!

It depends on what kind of a job you have. If its a blue collar job and you have an accident on the premises you will probably be ordered to take a drug test. Keep some synthetic urine handy just in case of emergencies. It lasts for a long time as long as you keep it out of the sunlight.

Nope, I work in the IT industry. Far from blue collar lol although I have done that for years before this. The only thing I am worried about is it IS a security job. Meaning sensitive information. But at my last one I never had one test either, so I think I should be ok.

You might have to if the company does any government contract work. Usually with a security clearance they'll give you the background check and a drug test.

It is a government contractor. However, believe it or not, a lot of them don't even test if they are a small company. Guess it costs too much on an already tight budget. I worked at a clearance job prior to this for 5 years and never once got tested. :bongrip:

I worked on government contracts for 4 years and was always drug tested but that was also because I was a truck driver. I would pickup a bottle of synthetic urine and keep it handy just in case you should ever get the call. Sometimes its just something as simple as you tripping over a cord and bonking your head and they might order a drug test.

You make a valid point sir. I will definitely not risk it until I scope out the place for awhile first and get some details on procedures. The one advantage that I do have though is that I will be working a late afternoon shift. By the time I get in, most labs will already be closed. So I will for sure buy a few bottles, try it out on a lab randomly, and then if I do ever get the call, I will know exactly what to do :tokin:

You make a valid point sir. I will definitely not risk it until I scope out the place for awhile first and get some details on procedures. The one advantage that I do have though is that I will be working a late afternoon shift. By the time I get in, most labs will already be closed. So I will for sure buy a few bottles, try it out on a lab randomly, and then if I do ever get the call, I will know exactly what to do :tokin:
There are also contractors that do drug testing on site so be careful they don't surprise everyone with one of those.

Another valid point. Before I even risk it, you can believe I will be scoping out my situation. Every job I've ever had, I always found a way to ask around about tests without being shady. The one thing I cant stress enough to people is to QUIT LOOKING LIKE A STONER. I know guys who go into work blazed out of their mind, or just dress sloppy and give off a bad vibe. I do understand that they can test at will, but if you come across as a great worker and seem professional, you have a lot less suspicion towards you. At my last clearance job, I actually had a few people come up and ask me "have you ever tried anything before?". Spy. I always tell them "Dude, I lift weights. I don't even enjoy drinking.(which is true). Why would anyone even do that stupid shit?". Good way to get people out of your radar. Some people are stupid.

Yep, a little work at blending in helps. Been doing it for 40 years, never been caught. Though my last employer knew I was smoking, probably took 10 tests for them as they tried to catch me. I never gave them a reasonable cause for an observed pee test so I always won. Really pissed the boss off. lol He was a hypocrite though, he smoked too.lol

So to my surprise, I went in for my first day expecting to get a paper saying to go pee in a cup for them. Turns out the guy training me likes to enjoy flowers himself. I think I will like it here :tokin:

So to my surprise, I went in for my first day expecting to get a paper saying to go pee in a cup for them. Turns out the guy training me likes to enjoy flowers himself. I think I will like it here :tokin:
Be careful, office politics. Anyone that knows your smoking has leverage against you so just use caution.

Back
Top Bottom