Possible Test on Friday - Info Needed

DevynAsylum

Hey,
I applied for SSI a few months ago and I have an exam coming up on Friday. My reminder sheet states: "Please note that in order for this exam to be done, you must be free of alcohol and illegal drugs." This vaguely leads me to believe that a drug test may be preformed. I can find no valid means of confirmation anywhere if they can or will preform a test. All opinions or hear say. Does anyone know if they will or not? What type of test it may be if they do?

What is SSI? If they are saying it in those words, then yes I would expect a test. I just got hired at a job that said "We maintain a drug free workplace", yet didn't have to take a test. I think some companies by law just have to have a policy stated. I would bring some substitution just incase, just my opinion.

SSI is similar to disability. So its government based and not employment. Its just that I can't find anywhere that really stated whether they do or not. I've seen a couple of claims that they haven't but what's a couple really with how many that actually apply? The rest are opinions that people should be tested which obviously isn't the valid answer I'm looking for. Its the government so I don't know what to expect for it or how well they will check.

I have SSDI, there is no such test. If someone is asking you take one they're screwing with you. The only thing SSI is interested in is anything that you're using as the reason to file for SSI. The physicals will be focused on your particular issue. A free tip: Play up the emotional angle, it has more of a bearing on the decision than most physical ailments. Just tell the doctor or whoever your dealing with that your disease is very frustrating and you really miss being able to do the things you used to be able to do. Never tell any government official, including government psychologists, who you will be sent to, how you really feel, never mention violence to yourself or others or you might find yourself living in a padded cell. Just play the game enough that they think you're so frustrated you can't stand to be around people. Hard to get a job if you can't stand being around people.

Back
Top Bottom