I am so nervous - Subbing situation - advice please!

ChiefChief

Had a UA the other day. Used my cousins urine ( we both are female). The man at the place checked the temperature, bagged it and everything to send it off. He did not check a temperature range or anything. Didn't say yes or no if it is in range. What should I expect after this? I'm freaking out!!!

Re: I am so nervous. Subbing situation.advice pleaseee!

I'm not sure how you can expect us to be able to answer your question given the extremely limited information...

Re: I am so nervous. Subbing situation.advice pleaseee!

I'm not sure how you can expect us to be able to answer your question given the extremely limited information...
Sorry. I had an interview the other day. I came prepared by subbing some urine, using a condom filled with urine. I tried to stuff it inside of me, but it couldn't fit. I had it in my underwear for about 2 hours.
At the job I had the interview with said they have to do a UA, and I said " okay". He told me to pee in the cup, when I finished open the door to show him the temp and then pour it in another container.
After peeing, I showed him the temperature on the cup. He said, " okay, now pour it in the other container". After that, he sealed it up in a shipping box. He gave me the copy of the drug testing paper. On the paper there is a place to mark the temperature range. Yes if it in range or no.
I'm freaking out because he didn't mark anything on the temperature range. Will the lab they ship it to request a new sample because he didn't mark anything

Should be fine. If it isn't the employer will notify you that you have to go take the test again. Just sub again and make sure the tech is doing his job. If he isn't jack him a little about it. Be sure and let them know you had to come back because someone screwed up.

Should be fine. If it isn't the employer will notify you that you have to go take the test again. Just sub again and make sure the tech is doing his job. If he isn't jack him a little about it. Be sure and let them know you had to come back because someone screwed up.
Thanks for replying. I'm hoping they will not ask for one. Do you think I'm overreacting or not? My friend said he would not have taken it if the temperature was off.

I think there are a couple of things going on in this land of ours. No less than four states and the DC area have now legalized recreational MJ. And many other states have legalized medical MJ. Not long ago, an interviewer at the FBI went on record saying they we're going to have to start hiring people who have smoked cannabis otherwise the pool of available candidates shrinks too small. He said that some of the most qualified candidates admitted that they smoked in the car on the way to the interview. Not that I hold out much hope, but I think employers are beginning to see that if they discriminate against cannabis users then they are the ones SOL because lots of talented people take a toke now and then.

I'm a middle-aged, professional who is tired of the dreaded UA test so here is my recent decision. I will tell any employer that I will be happy to pee in the cup for them but they need to know that I will fail due to the presence of cannabinoids. If after that they choose to not hire or fire me, then good bye and good luck. I will shake their hand and we will all remain friends but I will simply go on looking for a forward thinking firm, not stuck in the past. Unless they are going to start firing people who drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, etc.... A friend of mine was recently denied access to a job due to an arrest for MJ many years ago. Funny thing is the guy who denied him the job had been arrested only two years prior for beating his wife. So they will hire wife beaters but not dope smokers. Now you start to see the insanity I'm talking about?

Been playing the game for over 25 years have never lost yet. And thats all I consider it, a game.
I'm concerned that a lot of people in the recreational legal states are in for a rude awakening when they start getting fired for smoking on the weekends. The drug testing protocols are still junk science, which is why they're so easy to beat. Eventually that aspect is going to have to be addressed.

This is one of my BIG issues with the hypocrisy in public policy regarding cannabis.

[RANT MODE ENGAGED]

Here's the thing: Until the perceptions change (a.k.a when that last of the "Reefer Madness" generation have passed on) there are going to be people who simply will not accept that marijuana can or should be "mainstream" and treated exactly like alcohol. Tobacco isn't really a good comparison, but alcohol is. People who grew up as teens in the 50's were bombarded with all kinds of alarmist nonsense about how cannabis would turn you into a murderous psychopath and only lead to prison or death.

A lot of people fell for it. A little more than a decade later, Nixon opened a front on the misguided "war on drugs" and now we put people in prison for possessing a plant. A plant. :hmmmm:

I'm a well-educated, 50-something executive with a $50M company. I've been here 15 years and climbed the corporate ladder high enough that I report to the president of the company. I have used cannabis on a daily basis since long before I came to work here. The myth can cannabis users are lazy, stupid, Cheetos-Eating, unemployed slackers with no future is just that: A myth.

It's high time that cannabis use by anyone under the age of 18 be treated like the same way as tobacco use. When you turn 18 you can buy it and use it all you want. Until then it's off limits. I don't know why this is such a big deal or why there's so much hand wringing going on about this.

Newsflash: Society has not collapsed into some crazy TCH-fueled anarchist bong-orgy in Colorado or Washington or anywhere else where they've legalized it.

[END RANT MODE]

I can remember when doctors told us that smoking tobacco was healthy.lol
Cannabis will be an issue still for decades to come. There are zealots out there who will just never admit that cannabis is non toxic no matter how much evidence you give them.
For me its just a simple civil rights issue. People have the right to injest any product they want and the government has no constitutional authority to tell you not to.

Back
Top Bottom