50ng/ml vs 25 ng/ml

frankiefy

Isn't it true that all (or at least all) drug test have a cut off point of 50ng/ml? I thought that was the case but I was just in a headshop to pick up a test and they gave me the one I've used before but said "sorry.....we're out of the 25ng/ml home tests but we have the 50ng/ml". It never even occurred to me as I assumed it was always the 50 but now she as me questioning this.

Anyone heard of 25ng before? Or been tested based on that amount?

Edit to original post.............

Much to my surprise I just passed a home test......actually 2 just to be sure. I'm surprised because I last smoked 12 days ago (nearly a daily smoker but I don't smoke heavily when I do). I'm of very average build and in decent shape. Should I trust this? I thought 30 days was the rule of thumb but I know there are variables.

I also just found out I have a Quest DT in 4 days for pre employment. Does anyone have any idea what level they typically test for there?

Thanks!

A business can set whatever cutoff levels it wants for drug tests unless its an occupation regulated by the federal government then it has to be 50ng cut off level.
The strip tests are pretty reliable except for some false positive hits on substances other than cannabis. But also your thc metabolites will vary from day to day so just because you pass a strip test one day doesn't mean you're going to pass the next. Thats why always use dilution the morning of the test to make sure you pass.

Since my last post I've tested negative on 5 home tests using 3 different dip kits including the first void of the day the last 2 days.

That said, I think I'm still going to play it safe and do a morning dilution. I think I'm actually going to use Ready Clean which is really just a dilution with creatine monohydrate, B vitamins, etc. already in it. I have a couple of buddies who have used it with success and they were testing positive at home to begin with. I just wonder if there's any way for Quest labs to pick up on this and whether or not it's possible to "overdo" it and raise any red flags when I have multiple negative home tests (and I will certainly be testing myself that morning.....which is in 2 days).

Thanks for reading. I'm not freaking out nearly as much as I was a few days ago but this is for a very important job and I'm willing to take any precautionary steps.

By the way, once I take the DT I wouldn't have smoked for 16 days.

Many thanks for any additional input and to Weed420 for the initial reply. I will certainly be posting my results up here in hopes it can help anyone in this position.

Back
Top Bottom