My Experience With The Hair Follicle Test - Passed

princessfinn

Hello friends!!
So I've been searching these forums for a little over a month now trying to gather enough knowledge to successfully pass a hair follicle test for a job I really wanted. I promised to pass along the good vibes if I was successful in my hair follicle journey so I will tell you story and you can add my success story to your enormous pile of research. (I tested with Psychemedics)

Here's What I Bought:
-Apple Cider Vinegar (Heinz) and Cleaning Strength Vinegar (Comes in a windex type spray bottle)
-Neutrogena Clean and Clear Astringent (with 2.5% Salicylic acid)
-Tide Detergent (I bought the kind with febreeze in it)
-Neutrogena T-Sal Shampoo
-Flea and Tick Shampoo
-Baking Soda
-Plenty of Shower Caps
-Large plastic bowl (optional)
-New Brush (Don't use this until day of test)
-Clairol Born Blonde (two boxes but only used about 1 1/2
-Ion Color Brilliance Very Light Cool Blonde (This color was used to correct my bleached hair this is interchangeable with whatever hair color you have)

Some Background On Me:
I am 21 years old. Not very active but decent metabolism because I'm not overweight. I consider myself a moderate smoker. 1-3 times per day at least five times a week for about 7 months straight. (My boyfriend always purchased the green and he had the hookup so we typically smoked the good stuff). **I should also add that even though I smoked daily for almost a year I was sharing blunts with my boyfriend..we typically smoked two per day sometimes more and he rolled fat blunts. Also during this time we used edibles from Colorado on five occasions. So yes, my usage is not as heavy as others but I used enough that I was certain it would show up in my hair if precautions were not taken.

Some Background On My Hair:
My hair is dirty blonde mid-way down my back and extremely thick. I mean SUPER thick..like it looks similar to a lions mane in all its glory. From my research this convinced me that I would likely have a harder time getting rid of any metabolites in my hair due to the length and density.

A Little About My Timeline:
So I knew for almost a year that the job I wanted would have a hair follicle test. Initially I decided to just quit smoking all together for at least three months before even applying. I decided to quit smoking on October 31 and start my three month detox on that date. I tapered off my daily use in November, but couldn't quite kick the green stuff so I used off and on until mid January. My use completely ended on February 9th but by this time I was using on rare occasions (once weekly if that). I wanted to have three complete months clean but I'm impatient and applied for the job knowing full well I would have to shave my head for a hair test as punishment for my impatience. I applied on Feb 24 and received a job offer on March 9. After my initial interview went well I decided to begin preparing for the hair follicle test.

Here's What I Did:
From the first moment I thought I would receive a job offer I began my research. This is the most important step in my opinion. Its up to you to formulate the best possible plan for your usage and hair type! I knew from the length and thickness of my hair it would take a combination of methods to be safe. So my first step was to get a hair cut. (I ended up getting it cut twice before taking my hair follicle test) I cut off roughly two inches of hair and got it thinned out as much as possible to remove any extra work. After my first interview I performed two treatments and after I got the job offer I got a second hair cut and began my final treatments I did a total of 4 (if i remember correctly).

First Treatment:
-Pour Heinz vinegar into large plastic bowl and soak my hair in the bowl to saturate it. After soaking as much as possible I laid over the bathtub and poured the bowl over my head to ensure that both the top and bottom were soaked in vinegar (This stuff smells awful but if you want to pass you will get used to it). **I recommend asking someone you trust to help you with this stuff because I ended up with several burns on my face/ears/neck from haphazardly pouring this shit all over myself. Anyway.. I then used the cleaning strength vinegar as a backup method, occasionally spraying my head with vinegar to make sure I didn't miss anything. (Basically my hair was dripping vinegar after everything I added).
-Pull your hair back and strap on a shower cap and watch an episode of friends or something to pass the time.
-After 30 minutes has passed add the astringent to your hair. I simply squirted it onto my hands and rubbed it in as well as squirting it into my hair and rubbing it in
-Replace shower cap to your head and continue watching netflix or whatever
-After another 30 minutes of soaking get ready to shower!
-Hop in the shower and bring the tide, t-sal, flea and tick shampoo with you!
****t-sal shampoo can be replaced with swimmers shampoo or any clarifying shampoo based on my research either or should have the same effects***
-Pour yourself a capful of tide and scrub that shit in your hair. I used one capful every time I washed with tide adding it little by little to ensure I got everything
-Wash your hair with t-sal shampoo (it will get very sudsy)
-Was your hair with flea and tick shampoo (this is probably overkill by now lol
-CONDITION YOUR HAIR PLEASE
bam, thats the end of what I did for the first treatment!

Second Treatment:
Second treatment is exactly the same as the first treatment

**INTERLUDE**
Hopefully you are following with my timeline but I know that I ramble so I will do a recap. I got one hair cut after my first interview and did two treatments before my second interview. Initially I thought I would have about two to three weeks time from my second interview to perform many more treatments and hair cuts but after my second interview I found out that I only had TWO DAYS to get my hair follicle sample taken so I had to improvise super quick in an effort to pass I changed up my method a little after the first two times because I researched a lot more and found out the macujo method is scientifically backwards and the bleach re-dye method is more successful for people with long hair. SO lets continue on my journey bear with me peeps

Third Treatment:
I performed this treatment literally like an hour after finding out I had two days to take my hair test
**This is where the Baking Soda comes into play**
-Pour baking soda into large plastic bowl and add water (I don't have measurements for you sorry)
-Mix with hands until you form a good paste (I used a LOT because I have a lot of hair)
-Cover your hair in the Baking Soda paste and let it sit for about 20-30mins (Some recommend using a hair dryer to assist the baking soda in opening up your hair. I did not do this)
-After 30 mins has passed get ready to shower with Tide, T-sal, Flea and Tick Shampoo
-Repeat the same method as first two treatments (Wash with one capful of Tide, then wash with t-sal, then wash with flea and tick shampoo)
-CONDITION YOUR HAIR SERIOUSLY
-Pour Vinegar into bowl, soak your head liberally
-Repeat the vinegar/astringent rinse from first two treatments
-Rinse/Wash with Tide an additional time to give your head that extra squeaky feeling
-Blow dry your hair and prepare to bleach

A Note on Bleaching:
I definitely recommend getting someone you trust to help you with the bleaching, I would have missed many portions of my head if my boyfriend had not done the bleaching for me.
Additionally!! Be very careful with the bleach it is very STRONG and it will burn you! I got many chemical burns on neck, ears, face from the bleach. I used almost two boxes of Clairol Born Blonde in order to cover my head.

-After bleaching please please lord condition your hair. You will regret it if you don't. I used Dove Conditioner as well as a leave in conditioner from Great Clips in order to keep my hair from severe damage.

-After I bleached my hair I dried and styled it to see what it looked like and came to the conclusion that it looked atrocious. It was patchy in some places and I applied it to my roots to soon so it was obvious that I had bleached my hair like a crazy person. I decided to sleep and finish the re-dye the day of my hair test.

Final Treatment:(Day of Test)
**A Note on the Final Treatment** At this point I was very scared and desperate to pass so I combined every method I could think to "detox" my hair. Also, you should be using your new brush clean towels clean clothes etc on the day of the test to avoid possible contamination.
-Create Baking Soda Paste and cover your head with this, let sit for 20 mins or so
-Rinse and wash with Tide/T-sal/Flea and Tick Shampoo
-Blow dry and prepare to re-dye
-Dye your hair back to its original color (I used a darker blonde to try and get it back to my original color)
-Rinse and condition your hair
-Blow dry, style and go pass your test!

Some Additional Notes:
-Heat is known to aid in opening up the hair and ease in the detox process so use as hot water as you can stand when rinsing
-My research led me to believe the reverse macujo method would be more successful- research for yourself why doing the steps in reverse is more scientifically plausible
-My drug usage is not as heavy as some and I recognize I am at a slight advantage with lighter colored hair
-I firmly believe the bleaching does most of the work
-I bought a detox shampoo but DID NOT USE IT. I think they are basically a waste of money honestly
-Clarifying shampoo as well as Swimmers Shampoo are excellent choices when performing these methods- please don't waste your money on Nexus Aloe Rid or Zydot Ultra Clean.
-What I did was probably overkill but I don't like to take risks!
-My hair was minimally damaged from the entire process, a key is to condition!!!
-Create a good game plan for your treatment process so you can stay on track and be as successful as possible!!
-Don't freak out if you don't hear back from anyone- that likely means you passed. From what I read No News is Good News. I waited over 7 business days before I found out I cleared the drug screen
-I spent less than $100 in total to complete my detox process, I'm certain it can be done cheaper than I did it

Hopefully you guys have not fallen asleep by now and I wish you all good luck on your journey and thank you to all the previous users that have provided the info that helped me pass my test :) stay chill bros:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom