420 Girls - Linda Booker And Blair Johnson

420RedHead

There is a new documentary currently in production that has the potential to be one of the best made on the current potential of the Hemp Industry. Bringing It Home, tells the story of hemp, past, present and future and a global industry that includes textiles, building materials, food products, bio-plastics, auto parts and more. The film was inspired by a father's search to find the healthiest building materials that led him to the completion of the nation's first hemp house. Industrial hemp is a non psychoactive plant that makes thousands of sustainable products and offers solutions for global warming, nutrition, poverty and deforestation. But American farmers are banned from growing it, missing out on great economical growth. Bringing It Home will be the documentary that will have everyone asking, "why can't we grow it here?" I first learned about Industrial Hemp while working at Barnes & Noble. I was dusting the bookshelves, and came upon a copy of Jack Herer's "The Emperor Wears No Clothes". I knew next to nothing about hemp prior to opening the book. The more I read, the more I wanted to share the story with others. Industrial hemp seemed to offer so many solutions to many of our biggest challenges, from climate change, to reducing our reliance upon oil, synthetic products and chemicals, to deforestation and malnutrition. As I talked to people, few seemed to know about industrial hemp, or they confused it with marijuana. All the books and magazines were embracing the idea of going green, and yet no one was mentioning industrial hemp. I saw that hemp could play an integral role in creating a greener, healthier and more sustainable economy. I couldn't think of a more important story to tell. Hemp offered so many solutions. - Linda Booker & Blair Johnson

linda_booker_blair_johnson_hemp_week1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom