Aberration's Glass

Aberration

Today I had nearly all my glass clean at once, so I figured I better take some pics. Some came out good, others less so. WTF, here they are. :bong:

First, I said nearly because I know there is at least one bong not pictured. I have no idea where it is. It is also possible (but unlikely) that I have some other minor pieces somewhere I have forgotten about. Finally, one of these was cleaned, but used before I took the pics. So I stuck a nug in it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

First, here is the current state of my pipes:

20100807Aber-glass-01.jpg

I count 15. First up is the one with the bud in it. That's one of my "daily drivers". I use that one a lot. It's a red-white-blue scheme with transparent areas and was a 4th of July gift.

20100807Aber-glass-02.jpg

Next is a nice little sherlock by way of a loop. It is compact and durable so it's a great pocket piece.

20100807Aber-glass-03.jpg

This is a pretty little sherlock in black, white, and rasta stripes. Unfortunately it will not stand up on it's own.

20100807Aber-glass-04.jpg

Here's a view as if it were in your mouth:

20100807Aber-glass-05.jpg

I got this one in Sacramento. It's liquid filled. Though it looks like a spoon, the carb is on the end, and technically this is a double-walled steamroller. It does the job.

20100807Aber-glass-06.jpg

And it glows in the dark too!

20100807Aber-glass-07.jpg

I bought this Sherlock in Oakland. I really like it, but it had two little blob feet to hold it upright and one fell off. I need to see about getting that fixed if I can.

20100807Aber-glass-08.jpg

Here's a nice piece of blue and yellow inside out work in the shape of a corn cob pipe. I love inside out and this one is very detailed. Unfortunately it does not show much in the pic. Sorry.

20100807Aber-glass-09.jpg

The decoration on this is so-so, but as far as functionality goes, it's a great pipe and stands up. Very stable.

20100807Aber-glass-10.jpg

I seem to be developing a liking for long pipes. Of these three, we see a "Gandalf" in red, a nice blue sherlock, and a blue steamroller that resembles bamboo.

20100807Aber-glass-11.jpg

Both of the blue ones are nice, but the red "Gandalf" is my other daily driver. In fact, this gets used 80% of the time I smoke out of a pipe. It has a single blob on on side that acts like a kickstand.

20100807Aber-glass-12.jpg

I probably would not have chose these colors, but the subtlety of the colors is really cool. It works well and you can dribble a little water into the bottom and it works as a great ash catcher.

20100807Aber-glass-13.jpg

Here's a closer look:

20100807Aber-glass-14.jpg

That coppery tube all coiled up is actually a coiled steamroller. And the finish looks like copper until you look closer and see it's more of a purple-red.

20100807Aber-glass-15.jpg

This little sherlock, which was left-most in the group shot, has stripes that go from clear to color as you turn them. One set goes yellow and the other looks bluish. You can kind of see both here. Simple, practical, and quite eye-catching in person.

20100807Aber-glass-16.jpg

This is a nice piece of inside out that was twisted to form a color tornado. It is thick as hell and hella beautiful sherlock too.

20100807Aber-glass-17.jpg

This one is actually a glass chalice. Notice the angle in the exit hole of the mouthpiece.

20100807Aber-glass-18.jpg

I currently have these two bubblers.

20100807Aber-glass-19.jpg

Here's a structural closeup of the yellow one.

20100807Aber-glass-20.jpg

I love the (normally) horizontal diffuser in this one.

20100807Aber-glass-21.jpg

Finally, here are three of my four full-fledged bongs. The one on the left was originally an Air Gravitron glass gravity bong. The outer vessel broke so I replaced it, as well as the outer sleeve of the slider. It works great. The blue one in front center is a thick commercial bong with a slide pullout. I hardly use it these days. The big clear one on the right is a HAMM 18.5" custom bong with glass-on-glass bowl. I could not afford this bong - it was a gift. It would be a $400-500 piece in any shop here.

20100807Aber-glass-22.jpg

The HAMM hits like a freight train due to it's size. You also have to really pull a lung of air and then go back for the smoke so it's not for wimps. I take this and the Gravitron out when I want to get someone wasted.

20100807Aber-glass-23.jpg

Here is a shot of the 12 hole diffuser plate that goes across the chamber at the level off the middle stem buttress.

20100807Aber-glass-24.jpg

Finally, miscellany. Here are extra bowls, separated by size.

20100807Aber-glass-25.jpg

In the top left and center of this one are bowl stands, one of each size. At top right is an extra stem bowl. In the lower left is a charcoal filter. You put a glass screen inside, fill with activated carbon, and put bowl on top. It's supposed to filter the smoke. I leave it empty and use it to adapt the large ground glass bowls to a small format bubbler/bong (I no longer have a piece for the large ground glass bowls). At the bottom right is a glass joint.

20100807Aber-glass-26.jpg

That's all I can find at the moment.

:peace:

dam u have alot of pieces:bong: so wat did u do with all the res

I have no idea. It's in a very recognizable container, but that container is only about 12" high and 5" in diameter, and with all the shuffling around lately I just don't know where to look. It's nowhere obvious or easily uncovered - I looked. It might have accidentally been put in storage.

Very nice collection.

Thanks. Luckily I like pipes, which generally aren't as expensive as bubblers or bongs. That makes collecting much easier on the wallet.

Very sick collection my friend. My personal favorites are the glow in the dark piece, and that HAMM. Never seen one of those before. :Rasta:

Very nice clean collection ! I love bongs bought myself one for retirement (RooR) and would like to get a few more too bad they cost so much !! Must have taken you a lot of time and weed to put all this together !!!:peace: +rep Aberration !!

Very sick collection my friend. My personal favorites are the glow in the dark piece, and that HAMM. Never seen one of those before. :Rasta:

Thanks. The glow-in-the-dark piece actually has too small a bowl for my taste. You know how a bowl can be too small and too cone shaped so that the nug tends to just pop out and fall on the floor. That happens with this one from time to time. But it is uber-cool to smoke by the glow of the pipe, so I can overlook the bowl issue. ;)

Very nice clean collection ! I love bongs bought myself one for retirement (RooR) and would like to get a few more too bad they cost so much !! Must have taken you a lot of time and weed to put all this together !!!:peace: +rep Aberration !!

It's a few years worth of buying, yes. Thanks man. The only drawback is that I can't pass any of those pieces around a thread so everyone could give them a whirl. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I am courious about the "Glass Joint" is that a good smoking apparatus?

It's OK. You slide the two pieces apart until it is almost as long as it goes. Then you stuff ground bud in the larger end. Pack it in. Then put the thin end in your mouth and hit it like a one hitter. As the end burns, push in the small end. This will extrude the ash like stick deodorant and you can knock it off with a flick into an ashtray. It works, but the total 'airspace ' in there is too small for me. I like a piece that is a bit bigger.

You have some really nice glass! I really like your sherlock with the red stripes and white perl looking things. The glow in the dark one looks like it has liquid in it whats up with that?

The stripes are actually orange and that loop-de-loop pipe is nice as a pocket piece.

That is liquid in the glow in the dark one. The actual glowing part is a sediment in the non-glowing liquid. If I don't shake the pipe up only the bottom is glowing while the rest is clear. It takes about an hour to settle out like that after shaking it though. That whole pipe is double walled. Kinda cool.

---

I have a few (3? 4?) new pieces I should clean up and take pics of. One of these days.

Thanks for stopping in.

Great collection, love the glow in the dark one.

The HAMM hits like a freight train.... it's not for wimps. I take this and the Gravitron out when I want to get someone wasted.

20100807Aber-glass-23.jpg

Aberration my man, what a nice array of weaponry you posess my friend! I love what you said "I pull the HAMM out when I want to get someone wasted"
I am asking to come over for HAMM dinner? I am sure it will be nice, and we'll be 420% home cooked!
+Rep sweet glass:nicethread:

so i was just strolling by and happened to see your collection and i really like your black and white rasta piece. I was wondering if you happen to know where you got it? :joint:

Great collection, love the glow in the dark one.

Thank you. I apologize for not replying sooner. What can I say - I'm a toker. The glow in the dark piece is pretty popular around here. :roorrip:

Aberration my man, what a nice array of weaponry you posess my friend! I love what you said "I pull the HAMM out when I want to get someone wasted"
I am asking to come over for HAMM dinner? I am sure it will be nice, and we'll be 420% home cooked!
+Rep sweet glass:nicethread:

Thank you. I would like to apologize for not replying sooner to you as well. I guess I should pay more attention. Yeah, the Hamm has a lot of volume, so by the time you pull it through it'll knock you over. It's fun. :)

so i was just strolling by and happened to see your collection and i really like your black and white rasta piece. I was wondering if you happen to know where you got it? :joint:

Thank you. I bought it at Midtown Direct, which is a head shop in Eugene, Oregon on 11th St. It was made by a cool guy that works there named Etai. Midtown has the best glass in town, and being Eugene, that's saying something. They have a phenomenal selection. If you are in town, check it out.

---

I actually have a few new pieces since the OP. I need to get pics.

Back
Top Bottom