June Bug's Brownie recipe

t420jimmy

Hello June Bug here! Jimmy's other half, the baker of the household.:welcome:

I have made about 5 batches of weed brownies with the extra from our grows. I will give a step by step of the method I have used to great effect both for flavor and potency. I love to experiment when cooking so this has been a real pleasure to use a home grown product that I believe so strongly in. :cheer:

So lets get started.... First I start with well dried product, consisting mostly of cast off bud/popcorn buds and any leaves that have frost. I use a large casserole dish to hold the product. I hand crumble the product removing as many stems as I can. This is the most tedious portion of the project. I usualy watch my fav TV shows or a movie.

start_w_product.jpg

It usually takes me at least 2 hours and more if I am being really picky on the size of stem fragments I remove. I do not have a coffee grinder but have heard from other forums that there is not much difference between coffee ground product or hand crumbled. The most important part is to get the product as fine as possible. The more "fine" the mixture the better it is to ingest. I try to get my product very fine as I notice the fiber more than Jimmy. :slide:

Broken_product.jpg

weight_in.jpg

When the product is broken up I weigh it. I have used various weights during my experiments. The most challenging portion of this method is calculating the amount of moisture is needed to compensate for the dry product. It is similar to adding more flower to a a batch of cookies you have to even out the liquid dry ratio. My first batches of brownies I used too much oil and it changed the consistency of the final product.

add_Oil.jpg

There has to be enough oil to completly cover the product and a tad extra.

mix_oil.jpg

I have used different amounts of product to gauge how strong the brownies are and what application they can be used for ie. work or pleasure. The most potent brownies I have made I used approx 54 grams of crumbled product, one 2x2in piece was enough to guarantee a super heavy body high for the average adult :tokin: My last batch I used 38.9 grams and it was still very potent with body rushes but more functional. I used 1 cup of vegetable oil in the skillet, the recipe called for 2/3 cup to be added to the mix.

I cook the product on low heat for about 20 minutes stiring and constantly watching to make sure it dosent burn. Even at low heat the oil wants to scortch. When the mix turns a nice brown color it is ready to take it off the heat and set aside to cool.

oil_done.jpg

Now is the time to set up the brownie mix

Baking_start.jpg

Any box brownie will work. I look for any one with the most oil to add to the mix. The more chocolate in the mix helps mask the "extra fiber". I chose to also add orange peel to add more pizazz.

orange_peel_2_.jpg

I allow the oil mixture to cool for a few minutes then pour it into an empty mixing bowl then add the powder mix and fold the oil until the oil is mostly absorbed. Add remaining ingredients. It is important that the oil and powder is mixed first or the hot oil will evaporate the water or cook the eggs.

pre_oven1.jpg

Place in pan of choice and bake until tooth pick comes out clean 20-45 minutes. I bake my at about 300 degrees hard to tell exactly with my old oven. The temperature would be aprox 25 degrees cooler than for chocolate chip cookies.

pre_fudge1.jpg

This particular recipe also has a fudge top so the final product looks like...

Finish_product.jpg

I have used this recipe to great effect. It is a great mellowing high that erases anxiety and muscle pain that I deal with day to day. The extra fiber is also a very natural and comfortable way to stay regular :yahoo:

Hope this is as helpful to you as it was fun to do!

Happy Baking :thanks:

June Bug

Back
Top Bottom