Welcome To Our New Sponsor GeoPot

Katelyn Baker

Please join us in welcoming our new sponsor GeoPot to our mission of spreading Cannabis awareness to the world.

420 Magazine began life 23 years ago in an endeavor to end prohibition by creating a forum where appreciation and awareness of the Cannabis plant could flourish. We are not only the oldest Cannabis community website, we are also, thanks to our large and sophisticated membership, recognized as the gold standard for knowledge sharing. To continue offering this free service we rely on like-minded sponsors such as GeoPot, to whom we are truly grateful. Please support our Mission by supporting them. Our sponsors make 420 Magazine possible.

About GeoPot
"True To Our Roots" is what GeoPot is all about. They use their own products and listen to feedback to constantly improve and provide the very best products on the market. They have seen the huge benefits of air root pruning and aeration in their own gardens and want their customers to experience the same advantages using the highest quality and most convenient plant containers possible.

The primary advantage of the GeoPot is its air pruning capability, which results in healthier roots being able to provide more nutrients to the plant. With traditional plastic pots, the plant's roots will reach the edge of the container and be forced to circle the container in search of a friendlier environment. As these roots circle, minimal lateral branching will occur resulting in poor nutrient uptake and cause the roots to quickly become root bound. What makes the GeoPot unique is that when the plant roots reach the container's edge its root tips are trapped by the porous fabric and when these root tips meet the air on the outside of the pot, they are naturally pruned. This pruning process forces lateral branching of desired fibrous feeder roots. These fibrous roots are more productive in the uptake of water and nutrients, resulting in a healthier, more robust plant that utilizes the entire root zone for optimum plant growth.

GeoPot's porous fabric allows air to enter the root zone from all surfaces of the container. This aeration provides a healthy environment for the roots as well as supports beneficial microorganisms and bacteria. This aeration provides oxygen to the roots, which is essential for the metabolic process in taking up minerals and nutrients. Oxygen is also necessary to diffuse carbon dioxide away from the roots caused by the respiration of root cells and microorganisms. Roots without adequate access to oxygen will result in weak plants that exhibit slow growth and are predisposed to pests and diseases.

A common problem with traditional plastic containers is poor drainage leading to anaerobic condition that result in soil borne diseases like Phytophthora and Pythium, responsible for devastating root rot. Because of GeoPot's unique porous fabric, excess water can easily drain from the container keeping moisture at an ideal level for healthy plant growth.

GeoPots allow air to penetrate the sides of the container, keeping it cool when exposed to direct sun on hot summer days through the process of evaporative cooling. According to a study done by Catherine A. Neal at the University of New Hampshire, Dept. of Plant Biology: "In comparison to standard black plastic nursery pots, above ground fabric containers reduce maximum root zone temperatures through evaporative cooling and reduced absorption of solar radiation. Plants grown in fabric containers also have improved root structure as a result of air root pruning."

When used indoors, not only do you have the unique combination of air root pruning and aeration of the root zone, but GeoPot is the ideal container for some of the most popular hydroponic systems (Ebb-n-flow; Drip circulating; Bucket system; Deep water culture) because nutrients can easily pass in and out of the porous fabric. The fabric can be used as a filter during the flow cycle, only allowing the nutrients back to the reservoir.

This gives the grower the option to use peat, coco and many other medium without clogging lines or pumps. The square bottom of the GeoPot allows for better spacing between plants. GeoPots can be washed and reused for many cycles. GeoPot PVC framed tray liners fit perfectly inside 4'x4' and 4'x8' hydroponics trays, allowing the grower to convert the tray into one raised bed garden where the roots can share the entire area of the tray. GeoPot tray liners have an option for growers to build a plant support trellis from the liner's PVC frame.

On GeoPot's comprehensive website, you'll also find items for canopy management, drying racks, grow tents, trim bins, micron screens and nutrients, all to support your grow, as well as Hoodies and T-shirts.

Contact

Telephone: 800-681-1757

Email: Via Website

Thank you GeoPot for your support in our mission. We are truly grateful!

420 Magazine®
Creating Cannabis Awareness Since 1993

Please Visit our Sponsors
Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting
420 Photo Gallery Tutorial - How to Post Photos
Follow us on Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook

UGHH!! I just placed an order with another vendor and I would have bought my 7 gallon pots from you as a new 420 sponsor, Oh well, I'll check out your other products to see what I need my wife to get me for Christmas. Yippee and welcome.

I was contemplating a 64 pot set up on a table drain to waste. What size Geopot 'G-Lite' do you recommend for a 60 day rotation?

Here's an example. These were all transplanted at the same time. The difference in the health of the plants is evident. I made the mistake of giving the plants in the plastic pots the same amount of water. That was way too much. They're still recovering here a couple of days later.

420-magazine-mobile1702000833.jpg

I will not grow without Geopots now, and I just ordered 20 x 3 gallon Geopots for a multi-strain grow.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom