Magical Butter Product Review

MagicalButter.com Product Review

Summary: 9.5 out of a possible 10

Works as advertised. This lovely appliance is to herbal butter what the rice cooker is to Sushi: indispensable.

Total time spent, including opening box, washing unit, reading directions and making butter: 42 minutes.

Ease of Use: Couldn't be easier. Zero mistakes on the first try.

Overall Value: Worth every penny. The fact that there is no clean up to speak of makes this product a bargain! The only negative, and it's not a big deal, is the noise. It is a blender, afterall....and it sounds like one for a short period of time during the 2 hour cycle.

The Story:

I was asked to review this product in late December. I'll admit, I was skeptical, but remained open minded and determined to give this thing a try! The box sat by my bed until 8:30 AM, January 1st,2013.

On that day, I awoke a little thick-headed with a slight headache. Sluggish is a better description than hangover for the way I felt. What better time to do a product review? I reasoned with myself that if I could make this thing work in my current state of mind, anyone could do it.

So, I opened the box and discovered an obviously well made appliance. This is not in any way a cheap piece of junk. It's designed very well, the parts are made of quality materials and fit together snugly. It just has the feel of quality. I was impressed, to say the least.

Picture_004169.jpg

Instructions:

The directions were very easy to read. The operation of this device is all microprocessor controlled, leaving very little room for operator error.....perfect for an early morning hungover---I mean sluggish---product review.

I'll summarize the instructions:

Put 2-5 cups of butter and 3-5 grams of your favorite herb into the machine. Press the "butter" button and the machine will do the rest. 2 hours later your butter is done and you can then add water and soap and press the "clean" button and the unit will clean up after itself.

Picture_009113.jpg

Seriously,there's not much more to the direction than that. Ease of use is a10/10.

It also makes oil, milk shakes and there is a "Mushroom" button which I did not try.

Well, the directions said their favorite herb was Basil. So I woke up my wife and asked her if we had 5 grams of basil. She seemed irritated and went back to sleep.

So, not having the basil, I decided to use 1 ounce of resinous material I removed from my favorite plant using dry ice and a 220 micron screen.
Picture_006144.jpg

Here's What Happened:

Into the main body of the machine I put 5 cubes of butter and 28 grams of aromatic, resinous plant material. I then put the top of the machine on, plugged it in, and pressed the "butter" button. This process took nearly 3 minutes....and I was done handling the raw material at this point.

Picture_005156.jpg

Immediately,a bunch of LED lights went off, the machine made some noise and started blending the butter, heating it up, stirring it......all by itself. It was loud, like a muted blender during the blend cycle, which came on at intervals. As the program progressed through the butter making process, the blend cycles were spaced further apart and most of the time the appliance was silent.

Noise level during blend cycle: minus ½ point. This is the only negative and it's really not a big deal at all. I'm grasping at straws here....and remember, I've got a headache! It's New Year's Day morning!

2 hours later, I had nice, gorgeous butter.

Picture_007126.jpg

There was no smell, no smoke, and no mess! Did you hear that? No smell....

Cleanup took no time at all. Add water and soap, press the button, rinse and done.

Picture_008116.jpg

Why this Appliance is a MUST HAVE:

Herbal infused butter is both delicious and healthy. It's also difficult to make and tends to create a smell that permeates the house, apartment, etc. Making butter the old fashioned way requires a crock pot or double boiler, a thermometer and about 2 hours of constant attendance and stirring.

If you cook it too hot, the herbs and their subtle qualities break down. If you don't cook it enough, the herbs do not have the correct potency.

Well, with Magical Butter you don't have to worry about anything. You don't even have to grind up the herbs, as the MagicalButter even does that for you. This thing is too easy. No mistakes....perfect everytime. You can make butter in under 5 minutes...press a button and literally leave the house and do something else!

Your herbal butter will come out the same way, time after time. That means more accurate recipes and better flavor.

There was nothing to clean up, no counter space lost, no mistakes made.....and perfect butter on the first try.

What a pleasure it was to read simple directions, press a button and have perfect herbal butter 2 hours later!

I look forward to making oil in the next few days and I'm sure it will just as easy! This little appliance is a true gem for those of us who enjoy herbal infused butter.

It is even better for people who use herbal oils for medical reasons, as Magical Butter is so simple to use even a person with serious disabilities could operate it successfully on the first try. If you can use a blender or microwave, you can use this machine.

Again, to re-summarize: this little gem delivers exactly what it advertises! That's a rare quality for any company, especially in the genre of devices this appliance falls under. I love this machine and will give out 2 of them as gifts in the next couple months.

Fantastic!

MagicalButter.com | Make Herbal Butters and Oils

Great Review Doc. It made me want to run out and buy one as soon as I was finished reading, then I saw the price and decided I needed to save up! But non the less it looks like a great little product and if you gave it 9 out 10 then I know its the real deal. Thanks

I feel the need to chime in on my experience with Magical Butter. After reading the review here I looked into it. My friends and I cook a lot and this seemed like a great time saver. However, I noted that the price had shot up $25 to $175 from it's original price. I literally missed the price hike by a matter of hours. So I contacted their customer service and got a response within a day. Someone going by Garyn informed me that he was out of country and selling me one at the original price would be no problem so long as I posted some of my "creations to our facebook page"--I enthusiastically agreed. He copied another fellow going by James to the e-mail with instructions to help me out w/ the transaction. I responded expressing my anticipation and excitement...nothing. Waited a couple days...nothing. Sent a third e-mail...nothing. Had my life not been so chaotic the last few months I may have made more of an effort to find out what's with these folks, but being the customer, I shouldn't have to and did not.

I'm a free market guy, so I can respect someone telling me they would rather get more money from another customer or that they simply weren't interested. Instead these people chose to ignore me--a weak and childish response in my opinion.

I can say nothing about the product because they wouldn't sell me one. I can say from my personal experience that their business ethics and customer service is shit at best.

@Gadfly
This is Garyn from MagicalButter. First I would like to say thank you for originally reaching out to us. I love that you were interested in our product. Second I would like to apologize that your experience with my company was sub-par. I passed your message along and assumed you were handled. I apologize that the ball got dropped. MagicalButter's top priorities are customer service, giving back to the community and quality products. That being said we are only 6 months old and while we have done a good job. We have also made mistakes. I am very active on a daily basis on several message boards, to ensure customer interaction and satisfaction. Please check out our facebook.com/MagicalButter and I think you will learn a lot about who we are and how much we care about our customers. Let me know how I can contact you. Please give me the opportunity to change your mind about the company I have poured my heart and soul into. Once again please accept my apology and let's turn a negative experience into an insanely positive one :)

I emailed your customer support link. I'm still too much of a noob here to get PM privileges. If I don't hear from you I must warn you that I'm only 44 comments away from writing you the lecture of a life time. :lot-o-toke:

Here's to looking forward!

You'll forget all about your experience once you get a Magical Butter device. I'm posting another review today or tomorrow. You're gonna love this thing.

thats a great review and, hey a wonderful great gift to give... I think this is something i will be saving up for.. looking forward to getting one ill be saving.... that review should be on there website,, made my mind up that i deffently want one now

I emailed your customer support link. I'm still too much of a noob here to get PM privileges. If I don't hear from you I must warn you that I'm only 44 comments away from writing you the lecture of a life time. :lot-o-toke:

Here's to looking forward!

I replied to your email last night. No need for threats or lectures I am a loving creature who avoids conflicts at all costs. I would always rather make a friend than an enemy. Cheers to a great safe weekend :)

feedback1.png

There comes a time in life when one is forced to eat their words--this is one of those times.

Although my frustration was genuine and my experience true, it would be a crime for me to say that MagicalButter has shit customer service--couldn't be farther from the truth. In fact, once they realized that I had a negative experience w/ my order they wasted no time in contacting me and righting what once went wrong. They offered me a generous discount on the machine and a FREE t-shirt for my trouble! Garyn called me personally, and after one conversation w/ him I could tell that this is a guy that is not only proud of the product, but he and his team seem to really care about people. I hung up feeling like one of their companies main goals is to simply make others happy.

A lesson for me in all this is to not let one negative experience dictate my feelings and emotions about an entire entity. Sure some things went wrong w/ my original order. These things happen everywhere in life. I certainly feel good now and can't hardly wait to get some cooking done. I feel as eager as a teenager on prom night.

In fact I feel so good about my current situation I only wish that I could delete my negative review because I can see how wrong I was. *cough cough*

As for the threats of any lecture, that's just my dry humor; it doesn't always convert well through text.

I'd like to finish up by letting everyone know when someone like Garyn of MagicalButter says "let's turn a negative experience into an insanely positive one," you can trust they mean every word.

Thanks to everyone for helping me on this,
Mike

There comes a time in life when one is forced to eat their words--this is one of those times.

Although my frustration was genuine and my experience true, it would be a crime for me to say that MagicalButter has shit customer service--couldn't be farther from the truth. In fact, once they realized that I had a negative experience w/ my order they wasted no time in contacting me and righting what once went wrong. They offered me a generous discount on the machine and a FREE t-shirt for my trouble! Garyn called me personally, and after one conversation w/ him I could tell that this is a guy that is not only proud of the product, but he and his team seem to really care about people. I hung up feeling like one of their companies main goals is to simply make others happy.

A lesson for me in all this is to not let one negative experience dictate my feelings and emotions about an entire entity. Sure some things went wrong w/ my original order. These things happen everywhere in life. I certainly feel good now and can't hardly wait to get some cooking done. I feel as eager as a teenager on prom night.

In fact I feel so good about my current situation I only wish that I could delete my negative review because I can see how wrong I was. *cough cough*

As for the threats of any lecture, that's just my dry humor; it doesn't always convert well through text.

I'd like to finish up by letting everyone know when someone like Garyn of MagicalButter says "let's turn a negative experience into an insanely positive one," you can trust they mean every word.

Thanks to everyone for helping me on this,
Mike

You're gonna love how this thing works. No, I don't work for the company. I'm an end-user, same as you.

I made some nice butter before work yesterday. You can't screw up unless you really make a point of it. The thing works exactly as advertised.

You're gonna love how this thing works. No, I don't work for the company. I'm an end-user, same as you.

I made some nice butter before work yesterday. You can't screw up unless you really make a point of it. The thing works exactly as advertised.

Hahaha! :laugh:

The thought of not having to spend so much time standing in front of the stove alone--I'm very excited! I'll definitely let you folks know how everything works out once I give it a couple runs.

Hahaha! :laugh:

The thought of not having to spend so much time standing in front of the stove alone--I'm very excited! I'll definitely let you folks know how everything works out once I give it a couple runs.

Look for a little write up from me in a couple days in the product review section. I'm gonna discuss some insane cookies made with 2 oz. kief per 2.5 cups of butter.

You need to be careful with these things, but man, do they work!

I am making my first 190 proof tincture in the Magical Butter machine. I just got it a couple of weeks ago and final got up the courage to try it. It makes a loud blending sound every so often and I am not sure if this is normal. It starts with a bit of a strained motor sound and then goes into blender mode for a few seconds and stops for 5-10 minutes. This doesn't seem right to me, but if it is, having it confirmed would make me feel more comfortable. Thank you.

I am making my first 190 proof tincture in the Magical Butter machine. I just got it a couple of weeks ago and final got up the courage to try it. It makes a loud blending sound every so often and I am not sure if this is normal. It starts with a bit of a strained motor sound and then goes into blender mode for a few seconds and stops for 5-10 minutes. This doesn't seem right to me, but if it is, having it confirmed would make me feel more comfortable. Thank you.
That is totally normal operation for this machine.

I thought these things looked pretty cool. I am becoming more interested. Usually I just much it...after decarb of course...and I feel I am better off for the fiber. But baked goods definitely have a place. And should probably have a bigger place if you know what I mean.

I used my Magical Butter maker for the first (it's a second hand gift). I added three sticks of salted Irish butter to two ounces of (trichome-covered) palm leaves.

The kit didn't come with a manual, so I turned to youtube. The directions I found were... lacking. Right now, I'm running the cleaning process for the third time (soap-rinse-soap) and it's finally getting clean. I also cleaned the top with a soapy sponge.

How do you clean the purify filter? I'm thinking of letting it soak in soapy water over night.

Any tips, suggestions, thought and prayers will be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom