Magic Butter Machine Makes Tincture

Hey Folks

I used the Magic Butter maker for making tincture. I started with 4 cups vodka and and added fresh frozen (not dried) sweet leaf and popcorn buds (sorry I did not measure) till it came close to the max line then topped off with another 1/2 cup or so vodka. Because I was new at it I did three cooks to check it during the recommended 4 hour cook time. The first for an hour, next two then one to finish all at the lowest temp as recommended.

It was nice and quiet in a Sunday morning. I started it up set it and admired the really cool lights (I could actually use them 360 but they are a 180 on the front, I can see the back from another room) The machine quietly heated then it lit off the motor and blade DANG! WAH WAH WAH WAH! The dog jumped up and started barking at it, two other folks from other rooms came to see what was going on!! WOW it is loud... but... I thought the leaf would just be stirred, oh no this thing eventually pulverizes the leaf to green mush (missed that picture sorry). This created a mean green juice like tincture with little loss of liquid. The picture here is after it was strained!

I have not fully tested the result, I will post here when I do.

getting ready
DSC_2731_before.jpg

The mean green result :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC_2733_done.jpg

Thank you Magic Butter Maker Folks :thumb:

Ok

I am going to try a new method for making tincture with the Magic Butter Maker. I felt the product that was made adding leaf and letting the butter maker stir it made the tincture too "green" for me. The beauty of alcohol is without much agitation will dissolve the oils, the hard part is cooking at the right temp. So... I am soaking sweet leaf and popcorn bud in 100P vodka now. It has been a couple days. I plan to strain it and add more trim at least once more maybe twice. After the last strain I will then cook it in the Magic Butter Maker!! It will eliminate having to regulate the temperature and make it nice and easy to monitor as it reduces and cooks :cheesygrinsmiley: This should result in the sweet tasting tincture I have become used to. If...IF I pay attention I will know the correct time to cook to get it the way I like it. I do plan on testing along the way for flavor and "burn" You need some alcohol left to suspend the oil but I do not like enough to burn my tongue if I take it sublingualy.

I hope this helps someone

I posted this in my journal and snipped it to follow up here. The first part is the result of my method vs Magic Butter method. Then I was asked how I did it and finally how it is to be used

the result

Tincture

A dramatic difference...

The way they suggest to make tincture

DSC_2733_done.jpg

The way I make it :cheesygrinsmiley: the flavor is night and day...

DSC_3014_tincture.jpg

The way I did it ...

It is easy

1/4 LB "sweet leaf" (well frosted leaf cut from top buds) and popcorn buds... or more

1 "large" 2 liter? bottle of 100 proof cheap as you can find Vodka or better.

Put half the trim in a jar with the vodka for a couple of days stirring it up every day twice a day... I kept it in the freezer till I ran out of room, I kept the last batch in the fridge.

Strain... I do it with a white cotton t shirt, (don't tell the ganja widow or I am in deep kimchi)

Twisting and squeezing, I wish I had a press.

Back in the jar with the rest of the trim... same drill. (repeat as many times as you wish)

Couple days later strain again

I then put the liquid in the Magic Butter Maker and cook at 160f for 2 hours to start. The tincture shown is after only 2 hours. I may run longer to reduce the alcohol or not.

It is easy

And finally this is my response to what dosage should be used

Do you want to feel better or meet your ancestors? :cheesygrinsmiley: jesting

I am not a Dr. so suggesting a dosage for anyone else is not something I would do but I will tell you how I use it.

First off... different plants offer totally different medicine. One medicine can have multiple uses.

I use tincture for primarily pain but I also use it for stress as well. I wanted to use it to stop smoking and get it so that a sublingual dose of say 4-5 drops would substitute a smoke. The problem with that is it has a different effect than smoking or eating so it did not work out for me...yet.

For stress I take approx 15 drops (2 x 1/2 an eye dropper) sublingualy and I smoke. It adds a "layer" that can not be reached by smoking alone no matter how much you smoke.

For pain (8 + or I call it two cane pain, when I am very hurt) I will take 2-3 shots. Depending on the time of day I may take that straight, add honey, have it in coffee or in glass of red wine. Wine takes tincture to a higher level quickly... with my plants prepare for sleepy sleep.

The use of tincture does not stop there... there are all sorts of uses even topical.

Consult with your physician.

Back
Top Bottom