Magic Butter Review for Bhang!

I've had this machine for a few months now and it's time for my review.

1. It works! I'm using this to treat mom with Alzheimer's and she can't smoke so food stuffs are the way to go. But how to do it when you only want small batches, and don't want your end product to taste like doggy doo doo or go bad before you've used it up.

It's taken months for me to figure out the best method for me so far but much of that is due to procrastination. No fault of the folks at Magic Butter.

My first undertaking at making bhang was a huge success in terms of results but the taste was horrible and getting her to drink it was tough. But when she did the results were exactly what we wanted.

I also gave some to a friend whose husband can't smoke. Their comments were: "We were insanely high, almost hallucinogenic. It lasted over 12 hours, we couldn't stop talking, and we had the best sex we've had in years!"

Hmmm, we might be on to something here. But I need to back off on the strength. (less bud/trim/material)

As of 2 days ago I think I have a very doable recipe for mom. One that's very palatable too.

1. 2oz of trim that has some small bud. The weaker stuff in other words. I boil this covered in water once for 10-15 mins in plain water. Then drain through a colander. I then boil more water and pour it through the material in the colander. This is to rid the material of some of the chlorophyll and bad taste. It helps I think but the folks at Magic Butter say it's not really needed.

2. Squeeze out all the water and you have kinda gooey material. Into the MB machine and cover to the max fill line with WHOLE MILK. We need the fat in the milk for the thc to attach too. MB suggests adding some lecithin granules, about 8 tbls per quart as even more will attach. This is important and he say's I definitely lost some potency.

3. Add some sweetener. I added a couple ounces of 100% maple syrup.

4. Turn on the MB machine at 220f for 2 hrs.

5. Strain, and add about 3oz to your favorite 16 oz drink. I'm making high protein fruit smoothies and she loves the drink.

*** It comes on very slow so be patient! You may want to plan your first ventures when you have no plans for the entire day/night.

About the unit:
The filter I got sucks. It's a mesh filter but with a solid bottom it makes it very hard to filter liquid through the material.

That being said they have a newer filter now and a totally new filter design coming out.

For those having problems filtering I went to the local grocery store and bought a new mesh filter basket that totally drains through the bottom and sides. I then placed this filter in my coffee maker filter basket and poured the material through. THIS WORKED GREAT! I know have nice light green liquid.

I spoke with Magic Butter today and let them know I was posting a review. Folks will be excited with this new filtering system for sure. It's a couple months out as of now.

The unit works exactly as advertised. It's easy to clean using it's own clean cycle too. I'll likely be making a batch every week now.

The folks at MB highly suggested I also move up to a coconut oil mix and suggested gummy bears too. I'll be getting recipes from them for this and post the results when I try them. I do have the coconut oil already and lecithin and will be making a batch of that too.

on a scale of 1-10, 10 being best, I would rate this a 7-7.5 with minus 2 stars for the basket/filter I got. But having overcome that and knowing the new setup will be coming out soon, it's a solid 9 product for sure. I only give 10's if it comes with a topless 25 yr old hot babe making it for me.

Here's a MB recipe for a fruit smoothie: Hangover Cure Smoothie | MagicalButter.com

MB's website: home | MagicalButter.com

I've had this machine for a few months now and it's time for my review.

1. It works! I'm using this to treat mom with Alzheimer's and she can't smoke so food stuffs are the way to go. But how to do it when you only want small batches, and don't want your end product to taste like doggy doo doo or go bad before you've used it up.

It's taken months for me to figure out the best method for me so far but much of that is due to procrastination. No fault of the folks at Magic Butter.

My first undertaking at making bhang was a huge success in terms of results but the taste was horrible and getting her to drink it was tough. But when she did the results were exactly what we wanted.

I also gave some to a friend whose husband can't smoke. Their comments were: "We were insanely high, almost hallucinogenic. It lasted over 12 hours, we couldn't stop talking, and we had the best sex we've had in years!"

Hmmm, we might be on to something here. But I need to back off on the strength. (less bud/trim/material)

As of 2 days ago I think I have a very doable recipe for mom. One that's very palatable too.

1. 2oz of trim that has some small bud. The weaker stuff in other words. I boil this covered in water once for 10-15 mins in plain water. Then drain through a colander. I then boil more water and pour it through the material in the colander. This is to rid the material of some of the chlorophyll and bad taste. It helps I think but the folks at Magic Butter say it's not really needed.

2. Squeeze out all the water and you have kinda gooey material. Into the MB machine and cover to the max fill line with WHOLE MILK. We need the fat in the milk for the thc to attach too. MB suggests adding some lecithin granules, about 8 tbls per quart as even more will attach. This is important and he say's I definitely lost some potency.

3. Add some sweetener. I added a couple ounces of 100% maple syrup.

4. Turn on the MB machine at 220f for 2 hrs.

5. Strain, and add about 3oz to your favorite 16 oz drink. I'm making high protein fruit smoothies and she loves the drink.

*** It comes on very slow so be patient! You may want to plan your first ventures when you have no plans for the entire day/night.

About the unit:
The filter I got sucks. It's a mesh filter but with a solid bottom it makes it very hard to filter liquid through the material.

That being said they have a newer filter now and a totally new filter design coming out.

For those having problems filtering I went to the local grocery store and bought a new mesh filter basket that totally drains through the bottom and sides. I then placed this filter in my coffee maker filter basket and poured the material through. THIS WORKED GREAT! I know have nice light green liquid.

I spoke with Magic Butter today and let them know I was posting a review. Folks will be excited with this new filtering system for sure. It's a couple months out as of now.

The unit works exactly as advertised. It's easy to clean using it's own clean cycle too. I'll likely be making a batch every week now.

The folks at MB highly suggested I also move up to a coconut oil mix and suggested gummy bears too. I'll be getting recipes from them for this and post the results when I try them. I do have the coconut oil already and lecithin and will be making a batch of that too.

on a scale of 1-10, 10 being best, I would rate this a 7-7.5 with minus 2 stars for the basket/filter I got. But having overcome that and knowing the new setup will be coming out soon, it's a solid 9 product for sure. I only give 10's if it comes with a topless 25 yr old hot babe making it for me.

Here's a MB recipe for a fruit smoothie: Hangover Cure Smoothie | MagicalButter.com

MB's website: home | MagicalButter.com

Thanks for sharing I am waiting for my MB machine to come through in fact its being shipped today and I love Bhang used it lots in India but in a milkshake
they use black pepper an spice in theres:circle-of-love:

this seems to be an old post, but anyway, you've got me interested!, think I'll maybe buy one, have a couple of friends who won't smoke but they're ok with eating it so this comes in handy, thanks! :thumb:
ps. the smoothie link is broken :(

this seems to be an old post, but anyway, you've got me interested!, think I'll maybe buy one, have a couple of friends who won't smoke but they're ok with eating it so this comes in handy, thanks! :thumb:
ps. the smoothie link is broken :(

i've had mine a week. it is absolutely incredible. worth every damn penny. i'm getting ready to make my second batch. the first batch i used 70g of trim to make 5 cups of butter. the results were beyond expectations. i can eat the equivilent of 1g of trim and i am completely zonked. any more than that is just too much and i'm a pretty heavy smoker. friends cant get enough of them

and it is mentionable that i did not decarboxlyate the suggested way by magical butter. i ground the trim up, and evenly spread it across a cookie pan. i then soaked the trim in 150 proof everclear with a spray bottle i got at the dollar store. i cooked this at 245 F for around 45-55 minutes, suggested was 60 but the suggested by mb2 was 30 so i chose the middle ground. IMPORTANT: DO NOT EXCEED 250 F OR YOU RISK THE ALCOHOL CATCHING FIRE AND RUINING YOUR PRODUCT. PERSONAL EXPERIENCE! every 5-10 minutes i stirred the trim and reapplied the trim with more everclear. this is supposed to help break down the celluose and somehow make it easier for it to be converted into THC instead of THCa (THCa does not have an inhibitory effect and for us, it completely useless). i found this in an article that top recipes were tested in a lab here: Ultimate Cannabutter Experiment: Results | High Times i used the winner's decarb technique and then followed the regular mb2 butter recipe. hope this helps

This is an old thread, but I want to add my two cents. I do not own the machine (yet). However, bhang is the bomb! I have been experimenting with traditional recipes for a couple of years. The easiest way to spice it up is to simmer it with a chai tea bag. Good Earth Sweet Chai Of Mine is my favorite because it has a blend that requires no extra sweetening and one teabag is strong enough for a whole batch. It also adds the maple flavor. I think I will toddler off now and count my pennies to buy Magic Butter!

The machine is great if any of you havnt gotten it. Its a bit expensive for what it is. But it is certainly fool proof.

Sent from my LG-H820 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Just thought I would add:

I contacted Magical Butter to ask about an affiliate link for my blog, and when I explained my situation, they sent me a MB machine for *free* to try (since I still made my bhang & butter the old-fashioned way on the stovetop). I am still amazed how it came about, but I did receive a machine at no charge about a week later in the mail. I am a veteran pain sufferer with fibromyalgia / myofascia issues, diabetes and starting botanical treatments for underlying chronic Lyme disease. I have been living at "half-life" or less for over twenty-five years, and am trying new treatments this year that I hope will raise my quality of life.

I have not used the machine yet, had to wait for proper ingredient assembly for the machine recipes, but will be working with it this weekend. However, I wanted to give the people at Magical Butter a huge round of public applause for making my medical protocols a little easier. What an awesome company!

:thanks: :circle-of-love: :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom