Awesome New Grinder

keifman

Has anyone else checked out these grinders? I have a plastic grinder and 2 inch metal grinder, the plastic was not good and 2 inch was too small for me. I like buying sh*t on Amazon because of the reliability of Amazon and this one was free shipping for me because I have prime. I found this one from a San Francisco company Golden Gate Grinders .. must be a promotion because it's only $26.

Verdict .. awesome grinder .. here are some photos of grind of Durban Poison ... I was amazed by the keif it collected from one grind.

Herb Grinder, Extra Large 2.5 Inch, 4 Pieces with Pollen Catcher and Free Scraper for Herbs, Precise CNC Tooling From Highest Aircraft Grade Aluminum, 28 Sharp Grinder Teeth
81yOIYO_jXL_SL1500_.jpg

golden-gate-grinder-3.jpg

golden-gate-grinder-4.jpg

golden-gate-grinder-5.jpg

golden-gate-grinder-6.jpg

Thanks for kind words.

I do use mj for recreational purposes, but to be honest it really is medicine for me. I use it for pain, insomnia and anxiety/depression.

I use different strains (I have many and grow most myself per CA law) to achieve different results, landrace or almost pure Indicas for couchlock/sleep, landrace Sativas (Durban Poison, Malawi Gold) for uplifting cerebral results and hybrids in between for relaxation or daily functioning as well as high CBD strains. I DON"T mix strains or the kief that collects at the bottom of the grinder so I have a LOT of grinders, I will post more pics in the next few days of my grinder collection :)

There are a ton of grinders out there, some are too small, some have too many teeth or too few, some are too light and cheaply made, some the magnets are weak and the lid falls off, some are noisy when you grind, some have squarish teeth and not diamond shape and sharp etc. etc. so NOT all grinders are equal, like most things in life. I'm not going to get all negative and mention the brands I don't like but I have tried pretty much most of what's our there in the $20 - $40 range.

Perhaps $70 - $150 grinders are better, not sure how, but for the price and quality this Golden Gate Grinder is awesome and the one I like the most and I'll be buying at least three more to keep my different strains of medicine separate.

P.S. I'm just about to make my tincture from pure hash, just picked up my Everclear from Bevmo. Last batch lasted me from mid 2012, until now, I only need 10ml taken daily .. that's a third of a dropper, half to a whole dropper will put you down and more maybe the emergency room ... tinctures I used to buy at the dispensaries I'd need five to seven whole droppers to feel anything :) and sometimes never felt anything photos coming in separate post ...

I've got one of these battery powered grinders that you hold in your hand and simply press the button to grind. Interestingly enough, the design is the same for the little portable fan I carry in my bag for use on public transport when things get a bit warm. One plastic design has a fan at the end and the other has a grinder with a screw on bowl to hold the contents to grind. It looks rather cheap, maybe because it is, but honestly, it's the greatest little grinder ever! So So easy. These are also great stocking stuffers! Never too early to think about it! Seriously, I really love it because it's so quick, easy and effective.

Nice grinder! Less teeth in the grinder I use for a pipe. The finer teeth one's I use for rolling/oilers. Plastic ones collect too much resins, stick to the sides where the two halfs connect and does not work as efficient not to mention cleaning (only way I do plastic is with a toothbrush). Quality aluminum ones that have excellent milling IMO is much more efficient and easily cleaned with 91% alcohol. Cleaning them on a regular basis keep the units working efficiently and keep the teeth much sharper. Nice post OP!

Plastic ones collect too much resins, stick to the sides where the two halfs connect and does not work as efficient not to mention cleaning (only way I do plastic is with a toothbrush). Quality aluminum ones that have excellent milling IMO is much more efficient and easily cleaned with 91% alcohol. Cleaning them on a regular basis keep the units working efficiently and keep the teeth much sharper. Nice post OP!

Motoco, why don't you use isopropyl alchohol on plastic? It comes in a plastic bottle after all.

Hi buysser,

I just checked the one I have as a spare that's still in the box. Mullamatic is printed on the box. That's pretty much it. Made in China. I got it online at another site. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention the site or not but you could try to google Mullamatic I suppose. Anyway, good luck finding one that suits you. If you're like me, you'll acquire quite a collection of all sorts but so far this one is my preferred grinder. And if I recall, it's cheap as chips!

LOL, the same I use to clean all my paraphernalia with also. Soak an smoke :Namaste:

LOL! OK, just wanted to make sure I wasn't making some terrible mistake cleaning my paraphernalia with isopropyl alcohol. :thumb:

I am new here yes, and I know this is a older posting, but I am going to toss this in about grinders, if you bought one of the above for over $10.00 buck you paid to much, I found Braun Coffee grinders, for less, @ Goodwill thrift stores, They work fast braking down Fat sticky buds, to use them load the amount you want broke up and grind it up in short bursts open the lid check the grind, to see if it is to your taste, and then turn the grinder upside down and hit the on switch again to clear the blades and pull the lid down and pour the contains into your tray, ready for rolling or bong hits. I fined used coffee grinders for under $5.00 in thrift stores all the time. and there easy to clean too.

Back
Top Bottom