Magical Butter Order Nightmare With CBSA

2liveINpain

Hi there, I don't know how long this will be here since I know this company is a sponsor of your site. Nevertheless this is a real story of what I'm currently dealing with.

We searched and researched many things about The Magical Butter Machine. We found many good reviews and I even know someone firsthand with a machine. I'm leary of ordering these things from random folks on EBay and such so I went right to the source so I wouldn't encounter problems. Boy was I wrong!

First up the order placed and paid for we are in Canada and the company ships from Florida. I knew I would be paying exchange rate of 30 points (yuck) but tat's what it is. I even figured I will have to pay some duty since after all was said and done it was close to 300 bucks.

They ship it out immediately and we track it until it arrives in Canada last weekend. Waiting on Windsor CBSA to do what they got to do and then I'm waiting for it to now update and say it's on it's way, right? Well, here we are Friday 5 more business days later and my machine is still stuck in Windsor.

We place a call to UPS and ask what is the hold up. We are told it got taken into 2nd inspection and they CBSA don't believe me what I paid for it so I say I'll email you my invoice that should clear it up right? Now they phone back and say there is a huge discrepancy between what I have as an invoice and what they put on their paperwork? They put $20 on their end. LOL So, now I'm getting grilled by CBSA and UPS saying I'm lying and trying to get something in the country, blah blah blah.

I said I don't know what the deal is I bought this here is the bill I don't know why they put $20 but whatever. They tell me to contact the Butter idiots and ask them what is going on so I do and I have the transcript, funny stuff.

They say "we do this for every package to try and help people to not have to pay duty". I say why the hell don't you put that anywhere on your site so honest people like me can then walk away from your company because I don't want or need this bs I'm getting I'd just as well would pay the duty and get what I bought, simple right?

So, now CBSA has likely opened my machine up, we have all watched the border security shows they rip that shit apart if they think something is weird. What a pain in the ass, weekend here and no machine to play with. I'm so unexcited about getting this now I'm contemplating just sending it back.

I should've started this from the first research looking it up and then you might better understand the level of disappointment I now have. I will update as this goes on.

I can provide proof of all this in case anyone thinks I'm just trying to bash a sponsor. Respect to this community. Hopefully they get their shit together and work with their customers in an up font and honest way. I don't feel that is the case for me.

First off RESPECT to the forum I'm new here I don't want a fight with anyone, site members or sponsors.

Like I mentioned in my intro post I did come here to find out about this product and the results in turn allowed me to make the decision to buy it. Then I looked around the different online options including the MB site where I found a warning about buying from non authorized resellers. I thought by buying from the actual maker I would get the benefits in case there was ever an issue with the product.

Simply put I wanted the product, I was willing to pay for it including any taxes or duties. I didn't know companies like this one has issues with customs and they try and say it's lower so you don't have to pay as much duty. That kinda thing needs to be explained I never agreed to this at all. If anyone would've said to me hey man it might cost 90 more bucks from your side or we can try this, I would've thanked them for the choice but decline the risk and pay, simple. Now I got all kinds of phone calls from all kinds of places nobody wants calls from when I thought I was doing it the right way?

Last update was it cleared customs and it's on it's way again. At this point in my life I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible, my pain is something I hate, and bs is unacceptable.

Listen, from everything I've read this machine is amazing, I really hope it is I need the relief. I'm not the free t shirt kind of guy throw 20 bucks to your local animal shelter. I will be letting you all know how this things goes, so tune in. peace

that's a bummer :(
had the same issue with german customs several times but they never made a fuss about it. all i had to do was showing them the bill with the the amount i had actually paid for my orders and then, despite what the vendors put onto the label, gift, demonstration item, 1$ or 10$ everything was ok and i could leave with my parcel after paying the fees.
i think they never estimated that customs would blame you for this and make such a fuss and believe they will make it up somehow. :)

I got the shipment yesterday afternoon. The Butter folks sent my wife a $50 credit. I'll take that money and donate it to a local animal shelter as I didn't post this to get money off or back from them.

I'd like to spend some time with this new machine and give some feedback on it. But first I need to make some butter and chase the pain away.....

Back
Top Bottom