Smoke City Board Game Official Discussion

SmokeCity

logo_6.png

Hello Smoke Citizens! This is the Smoke City Board Game's official discussion thread. We'll keep you up to date on the game's progress here, and there are lots of things for the community to influence.

Smoke City is an action-packed competitive board game for 2-4 players.

Our Indiegogo campaign for pre-orders opens on 4 / 20 / 2016! The games will be shipped in October-November. All of the graphics, production and fulfillment lines are ready.

We will use a part of the profits in the work for global legalization. If the crowdfunding campaign is successful with the minimum amount ($20.000), we will give 10% of the profits towards ending the prohibition. If the crowdfunding campaign is very successful and we get $50.000, we're giving 20% of the profits for legalization! If we're WILDLY successful, the percentage goes even higher!

This percentage will be locked at the end of the campaign and will concern all the future profits of the game as well!

Idea of the game:
Players run around city completing quests, smoking weed as much as they can, all the while trying to hinder their opponents' game with all sorts of bad mojo and avoiding paranoia cards. Despite the game's theme, the game is pretty fast paced cutthroat action, where situations may change suddenly and players need to adapt quickly. If you have played Magic the Gathering or other competitive card games, you might see a surprising amount of similarities in Smoke City.

There isn't much backstabbing in the game as previously advertised... We realized backstabbing needs cooperative elements and treachery, and there aren't many in the game. What the game actually contains is FRONT stabbing, and a lot of it! :hmmmm: :biglaugh:

We just finished our picture contest for the green deck, and there were many winners! There were some absolutely beautiful entries, go check the contest out!

My close friend Aleksi is our 420magazine community guy, so most of your questions and comments will be addressed by him. If you want to contact me personally, you can e-mail me at: hello@smokecity.net

This is very much an indie title with grassroots beginnings, and very hard to get publicity without a big advertising budget! Any help you can give us will be deeply appreciated!

:circle-of-love: :thanks:

Kind regards,
main designer of the game Heikki

front24.jpg

Just dropping by and saying hi!

Hello people! :ciao: My name is Aleksi, and I will be your host through our journey from start to finish (if there ever is one?).
I am at your disposal if you have any questions regarding the game or our project so far, so please don't hesitate to ask! I like to keep these things simple and short, so without further ado, I bid you welcome and hope you enjoy your trip with us as much as we have so far! ;)

-Aleksi

Only three (3) more days before the green santa arrives!

Three more days, are we ready? Oh yes, yes we are! :cheer:
Here's a little taste of the newest green card layout we are about to deliver.
I personally think it looks pretty damn super awesome! What do you, our beloved Smoke Citizens, think of it?

purple_kush16.jpg

-Aleksi

The heat is on!!

Hello my dearest friends and fellow smoke citizens! :love: ;)
It's not ONLY because we want to legalize cannabis, nor it is for the cold fact that we're pushing out a really good and well polished board game, it's both and many more reasons, that drive us, but this is also a possibility for people to unite, to get some rock solid and highly polished worth of their money, to get the feeling that they have really done something... to own a piece of a cannabis legalization history!

It has become the time to launch out our Indiegogo campaign, and with shades on and a laid back attitude I highly recommend you to tell your friends, enemies, dealers, close ones and long distance relatives (and just everybody, really) about our campaign. We are aiming to get the campaign goals banging loooong before the campaign ends, and I personally think it's going to happen! I'd like to salute you to the yacht sailing into the greener, more care-free future for those who just need the weed, to those who just enjoy it and... for everybody, really, just like this board game! I'd also like to take this moment to speak ab... holy shit, the cops! BUY THE GAME!
...Oh, and HAPPY 20/4 EVERYBODY:party:

-Aleksi

Ok people, we're off to a good start! We got $1,986 USD (8% of our goal) just in two days, with 17 backers!:tommy: Let's keep some noice over this :thanks::high-five:

-Aleksi

Back
Top Bottom