Timber DIY Cree CXB3590 Kits Available Now

TimberGrowLights

Hello 420Magazine Members,

Timber is pleased to announce the introduction of our Cree CXB3590 DIY Grow Light Kits!

DIY_KIT_No_Reflectors_61319_1463081371_1280_1280.jpg

These kits are designed around the Cree CXB3590 COB LED - considered by many LED growers to be the best - and are a passively cooled design - no fans required.

We pre-wire everything for you - eliminating the need for assembly - and ensuring safety and ease of operation.

These (4) COB kits come pre-mounted on Cooliance 100mm black anodized pin cushion extruded aluminum heat sinks. Each heat sink is rated for passive use of up to 73 watts of power at 25°c ambient temperature.

We also offer a kit that comes pre-wired to a Meanwell HLG185H-C1400B power supply. This kit comes pre-wired with waterproof IP67 connectors for ease of mounting and also has a fused 250V 10A power cord and potentiometer capable of dimming from 10-100%.

Simply mount to the frame of your choice (mounting hardware included), plug it in, and start to grow!

Pricing starts at $349 - and flat rate shipping of $25 within the 48 lower states applies to all kits purchased.

Get these while they last - supplies are limited and at these low prices they will go quick!

Have a great day ~ and as always, we would love to hear from you!

Dan
Timber Grow Lights

You guys over there must have read my mind, we were considering building our own light last weekend! Very nice!

Thank you - appreciate the feedback!

We have updated our website - Flat Rate Shipping of $25 is for all 50 states. For shipping outside of the United States, please email us at sales@timbergrowlights.com and we would be happy to give you a custom shipping quote.

Hello 420Magazine Members,

In keeping with the spirit of bringing the products that people are requesting to market we are expanding our popular DIY Kit product line to include a 250W version!

5_COB_DIY_KIT_No_Reflectors_99430_1463436517_392_523.jpg

This kit is designed with the exact same components as our other kits - with an extra chip and the option of a Meanwell power supply. Generating 250 Watts, this kit is perfect for a 2x4' space - or custom configure the kit to suit your growing area!

These kits are in stock and ship fast - if you have any questions, or need any assistance prior to ordering, please let us know!

Have an awesome day!

Dan
Timber Grow Lights

Happy Sunday 420 Magazine...

Wanted to announce we are now offering FREE SHIPPING (in the US) for all DIY LED Grow light kits.

Our new kits offer side mounting and top mounting heatsinks to fit any DIY frame. Pre-wired - and safe to operate with waterproff electrical junctions and a 250V 10A fused power inlet.

Just mount it to your frame, plug it in and start growing! Kits also include dimmers for the ultimate in lighting control.

Have questions - we are happy to provide answers.

The best grow light technology for the money....hands down.

I have a question. Both your 4 COB and 5 COB kits seem to use the same Meanwell power supply and each list that they are 50 watts per COB, is this correct? I was unaware that the 185 ran 5 @ 50 watts, I thought you had to step up to the 240 to do that.

I have a question. Both your 4 COB and 5 COB kits seem to use the same Meanwell power supply and each list that they are 50 watts per COB, is this correct? I was unaware that the 185 ran 5 @ 50 watts, I thought you had to step up to the 240 to do that.

Hi @JuanCarlos,

Thank you very much for pointing that out - you are entirely correct. We will update the photo asap, and really appreciate you letting us know.

The (5) COB design is intended to run at 50W each as well, and includes a HLG-240H-C1400B in place of the 185.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Also please note, we are updating the pictures for the heat sinks as well, that will include side mount as well as top mount screws for easy attachment to L-angle aluminum style and other frames.

Have a great day.

Regards,
Dan

Timber Grow Lights

FREE SHIPPING ON ALL DIY GROW LIGHT KITS

Hello 420Magazine,

New products are launching all the time at Timber Grow Lights.......this week we are proud to offer the latest in our pre-wired DIY kits....

300W DIY (6) COB CXB3590 KIT with Meanwell HLG-320H-C1400B power supply. They are $599 with FREE SHIPPING anywhere in the US.

Just like all of our other DIY kits they include the following:

FREE SHIPPING

Dimming capability from 100-10%

Fused power Inlet for safe operation

Pre-wired - just mount to your frame and plug it in!

Cree CXB3590 LEDs - your choice of color temperature (3500k or 4000k)

Meanwell HLG Series power supplies

Cooliance Pin Cushion Heatsinks pre-drilled with mounting hardware to attach directly to your frame

As always, thank you for your support, and if you have any questions about our kits, or COB LEDs in general, I am happy to assist.

Have a great day.

Best Regards,
Dan

This is a top quality kit at almost the same price as piecing it together. I am excited to see people use your lights. I am interested to see how different people are mounting the heatsinks together and making panels.

This is a top quality kit at almost the same price as piecing it together. I am excited to see people use your lights. I am interested to see how different people are mounting the heatsinks together and making panels.

Thank you JuanCarlos - and I agree - we have been getting feedback from customers on frame mounting ideas and some are very clever and innovative.

We designed the kit to give the user maximum versatility in their installation - basically, the sky is the limit when you start introducing swivel mechanisms, side lighting and other ideas.

That said, the simple aluminum L-channel frame is cheap and does the trick very well. Simple materials from home depot, a saw and screwdriver and a $20 bill is about all that is required.

I appreciate your post and thank you for the kind feedback.

Have a great day.

Regards,
Dan

Will the 50W COBs passively cool as they are mounted in an 85* environment or are fans needed? Thinking of mounting on the 4 corners of a 4x4 to supplement a bigger LED. Great idea! Thanks for sharing....

Hello Spitz,

Thank you for your post. Yes, all of our kits are designed to be passively cooled and make great supplemental lighting as well as main lighting for any environment and are available in sizes that cover most of the common coverage areas.

The heatsinks we use are designed to passively cool the CXB3590 COBs very well. We drive them at 50W each - the heatsinks we used are rated for passive cooling at a range of 73W (25 degrees C or 77 degrees F ambient temp) to 61W (35 degrees C or 95 degrees C). We utilize a larger heat sink to dissipate more than the rated use in order to ensure robust cooling which leads to higher efficiency, increased lifespan and more lumen output of the LED array.

These heatsinks are made by Cooliance - the black anodized extruded one piece aluminum pin cushion design also aids in increasing heat dissipation. These heat sinks were designed specifically for use with the larger COBs such as the Cree CXB3590.

Hope this helps - if there are any additional questions about our kits, I'd be happy to assist.

Thank you for your support!

Regards,

Dan
Timber Grow Lights

Hello 420Magazine members,

Wanted to give you more updates on our DIY LED Grow Light Kits. We have added a 300W kit which consists of (6) CXB3590 COBs driven at 50 watts each. This is available in 3500k and 4000k color temps as well.

Also, we have made changes to our kits and the images on our website have been updated. You will notice that all of the new pics reflect the placement of the heat sink mounting holes (4) located at the edge of each heat sink for easy mounting to most any size aluminum L-channel or 80/20 frame. Drilled and tapped with cap bolt hardware for mounting.

Based on user feedback, we have also started introducing color coded wiring between the individual COBs so that those with complicated frame designs won't have problems hooking things up. Also takes the guess work out of things in the event a wire comes loose during installation.

At $2/ watt for top quality components in an infinitely configurable format, user feedback is very good on these. 50 watts of 3500k CXB3590 per square foot has continuously produced very good results as documented by many growers.

Plus always free shipping within the US.

Any questions - shoot us a PM or email us at sales@timbergrowlights.com

Have a great evening/day,

Dan

Im seriously considering upgrading my current LED to one of your kits. Im in a 2' X 2 1/2' X 7' tall gorilla tent. I am a scrog grower but may try the tree style in the future.

I want to make sure I have more than enough light. I was looking at your 250 watt 5 cob kit and comparing it to the 300 watt 4 cob kit. They are priced the same on your website so can you please explain why the 4 light version is rated at higher wattage compared to the 5 cob version? Im not sure which one or a different one would fit my size of tent and my grow type.

I understand you are confident that the kits need no fans which is fine as long as my tent exhaust fan and circ fan in the bottom are good enough I will defer to your expertise.

Last question. I see no mention of warranty. I know LEDs are good for many hours and the power supply is a good unit but sometimes there are components that fail after a short time in the field. Shit happens that no one can predict. I know this from years of experience working as an industrial electrician. So what happens in case of a LED or power supply failure?

Im seriously considering upgrading my current LED to one of your kits. Im in a 2' X 2 1/2' X 7' tall gorilla tent. I am a scrog grower but may try the tree style in the future.

I want to make sure I have more than enough light. I was looking at your 250 watt 5 cob kit and comparing it to the 300 watt 4 cob kit. They are priced the same on your website so can you please explain why the 4 light version is rated at higher wattage compared to the 5 cob version? Im not sure which one or a different one would fit my size of tent and my grow type.

I understand you are confident that the kits need no fans which is fine as long as my tent exhaust fan and circ fan in the bottom are good enough I will defer to your expertise.

Last question. I see no mention of warranty. I know LEDs are good for many hours and the power supply is a good unit but sometimes there are components that fail after a short time in the field. Shit happens that no one can predict. I know this from years of experience working as an industrial electrician. So what happens in case of a LED or power supply failure?

I got you! They 4 lights are run at 75 watts per light using a different power supply versus the 5 light kit that is run at 50 watts per light. This is simply a function of the power supply used and the number of lights used.

The heatsinks shed heat from the lights so that they don't overheat and get damaged. As long as you have a proper ventilation and exhaust for a tent of that size, you will be fine, the lights don't require anything above what a similar wattage light of any other style would.

I am not sure of their warranty, but Meanwell drivers are considered top of the line, as are the CXB 3590s they use. Plus the great thing about this kit is that it is modular, so if something does break you can just replace that particular component, a big plus in my opinion. But good question on the warranty.

I got you! They 4 lights are run at 75 watts per light using a different power supply versus the 5 light kit that is run at 50 watts per light. This is simply a function of the power supply used and the number of lights used.

The heatsinks shed heat from the lights so that they don't overheat and get damaged. As long as you have a proper ventilation and exhaust for a tent of that size, you will be fine, the lights don't require anything above what a similar wattage light of any other style would.

I am not sure of their warranty, but Meanwell drivers are considered top of the line, as are the CXB 3590s they use. Plus the great thing about this kit is that it is modular, so if something does break you can just replace that particular component, a big plus in my opinion. But good question on the warranty.
Thanks for the info but I'm waiting to hear what they have to say.

Thanks for the info but I'm waiting to hear what they have to say.

Hello @jasper19,

Thank you for your post and your very good questions.

And also a big thank you to JuanCarlos - you are spot on with all of your answers.

As mentioned, the kits that run at 75 watts per COB (225W (3) COB and 300W (4) COB) use a 2.1 amp version of the Meanwell HLG power supply. The light kits that run at 50 watts per light run on a 1.4 amp version of the same power supply. As Juan Carlos pointed out, it is a function of the power supply used and the number of lights used. Basically P=IV where P is power, I is amperage and V is voltage (these CXB chips run at 36 volts).

The heat sinks are specialized pin cushion style Cooliance heat sinks designed to passively cool in excess of the intended use. We use larger than necessary heat sinks to ensure proper cooling of the LED to ensure efficient output and increased lifespan. There is no additional cooling required as with HPS. These operate with no additional cooling needs. If you have an oscillating fan that blows across the heat sinks pins, you can easily drop your ambient temp of the fixture by 10 degrees farenheit. The design is award winning and they exclusively use only single piece extruded anodized aluminum for maximum efficiency.

I apologize that our warranty was not addressed more clearly - I have since updated those sections of our website. Timber offers a 3 year warranty on all kits - that said, Meanwell warranties their power supplies for 7 years, so if anything should happen during that time period we can obviously assist with replacement units and components. The Cree CXB 3590 LEDs have a rated L70 lifespan of 50,000 hours. That also far exceeds our 3 year warranty.

We have chosen top grade components, and assembled them safely and professionally so that you should have few warranty concerns, if any. If you were to experience any failure during the (3) year warranty period simply contact us and we will take care of you.

If you, or others, have additional questions, please feel free to let me know/post a reply.

Have a good evening.

Regards,
Dan

Will the 50W COBs passively cool as they are mounted in an 85* environment or are fans needed? Thinking of mounting on the 4 corners of a 4x4 to supplement a bigger LED. Great idea! Thanks for sharing....

This is an excellent use of these kits! :thumb:

A lamp or panel powerful enough to light an entire 4x4 is usually too bright in the middle and too dim at the edges. Instead, you can use a 400-600 watt lamp in the middle with four COBs in the corners. You get as much light as you need, and it's spread out for all the plants to use!

The 4-COB kits are an ideal upgrade for almost every tent. :slide:

Hello @jasper19,

Thank you for your post and your very good questions.

And also a big thank you to JuanCarlos - you are spot on with all of your answers.

As mentioned, the kits that run at 75 watts per COB (225W (3) COB and 300W (4) COB) use a 2.1 amp version of the Meanwell HLG power supply. The light kits that run at 50 watts per light run on a 1.4 amp version of the same power supply. As Juan Carlos pointed out, it is a function of the power supply used and the number of lights used. Basically P=IV where P is power, I is amperage and V is voltage (these CXB chips run at 36 volts).

The heat sinks are specialized pin cushion style Cooliance heat sinks designed to passively cool in excess of the intended use. We use larger than necessary heat sinks to ensure proper cooling of the LED to ensure efficient output and increased lifespan. There is no additional cooling required as with HPS. These operate with no additional cooling needs. If you have an oscillating fan that blows across the heat sinks pins, you can easily drop your ambient temp of the fixture by 10 degrees farenheit. The design is award winning and they exclusively use only single piece extruded anodized aluminum for maximum efficiency.

I apologize that our warranty was not addressed more clearly - I have since updated those sections of our website. Timber offers a 3 year warranty on all kits - that said, Meanwell warranties their power supplies for 7 years, so if anything should happen during that time period we can obviously assist with replacement units and components. The Cree CXB 3590 LEDs have a rated L70 lifespan of 50,000 hours. That also far exceeds our 3 year warranty.

We have chosen top grade components, and assembled them safely and professionally so that you should have few warranty concerns, if any. If you were to experience any failure during the (3) year warranty period simply contact us and we will take care of you.

If you, or others, have additional questions, please feel free to let me know/post a reply.

Have a good evening.

Regards,
Dan

Thanks very much. I can see I'm probably in for a 300 W kit in the near future. I have a brand new par meter at home that ups delivered and I'm going to go home and get some readings from my current led. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm disappointed by what I find. I have about another month of veg and I think I'd like to maybe upgrade in time for flower.

Back
Top Bottom