Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First grow - SSH, WW, HG and Lowryder x AK47

Re: First grow - SSH, WW, HG and Lowryder x AK47

just measured pH of water/nutes. didnt measure run off. should have added dolomite lime to potting mix, but getting experience for the next grow.
    I also got MJ Horticulture Bible by Cervantes 2 days ago. great book!

Not worried about slight deficiency but better be safe than sorry. all i am missing now is HPS bulb ( will go for Philips Son T Pia max bloom in like a week ) and soil pH meter is coming soon.
    and wow i didnt expect things to grow so fast. I think in 10 days they will be ready for flowering. id say the smell will be so good i will bring down a couch and will just sleep there.

Some prefer to measure runoff as the most accurate reading of what the roots encounter. Go for very fine dolomite flour if you can, otherwise it acts too slowly to benefit our timeframe. A little cal/mag won't hurt just to be sure it's covered.

The Bible is a great book, got a copy of it handy.

Yeah the smell kind of draws one in. Spend too much time in there then hit the mall for some chuckles but don't be carrying at the time, lol.

3 weeks under the light

Here they are after 3 full weeks under 600 MH light. Its 2 feet away.

first sign of pre-flowering.

and my Raspberry bush and tomato behind for good measure. Probably will bring pests to the room.

They looked worse when i found out i was watering with pH of 5.8, once i increased it to 6.2 and then to 6.5 things are turning around.

Cervantes book says don't put them to flower unless you see the signs of pre-flowering. I am confused here, as how are they meant to show preflower if they are on 24/0 light/dark or unless auto flowering strain?
    can I switch to 12/12 when they are 1-1.5 to not go over 3-4' in height.
    obviously still a donkey at growing, so thanks in advance for answers.

Don't worry about pre-flowers mr. b. Many strains will show preflowers, some won't. You can go to your flower cycle any time after preflowers show but you can also just continue to veg under 24/0 until their size suits your purpose.
    If you want to help induce preflowering to sex your plants in reluctant strains you can reduce lighting to 20/4 down to 16/8 in theory without triggering actual flowering.

They're growing like crazy mr. b. good stuff.

thx for helping me out Mmmmick. I was actually thinking about reducing light to 20/4 then 18/6, however wouldnt it stress them too much so they turn hermies? or the whole idea of hermaphrodites is overrated....?

you're welcome mr. b.
    Shouldn't be any reason not to shorten their day to help set them up for flowering. If that causes them to hermie then the breeder should get them off the market, it's a normal occurence you're just doing it a little more rapidly than mother nature.

I've been lucky enough to have never seen a hermi in person. I guess some stains are prone.

I will update the pics today.
    How do I induce flowering? Do I give them any dark period before switching to 12/12? They are vegging on 20/4.

I'll keep an eye out for your pics.

There are lots of theories on how to enter 12/12 light schedule. I give them a day in the dark first but I have no particular reason for doing that. I'm not sure if it speeds the process or has no impact but it's only a day so I've stuck to the practise.

after doing lots of research online I didnt find any evidence that 24-36 hours stresses plants. So I will go for 24 hours darkness then 12/12. Thanks again, always help me.
    Pics will be up in 3 hours

end of 1 month vegging.

hi, got way too baked last night to post any pics, so here they are finally.
    Just put them into 24 hour dark period before switching to flowering. hope things are going well for others.

Hi mr.b. your plants are all looking very healthy, they seem to love those bags.

All going smoothly, great stuff.

looking good.

hi, the FE.
    news are the hydroponics site I ordered my HPS Philips Green Power light from has sent me 400w instead of 600w. So I am awaiting for the replacement.
    I also got another 400w HPS system and thinking of running 600w MH along with them.
    So all in all will have 600w hps + 400w hps + 600w mh = 1600w should produce some good buds. Should be just enough for bout 30sq feet.
    happy growing every1

You're gonna have a sweet crop with that kind of wattage mr.b.
    Very nice work on your plants I might add. They really do look great, the picture of health. I'm still trying to get the yellow out, lol. Care for a part time job in my grow? heheh

It's time this thread got some rating stars.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast