First grow - SSH, WW, HG and Lowryder x AK47

mr belvedere

Hi, this is my first attempt to grow some dope.

The biggest 5 plants are lowryders x ak 47, then the rest are Super Silver Haze, White Widow and Himalayan Gold which are about 2 weeks behind.

I was not planning on setting up this grow room but then I said f**k it and spent some $$ and time. The plants were outside in a greenhouse for about 2 weeks not getting much sun at all, because it was raining all the time. They are under the 600w MH light for 5 days and starting to take off now.

I am relying on advice from good people on this forum to grow a successful crop.

I will try to answer all the questions in this thread. Happy growing every1.

All the plants under the light

The_family.JPG

Closer look

DSCF8190.JPG

What to add to this panel board??

Board.JPG

My biggest lowryder

Biggest_lowryder.JPG

p.s.
I labelled the tiny germination containers for WW, SSH and HG, but then transplanted them too early into containers they are currently in, without tags. So later on we have some identifying to do

hi mr b congrats on getting started.

Buy your ph meter first.
Co2 meter is only necessary if you are using Co2 and I don't see that yet so don't worry about it until you have Co2 in your grow.

Pics are posted by uploading them to your gallery first then pasting the address in your messages. When you have an uploaded image in your gallery click to open the image. there will be afew addresses listed under the picture. Copy the address that is labbeled "medium image" and paste that address in yoiur post. The image should show up when you preview your post.

good luck

figured it out. i think i will get addicted to growing, as i already checked the plants 3 times today in last 9 hours and been doing so since i planted.

my main reason to grow is that im fed up with the shitty weed that goes around here. its actually ridiculous that they mix all sorts of shit with it like fiber glass, sand and god knows what.

it can be addictive. You'll be fine, there's a lot of knowledgable growers on here and very helpful.
heheh, I still check them many times a day.

The profit drives the corner dealers to do some pretty low stuff at times. But you're on your way to better weed now.

I repped your starting post, don't know if it actually gives you points yet.

Gotta get some chores done. catch you later.

This is better photo of the setup.

setup38.JPG

I still got to cover all the walls with mylar, put white plastic foil on the floor and tidy up a bit.

The room is 6.5' H x 8' W x 12' L. I probably need 4 gallon pots for the plant if any of them will be 4-5 feet tall. will add second HID if will be necessary.

Hey Mr. B,

Thanks for checking out my grow. I like you setup, wish I had that kind of space. Couple of questions...

What kind of soil and nutes are you running?

Are you planning to do any training on the sativa plants to keep an even garden profile? The strains you are growing vary greatly in the amount that they will stretch. Just something to keep in mind if you are planning to grow under a single light in flower...

Hi there Kine thanks for stopping by.

Soil mix: 50% compost, 30% perlite and 20 % vermiculite. I only transplanted 1 Lowryder into 10 liter pot to see how it does in this mix till I harvest it. i have 19 plants total including:
5 Lowryder x AK47
6 WW
4 SSH
4 HG
I will transplant the rest of plants into light premix soil that I'll get of my local grow shop into 4 gallon pots. I think that would be enough to have 4' tall sativas with some LST and topping.

I am planning on keeping like 12 of best growing ones inside and the rest will go outside ( didnt find a good place for them yet, but i got some time)

Nutrients I got today were 500ml bottle of organic fertilizer for vegging and 500ml of organic foliar spray. Forgot the brands, will post it later. Gave the Lowryders their first feed at 1/2 strength according to mixing instruction on the bottle.

Depending how much overall space my 12 plants will take I might need a second HID light.

I feel like ive read a lot about growing but dunno much really until I at least finish my first harvest.

Hi mr. b, my suggestion for an addition to your panel board
would be a temp/humidity gauge of some sort. I didn't spot one in your pics.

You mentioned Co2 in a previous post. Do you plan to add it to your grow later on? Just curious, I have no info to offer in that regard as I've yet to use Co2.

Hi mr. b, my suggestion for an addition to your panel board
would be a temp/humidity gauge of some sort. I didn't spot one in your pics.

This is the meter that I am using.
meter3.JPG

Big Family
family9.JPG

Best looking Lowryder. Wonder if there could be a male, even though seeds a feminized.
lowryder3.JPG

Here are 2 lowryders. You can see that smaller one has its leaves down and twisty, not flat. I wonder what causes this? any suggestions?
problem6.JPG

I wonder is this a weak stem or the light might be too close, causing the plant to lower its profile down.
stem_or_light.JPG

My light was 1 foot away from the plants, I think they dont need as much light atm, so ill bring it up to 2'.

hi mr.b

They won't dip to avoid the light. The plant thats supported is stretched, the thin stem can't support the foliage. Try to get a fan on them close enough to move them around a little but not too close or you'll have more plants falling over. I'd suggest some support sticks with the plants tied loosely to them, before putting the fan on them.
Your temp/humidity guage is fine. If it is mounted on an outside wall you might want to isolate it from the concrete with a piece of wood or foam insulation.
Twisting leaves could be a PH issue, need to get that PH tester.

I have no experience with lighting other than leds so I don't know if the 600w is too close. one foot sounds close to me. Careful not to go too high with it, you don't want more stretching.

All just my opinion, and suggestions only. There may be more experienced growers with better ideas.

In soil I believe 6.5 is the norm. You might get by using PH 6, but some nutes aren't effectively used at that level. I've seen a chart that shows which nutes are absorbed best at what PH level. I'll see if I can find it for you. Do you measure PH in your runoff or before watering? I measure before watering/feeding but I also verify that runoff is in range as well.

here it is

i was watching Greenhouse Seeds comp. youtube grow videos and they used like pH 5.6 for vegging on Himalayan Gold and SSH.
Im still waiting for pH meter, as all the flights around european airspace will likely be cancelled for this week, so no mail delivery.
So I have no idea what pH is atm, will have to drive to closest nursery and get that shitty test kit.

Back
Top Bottom