First Grow Nirvana Autoflowering Short Rider Feminized 2010

twinmax

Hello All :rollit:
This is my first grow and i cant wait for them to flower already lol

What strain is it?
Nirvana Autoflowering Short Rider Feminized

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Short Rider is a hybrid of discontinued marijuana strains Top 44 and Early Special

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Dont know if autoflowering have them stages lol

If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
I have three plants going. One is in a 5 gallon :420: started on 7/26/10
and the other two are in soil started on 8/12/10

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor

Soil or Hydro?
Both :blunt:

If soil... what is in your mix?
70% FFOF and 30% perilite

If soil... What size pot?
3 gallon pots

Size of light?
4 27w Daylight and 2 4' T-5 HO super actinic

Is it aircooled?

Temp of Room/cab?
80 to 85 day 75 to 80 night

RH of Room/cab?
around 60

PH of media or res?
5.8 to 6.0 for :420:
the two in soil have not been checked for PH since they are only 13 days since the sprouted

Any Pests ?
none that i can see

How often are you watering?
the two soil have only gotten one watering three days ago with distilled water with a ph of 6.5

Type and strength of ferts used?
For the :420: i am using FF grow big Hydro at 2 tsp per gallon. Today I upped it to 3 tsp per gallon and 3 tsp of FF big bloom (trying to follow FF hydro schedule)

I am growing them in my closet for this grow, it is lined with Mylar and its about 3x21/2.

Here are some pics of the :420:
IMG_7104.jpg

IMG_7119.jpg

IMG_7126.jpg

IMG_7148.jpg

IMG_7149.jpg

IMG_7153.jpg

IMG_7160.jpg

IMG_7161.jpg

IMG_7163.jpg

This pic was taken today, can you tell if its going to be a female?

Now for the two in soil
IMG_7147.jpg

IMG_7156.jpg

IMG_7159.jpg

IMG_7166.jpg

I plan on buying a grow tent, the DR60. Good choice or bad choice?
I look forward to learning from you guys. I have been reading the forums and this place seems like a really cool place to learn. I tried to follow Roseman Tutorial and i think i did a fairly good job thanks to him :) and to other members grow journals. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Twin:tokin:

Welcome to the 420 Family :ganjamon: Nice clean set up, and them ladies are very healthy to boot. Its nice to see some Auto strains going, especially if they have been D.C'ed. That way if, and I'm sure they will, come out nice and sticky icky icky, we can demand them back..:rofl: Anyhow welcome and I'll be one to be sure to fallow along. :ganjamon:

@Butcher Thanks, I hope they do come out sticky icky icky:slide:
I have a question, i say i have a little over 3 1/2 gallons in the 5 gallon bucket and i started with 2 tsp per gallon today I put 3 tsp of ffgbh and 3tsp FFBB per gallon its only been like 3 or 4 hours and i already started to see some yellow spots forming on the top leaves. I am going to change the water again and going back down to 2 tsp of FFGBH and FFBB per gallon, I hope its ok to do that. Well we will see in the morning if any more spots form.

@reefertwin I sure do hope so :wood:

Your going to want to slowly up the nutes. I would definitely back off, then once you've seen that they are doing fine, thats the time to up it a bit. the key to growing canna is to keep them going, then up the nutes when they are nice and healthy. What happens is growers think that if they can take a high ppm/EC that it will help them be as potent as they can be. This is not true, you don't really want to push the nutes hard till the last few weeks of flowering. Remember that plants store away nutes and disregard what they don't need. I keep an average amount of nutrients till week 4-5 of an 8 week strain, then up the nutes 33% each week till I see a burn. At that point I stop right there and keep it there till flush. I hop this helps out, let me know if you need any more info on my thoughts. Sometimes the Canna gets me rambling to much :rofl:

Thanks Butcher :)

Here is a pic of my grow closet
IMG_7172.jpg

More pics of the two that are in soil. What is a sure way to tell if you need to water them? (without electronic gadgets)
IMG_7171.jpg

IMG_7170.jpg

a sure way of watering them is to learn the weight of the container before a good watering and post watering. You can get a scale and weight it. Or you can just use your best guess by weighing it with your hands. Another way is to dig your finger about an inch into the top soil. if its dry then time to water, if you feel moisture then your good for another day or two.

Yeah I just picked up the pots and they felt light so i watered them and picked them up again and felt the difference. Now i have an idea as how and when to water them. :)
I was just reading some of your threads and WOW you really do know your stuff :thumb:
And i would like to thank you again for helping me out. Going to take a few more pics of my ladies and post them up in a few. Boy do i Love weekends... Had some NYCSD last night from a friend and wow it was some strong shit, i think i can still feel it lol.

Took some more pics yesterday. I dropped my spray mister on one of the leaves hopefully it didnt stress her out to much.
I have a 250W 10K MH setup that i would like put in the place of the CFL's
Would it be ok changing from CFL to MH?

IMG_7174.jpg

IMG_7175.jpg

IMG_7176.jpg

Some updated pics :)

IMG_7181.jpg

IMG_7183.jpg

Is it to early to start giving the soiled plants nutes? or should i wait till they get a little bigger?

IMG_7187.jpg

IMG_7188.jpg

IMG_7189.jpg

I suggest waiting. Most soils have trace amount of nutrients to help get your seedlings started.

When you do start, be sure to start off at a 1/4 strength nutrients.

Doing so will get your young ones use to getting fed nutrients.

I will wait till like the third or fourth week to give them nutes. I changed my lights over to the 250 10k MH and the plants seem to be liking the new light. :thumb: the temps only raised 3* from what they were before. Again i would like to :thanks: for your help.

Time to water the soil plants again. The pots are 10 liters, so how much water do i feed them? The last time i watered them i put 1.3 liters of water is that to little or to much? what do i do with the run off?

Twinmax very nice grow nice to see someone starting out doing so well ! Nice to have good help here too 420 people are really great (Butcher is one ) I saw in one of the last pics look like you had just sprayed them ,I wouldn't do that to a budding plant it's possible to cause mold or other problems .. I've never tried an auto flowering plant are they supposed to finish faster or just start to flower as they reach maturity on their own !? Great job hope your harvest is a big one ...:peace:

Back
Top Bottom