Go Go Coco Grow! Kush Easy - The First Grow

Wildling Wolf

Greetings all! Here's the stats first, i might indulge in a waffle later on!

Set Up
120x120x200 Grow Tent
TT100 Extractor Fan as inlet
6" Extractor Fan & Carbon filter going out
2 oscilating fans for movement
600w HPS

Wilma drip & flow, 8 11ltr pots, 70ltr tank, 70%coco 30% clay pebbles.

The Strain
Kush Easy - resilient and reccomended for beginners!
Kush Easy is a Sativa plant.

Controls & Measures.
Using the above fans my room is still getting waay too hot. I'm getting a cooltube soon so hopefully can control it much better than the 35-40c I'm currently getting.
The tank is being circulated ready for transplant, ph is around 5.6. I got carried away early and put in some nutrient before i transplanted, still need to find an EC meter.

The peat pellets are still fairly moist so haven't re-watered them yet.

First off i germinated only 2 seeds to get going, then realised after research the poor things were cooking, Propagator position was altered (put them right next to the inlet and in the slight shade of the tank) and controlled the temp to a steady 26c 5 days ago and they took off from there. The journal will begin from then.

I used natural spring water in batch 2 & 3, batch#2 came flying out so will continue using this.
Day #5
6 seedlings, Batch#1 & #2 are both around 2",
germinated 2 more today.

Just taken the prop lids off

Okay, I'm going to waffle now. & also ask questions if thats okay.

I chose the Kush Easy because as this is my first grow i thought i'd best go for a 'beginner seed,' I would have loved to grow Indica but couldnt find a newbie friendly feminized Indica. If anyone knows of one with a short flowering time please let me know. :)
As i said I'm using fresh spring water to water them until they get into the proper medium. Should i start using nutrients when they're still 2" shoots? Obviously at a 20-30% recommended strength?
The Taproot is visible on all of them but no other roots are showing through the 2" peat pellets. Is it time to transplant? I need to wait until i have the cooltube but will the lil fellas be okay in their peat?

Venting. I have my inlet at the bottom 'right' of the tent, the outlet at the top left. I have a fan underneath the carbon filter pushing up, and onr on the left middle pushing across. Is this ideal or do i need to rework my strategy a little?

Coco vs clay pebbles.
I actually wanted to go directly to clay pebbles without using coco as its just cleaner and closer to the hydroponics in which i am interested. However i got Canna coco feed so I'm guessing it wouldn't be wise to neglect the coco until i have pebble feed? If anyone could advise me of a good kind, or if this is even correct that would be grand.

Well, that's it for today, I'm really looking forward to seeing this progress and am really glad. i hope you enjoy watching it grow as much as i enjoy embarking on this scientific adventure. I'll make an effort to get some photos up but camera is shoddy so might have to go without for the moment, sorry!
If i've neglected any useful information please ask. I would apologise for all the questions, but i find asking things in my nature, and one can't apologise for nature!

I guess i should also take this moment to say hello to everyone in the community :Namaste:

Re: Go Go Coco Grow! Kush Easy - The first grow.

DSC_001422.jpg

This is Eve 3 weeks in. Her leaves are curling a little. I've put the light higher, sprayed the leaves with distilled ph balanced water and changed the lights from 24/0 to 20/4 to try and get the temp under control some how. It's difficult to get it consistently below 30c which i know probably isnt helping.

heres her lil sister
DSC_001518.jpg

Originally i had this one down as most likely to survive as she was absolutely beautiful in first week, got much bigger than Eve but now eve is bigger again. As you can see theres some discolouration but im not sure why. Could you help me identify?

Heres a close up of the most affected area.
DSC_001620.jpg

Any feedback most welcome!

Also, I have a cooltube now but the heat is still too high, but i have less light due to reflector surface. I may just have to go back to using a normal reflector and just not eat for a few weeks so i can buy 2 more fans :-/ But my rooms going to start sounding like a spaceship.

Welcome Wolfie...I wish I could give advice but I am a bit of a novice myself. I just completed my second grow. I was just curious as to what kind of nutrients you will be using with your grow? And how often are you watering your plants? Just my opinion but the plant in pic one looks a little thirsty? I am guessing the leaves may be turning up due to your heat issues. Don't hold me to that but hopefully someone more experienced will comment.

The leaves on the plant look a little light to me. Thats why I was asking what kind of nutrients are you giving it and how much. I am growing in coco too but I love it. So I will be keeping an eye on your journal. Happy Growing.

The water comes twice a day on 30 minute intervals at present.

Lack of nutriment perhaps was an issue, there are so many stories of nute burn out there...it must have been underdone by quite a lot. They're looking much bigger at 1:28 below their reccomended feed. I think at this level i probably should be giving them at least half the recc..
Few more pictures soon :)

The water comes twice a day on 30 minute intervals at present.

Lack of nutriment perhaps was an issue, there are so many stories of nute burn out there...it must have been underdone by quite a lot. They're looking much bigger at 1:28 below their reccomended feed. I think at this level i probably should be giving them at least half the recc..
Few more pictures soon :)

So does that mean that you're not giving nutes? Yeah, we all get a little from time to time. Usually you just cut back a little. Looking forward to the updated pics.

They're being fed Canna 1 & 2, but i had only fed them trace amounts at the time of the pictures.
I guess this is where it begins!

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom