Berry Bomb Grow

seagem

I have finally been able to start a grow journal.

I have chosen Berry Bomb from The Single Seed Co. Ordered 10 regular seeds.
I hope it is okay to plug one of the 420 sponsors, If not please edit this part.

Berry Bomb seeds started on March 24.
Indica Strain with some Sativa qualities.
Germ'd the old fashion way. Paper towels, saucer, distilled water, bowl, and a heating pad. 9 out of 10 germ'd.
Indoor Grow.
Transferred from paper towel to seed plug and placed into the tent under a 65 Watt grow bulb.
I have a small fan running on them. They are beginning to stretch right off the bat. Lowered the Bulb some. Way to early for the explosive growth rate associated with this strain.

Tent temps & humidity - temp. 82, Humidity @ 53%

Watering - 4 to 6 times daily, I am only giving them about 1 tablespoon at a time. This particular strain says to keep medium moist without drying at any point.

Nutes - Holding off until they reach 2 - 3 weeks due to the strains sensitivity to nutes. Once it is time I will be adding Blue Planet.

Transplant will be into Coco Coir and 2 liter soda bottles.

Seeds germ'd at 2 -3 days.
4663.jpg

3987.jpg

Day 4
4_1_2.jpg

Sorry for the fuzzy pics, they are from my phone. Hopefully I can find my camera.
I am going to try to post updates everyday.
Hope you all enjoy the grow.

Yea im using b'cuzz coca and I'm liking it alot are u planning on transplanting from the 2 liters or keeping them in there the entire grow?

Also what kind of light schedule are u using?

Yea im using b'cuzz coca and I'm liking it alot are u planning on transplanting from the 2 liters or keeping them in there the entire grow?

Also what kind of light schedule are u using?

Right now I'm on 24 straight.

I will either use the 2L's or I might try laundry detergent bottles, will not transplant from 2L's.

Going to keep back a female for cloning.

I'm hoping to do a few things with the grow. Will be letting one plant go to seed, for inventory mostly because buying all the time gets expensive.

Going to try my luck at colloidal silver and see how that goes.

I'm not near any suppliers so everything has to get ordered online or rig something up.

For a tent I went to W*l-M**t back with all the laundry supplies (hangers, close pins, ironing boards section) they carry 3 sizes of clothes closet's. It is all white inside, zipper's and a plastic viewing window on the top front. Will see how this does before I make a whole 3rd bedroom into a grow room. Just trying to get all the kinks out.

TY

Almost all seedlings have popped above the paper cup rim. Looks like I'm only getting 8 out of the 10.
Not sure what the hold up is with the #9 seedling, I might have planted it to deep so I will give it another few days.
At this stage there is not alot to report.

Here is the newest update:

In the pics below are seedlings at 7 days including 3 days at germ.

The taller plants look like to me that they have really stretched. Hoping they hold on a bit before they begin putting out the 3 node. Have never grew Indoors before an hoping I have a handle on things. Everyone says to stop hoover over them. I cant help it they are such an amazing plant and I love to watch them.
Any way...

Maybe someone with more experience can advise if they are to stretchy. I have nutes lights and medium coming in a few days in the mail. Would like to see 4 nodes before I transplant, no particular reason just would at least like to start seeing a level with true leaves.

I have posted my Breathable tent. I love it and will most likely get the bigger one soon.
6440.jpg

Here they all are under the cfl.
5_1_.jpg

3_2_.jpg

2_2_4.jpg

Havent felt up to par today very bad headaches so if I fail to update over the next few days you should know why. I will post more later.

subd mate, i also got a berry bomb on as well and exactly the same age as yours and looking identical to yours 2, i also got it from the same place, but gutted they didnt offer any free seeds, but i chose berry bomb as i wanted a purple strain to see if i could grow a purple and end up with purple buds, im growing under cfls, the berry bomb is a new addition to my journal and the last video i took today shows the berry bomb as it is today, what lights are you growing under, you say 65watt, but what type of light is it,

it will be good to compare the seperate grows, im using several 30watt 6500k cfls with a couple of 2700 k 20 watt thrown in for the extra spectrum, ive also just planted an auto and its just breaking the soil.

feel free to have a look at my journal i cant wait to see how these turn out, we might have got the seeds from the same batch so it will be a good way of comparing the different grows, are you planning on doing anything with yours such as lst or fim etc etc, not sure what to do with mine yet or leave it to grow as is, i will be using bpn products due to been donated some by 2 top member of this site, tesmp to mention one, he gave me loads of advice,

anyway mate, good to see someone is growing the same strain as me, i hope it grows big fat purple buds, when you gxxgle it the first picture that comes up looks amazing a bright vivid purple colour, cant wait to see how this strain turns out

Hello DPP and welcome to my 1st ever grow. I've got 3 lights the 65w is cfl I have a 400w light spectrum bulb but it puts out to much heat, so needless to say I'm mot using that one right now and have various other cfl's just in case I need to add to the grow.

It would be great to compare our grows. Did mine look to you like they were stretching too much? I have the lights down as close as I dare to. I will be getting in Coco Coir this week and will be transplanting into larger containers. I chose this strain for 2 reasons, 1) I have to be very stealth about my growing and from everything I heard Berry Bomb is one that smells fruity or blueberry . 2) I liked the fact of cooler strains in the northern climates ( however the weather here is unreal for March we are already hitting the upper 80's.
Have you posted any of the Berry pics? I would like to compare. Im sure there are other methods so if it all goes south then beans were cheap enough I will try again.

My light cycle is still on 24, I have the first set of 3 leafs coming on. At what stage does the stem begin to thicken?

Wish you all the best in your grow and big fat purple buds. If you like you can post pics here for comparison. Thanks for the invite to your grow but I didnt see the Berry Bomb on there. Did I miss it somewhere?
Anywas, look forward to our grow's.

Hi, towards the end of my journal is a video if you watch it to the end you will see the berry bomb sprout, its exact same age as yours and looks the same, now you mention stretching, with my big bomb and special kush i have had very little stretch and plants are 30 days old only 6 inches high, with loads of new branches growing at the stem but they have grow to the top of the plant all ready so these are very small and trying to get them to stretch by raising the cfls to about 7 inches above the top of the plant,

now with the berry bomb, ive noticed a lot of stretch mine look the same as yours and are stretching the same, the only way to prevent stretch is to have the lights withing 2 inches of the top of the plant, but make sure the air around the lights is moving so heat dont build up and dry the plant up, now i noticed no stretch on any of my plants but the berry bomb has got stretch so at the moment ive got it rasied to a coupld of inches withing the light bulb.

im using 30watt 6500 k cfls and got 4 of them in my grow room, but my indica strain special kush and big bud #2 have had very little stretch and im trying to get them to stretch so raised the lights, my northern lights cross big bud fem has got more upwards groth and less outward bushing, its to early to say with the berry bomb whats going to happen, but they should start hardening at the stem as soon as the new leaves start growing this should then toughen the stem up, another trick to toughen the stem up is to give the plant a quick shake every day this causes stress in the stem and the plant repairs this by making it stronger, the other option of srengthening the stem is to have a small fan blowing the plant gently, but at this stage even my 12v computer fan would blow the berry bomb over, so my fan is just blowing the air around the lights and this is causing the slightest movement to the berry bomb so this will strengthen it up, a normal household fan would be to much and would flatten it or break the stem so not using a fan would be the best option unless you need the fan as you have other plants.

now the plants stretch if the lights are to far away. and with cfls you lose nearly all the good light after about a distance of 7 or 8 inches, so to reduce stretch you can bring the lights within an inch or 2 from the tip of the plant, but keep checking to make sure its not drying it out, i think i had the lights to close and stopped the stretch on my other plants and thats why their still small so i have now raised them, but i have also raised my berry bomb so thats close to the lights to prevent it from stretching.

how ever if your concerned or think it looks like its going to fall over then just find something to poke in the soil to help suppert it till the stem gets a bit tougher, should only be a few days.

i hope thats some help to you.

where in the world are you, i dont mean exact area but are you in the usa or in europe, im in the UK and gota keep things low key.

its nice to meet you anyway and by the looks of it out plants are at the same stage so we can compare notes and see how each others grow is going, i chose berry bomb due to its vivid colour in the pictures and if i can get any purple in the buds ill be chuffed, but ive only got the 1 seed so could be a male, its to early to tell

I have been waiting on getting a few things to see If they would actually grow for me. So going to plan for some mylar. the inside of the tent is white and added foil temp. until the mylar comes in.
My Berry Bombs dont seem to care how close the lights are. The pictures I took and posted here are after I raised up lights to take pics. I cant get them to stop stretching no matter how close the light is. I have since yesterday added another cfl 26 watt soft light and a full spectrum cfl 75 watts, along with my grow bulb. I know I have enough light, I mean heck if tiny seedlings were more healthy im going to have a heck of a harvest if plants will train.
I also have a 6" clip on fan blowing 24 h. It shakes the whole plant pretty good with no worries about falling over. Probably just me, worry wort.
Berry Bomb is not for the beginner, But I'm dedicated and will make it through this grow one way or another.
I absolutely love your Big Bud, what a show she puts on, no comparison to the Berry Bomb. One thing I found quite different this morning was the smallest (or last I should say) was all the veins and the stem were a dark purplish black. I had to do a double take until I looked closer and seen it was just part of the characteristics and DNA. I got quite cool here last night, I am hoping that she does good, thats the one for the mother plant.
Im in USA, Oklahoma still a state needing MMJ to pass. I also have to be very low key.
Well time for bed here.
Have a great grow and thank you.

Invest in a 250w HID light or 400w and that should stop the stretch and speed up the growth. I like this strain, grew them last round the flavor is amazing, very berry. I had female and male so I crossed it and created F2.

Looking forward to your grow.

Thanks 12/12 for the information I will look into 250w 400w HID. Im sure they are not around here so back to online shopping.LOL

BTW, how did your grow go on the Berry Bomb? Any grow journal on them?

TY

thing is with the stretch i had my cfls within an inch of my other plants and the plant stopped growing, the lower branches all caught up with the top of the plant so now ive raised the lights and the plants are growing tall again, on the plus side i should have more than one main cola now as all the stems are the same height.

now for the berry bomb, ive raised mine close to the lights and it is still stretching, must be sative strain, my other plants are 2 indica and 1 sative and the indica haad little stretch till rasing the lights and the sativa was only slightly bigger, but all arre growing better now, hid lights are better and will grow the plants qiicker, but for now cfls will do, ive had no problems with the plants and leaves have always looked healthy, my lights are on 24-0 for veg cycle and the plants seem to like it, i was worried they stopped growing due to to much light, but since ive raised the lights ive noticed about and inch of new growth in 24 hours so i think my problem was that i had the lights to low,

as deege420 said, raise the pot the plant or plants are in, as i have raised the lights to try and get my other plants to stretch slightly as their 30 days old and no bigger than 6 inches, so rasing the lights has started them stretchin, not to much but i want enough to have the plants 1ft tall and bushy when change to flower, but to try and stop the berry bomb from stretching i have raised it up using anything i could find, im using things like cardboard box and old video cases and stuff like that, basically anything you can stand it on to get it closer to the light, just test it with your hand to make sure the heat is not to much, hold the back of your hand under the light and make sure it dont feel to hot but as you have got a fan running this shouldnt be a problem, i had my cfls within an inch of the plant and it didnt harm them at all, now as both out berrys are both just sprouted i havnt put it that close as any damage to the first leaves could kill it so bare that in mind, but it could stretch due to strian, more sativa dominant by the looks of it.

hope this is some help, but do what deege suggested its the best option to prevent the stretch till the plant can stand on its own and grow

to cut down on the stretching in the mean time before you get new lights try to lower your light as your plant will not grow up anymore if the light source is right there for it. hope this helps!

Thanks Deege,

All my seedlings are within 1-2 inches from the plants and have been since they began, all lights hanging right over them. Fan blowing, temps. r 78, humi. is running at 53. Maybe I should have went for another strain.

DPP, it is interesting that you are referring to the Berry as sativa. It is supposed to be mainly Indica with sativa attributes. I have 3 seedlings that are quite different from the ones that have stretched. They are putting on their 3 set of leaves and are only about 2 inches tall, these are the one's with more purple in the leaves and veins. Maybe the strain is not completely stabilized with such difference's from the same batch. If I can get close enough with my phone I will see if pics will turnout and post them.

I no longer grow. However, when I was the BB was part of the perpetual multi strains grow. Here's a picture of it. I did not took the pics of final growth due to the hasty break down of the grow room. Expect the stock to be thick, berry fruit aroma, and very sticky.

MG_3123.jpg

12/12,
So sorry to hear you had to tear down the grow room, I thought you were still growing. Good luck

im the same using a crappy fone for pics until i get the leads for my camera, now you see them pictures of the budded berry bomb above, well when i seen the buds they was a vivid purple colour and thats what made me choose to have a go at growing it, you you use g@@gle and just type in berry bomb and then go down to the images you will see the bright vivid purple colour thats why i chose it, i know you can never guarantee a purple plant but if i keep the temps down it is possible to get results like that, but ill be happy either way.

now both me and you got the seeds from exactly the same place at exactly the same time, so chances are the seeds we have got are from the same batch so it will be good to compare the grows as it goes along.

im so glad someone else chose berry bomb, what made you choose it,

Back
Top Bottom