DR90 Caramelicious - First Grow

Mediseeker

How's it going everyone, I'm relatively new to this site and growing, but not to marijuana. Right now I am doing my first serious grow, using a DR90 set up, with 250w MH(vege) and 250w HPS (flowering) I had about 10 Carmelicious seeds from about a year ago that I ordered online, I germinated 5 at a time, the first round 3 made it, and are growing healthy, and the 2nd round of 5, 4 made it and sprouted a few days ago....I made my mind up to finally get what females I can from the Carmelicious, and then pick the best to become a clone mom, and as I introduce new seeds to grow, I will keep 1 clone mother per flavor/strain, of course harvesting all the buds I can! I am a complete newbie when it comes to growing so any advice, feedback, ANYTHING, is appriciated!! Here they are, as of today!!

Here is a general shot of my area (not big as you can see 3x3x6 I'd say)
1335907031513.jpg

1335906947952.jpg

Carm1
1335906772751.jpg

Carm2
1335906800455.jpg

Carm3
1335906856154.jpg

and here are the seedlings that popped 2 days ago
1335906699527.jpg

some more info on my setup, using tap water (switching over to distilled for the rest of way as of these posts, the soil is Miracle-Gro Moisture Control Potting Mix. I got the seeds online, what site i forget. Using a 250w MH currently swtiching to a 250w HPS for flowering...have 2 non-osiclating 6'' fans blowing, and a 2''wide, 20'' tall osicalating fan going, with a 4 inch inline fanabout 170 cfm, the humidity in there is always really really low, so i try to keep it around 50-60% using a humidifier. Also I will be giving them some nuts for the first time either tonight or tomorrow, using a Herb&Vege plant food that is 8-4-4, nothing strong, but just some of the good stuff in Vege mode! let me know what you all think!!! and i can take more pics/closer up if needed! adding: 24 hour light cycle, temp usuallyy 77-84 and humidity ranges from 40-65%

Re: DR90 Caramelicious (first grow)

also here are some pics, a week later, i'd say they are growing BEAUTIFULLY. i just added a little CO2 system as well

did some more super cropping after the pics, gonna let them rest up the next few days before some nutrient rich distilled water

hi mate, great set up and pics, could i just ask what temps your getting in the room, check the temps at the top of the plants, it looks to me as if the rooms to hot, you see in your pics where the leaves have got the edges turned up, well this is the first sign of the plants getting to hot, the temp your aiming for is around the 75f to 80f at the most, but by the looks of the leaves its telling us the plants are to hot, how often are you giving water, the nutes seem to be ok as you have no yellow spots on leaves, id say your not over watering as the leaves are not drooping, but it does look like the temps a bit on the high side by looking at the leaves, check the temp and ground level, then check the temp and the height of the plants, but them leaves are a classic sign that over heating is going on and this is what causes the ends of the leaves to turn up like that, all strains like slightly different temps depending on where in the world they are from, but most indoor strains should be around 75f mark, so check the temps and see what they are, you need to try and keep the stress levels down to make sure the plants dont go hermie and grow both male and female parts and you will end up with a load of seeds instead of a good smoke,

but looks like you got a good set up by looking at the pics, im sure other growers will be along soon and see how your getting along, so check your temps and see what they are, they would be on the high side i think

looking at your setup again it might not be your temps, do you have them fans blowing directly on the plants, if so then you need to move the fans, im only using 1 12v computer fan on mine and im using a 400watt hps, and thats enough to move the air, all you want is a gentle breezee on your plants, its best to have the fan blowing above the plants so it moves the warm air away, the plants should just have a very gentle breeze on some of the branches, you dont want the fans blowing directly on the plants, this causes moisture in the leaves to evap to quick and could be causing the problem your having with the ends of the leaves,

you could even get away without using a fan at this stage, or just have the smallest fan running and have it blowing above the plants so its moving the air around above the plants, try and get it so the air is moving around the plants and try not to have the fans blowing directly on the plants, if you can get it blowing above so its barely making the leaves on the top of the plant move, so if your temps are ok then id say the problem is the fans,

hey man ya in the beginning i def had problems with temp but over the last week ive manage to find a way to keep them 70-80, but before that I did have a few nights where it got up to 88ish :(

yes the fans are blowing directly on them, will take your advice and only run the circulation fan instead of the other 2 blowing constantly.

\thanks for the info and they are looking better already, cant wait for another week.

i moved my set up around a little, now im having heat problems and i dont understand why.....even with all the fans going (not directly on plants this time, its staying steady around 85, not the 75ish it was before....now does it make a difference for an outside/indoor temp gauge?

what kind of outside temps are you having, the higher temps will stress the plants, i mean heat rises and if you have enough height then try and get a fan blowing up from the ground and towards the light this should push the hot air higher in the room and out if you have some vent at the top, the only other option would be to leave the grow door open when the lights are on, i have to have mine open to keep temps down a bit then i close the door an hour or 2 before the light goes off,
what temp gauge your using shouldnt make a difference.

outside temps are def rising, just hooked up A/C unit in my apt to try and lower temps in here.

My set up right now is a DR90 grow room, so i have an extraction fan (that I use right near light to try and suck out hot air) but it never really feels warm...using that creates a vacuum in there so i open one of the lower vents and it sucks the room air right in. (usually have cold-air humidifier running)...still not enough, at constant 82 during the day right now, im not to comfortable with it, ill get some pics on the set up now, still using all 3 fans just indirectly now.....i think im gonna invest in a cool tube, just not sure if they work by blowing cold air on to it (which i dont have access to) or by sucking the hot air out, which is what i need. please let me know, sorry for being a n00b!

think I've sold the heat problems now the i got an AC unit in my apartment, gonna be getting some different (square pots) and prep to move the seedlings over to there final home! pics inc when finished, i also started to LST them as well, and they love it

sounds like you got the heat sorted then mate, its best to try and get the hot air out the top and suck the cold air in below this will move the air between the plants and stop problems with mold later on when budding, also im using 12v computer fans wired up to fone chargers and they are powerful enough for my 3ft by 3ft room, but what you dont want is the fans blowing directly on the plants this causes the leaves to lose water to quick and dry up so its best to have the fan or fans blowing slightly above the plants so as the plants are only getting a very gentle breeze of have a rotating fan just gently blowing on them while it turns, to much wind causes problems,

lst is a great method i used it with my plants, im just uploading pics now and when you have a look you can see how many top buds i have got, the whole of the plant is even all bud sites are at the same height, every single branch and node has grown up level with the top of the plant so it looks even all over.

how long are you planning on vegging for, are you going to keep going until the plants show sex or switch the lights before then.

i have vegged a few plants for about 6 weeks but now im trying some seeds 12-12 from day one of growth so i got 2 x 2ltr hempies growing that was 12-12 from day 1 and also another in normal pot thats 12-12 from day one, im also vegging the same strain in another room to compare difference when i flower them off.

i grew under 24-0 from the start but changed down to 20-4 as i found it was better for the plants, i think 24-0 is better for seedlings and clones but as they get older i think its best to give them sum dark time as it helps build roots, and to be honest i think they grow slightly quicker with the lights off for some amount of time. plus it saves on electric and lights, but the difference between 18-6 and 20-4 and 24-0 is not worth bothering with, all produce about the same in growth but i think the plants that have had some dark period are healthier and tend to bush out more, but each to their own on that really, some people swear by 18-6 and others 24-0, but ive not come across any proof that having the lights on 24 hours gives that much more growth.

the only method i have seen that produces loads of growth is the gas lantern routine, what this basically is is 12 hours of light followed by 5.5 hours dark then 1 hours light then 5.5 dark so it looks something like this
12 hours lights on
5.5 hours lights off
1 hour light on
5.5 hours lights off.

now what glr does is trick the plant into thinking its coming towards the end of the season due to the long lights off period, but instead of the plant going into flower the 1 hours light during the lights off period keeps the plant in veg, so the plants start growing really quick to get ready for flower and pollenation but tricking it to stay in veg with the hours light prevents it from actually flowering, now this is not good for all plants, some love it and turn into monsters and others dont, but have a read up on it, its called glr routine for short and see what you think, but for now id not use it for this grow so if you do use it in the future then you have got something to compare the final yield to

Yes this new set up is fantastic, better temp, no wind burn, the babies are going to love it!! I plan on putting all them into flowering at the same time, so obviously 3 are going to be more mature then the others, that is for me to expiriment a little, i plan on doing uncle ben's topping on the seedlings (for 4 main colas), and also they will be in vege for a month or 2 so they will probably show their sex before then!

Im sticking with 24/0 the plants love it

here are some pics!
birds eye view of new set up
1336784814663.jpg

1336784634959.jpg

looking good
1336784852347.jpg

humidity control

close up bud site
1336785078841.jpg

still a little yellow this one is, but still doing good
1336785033386.jpg

btw i checked out your grow bro, amazing. i would like mine to get a bit taller (i have about 6 feet to fill) but man your's are bushy!!!

my grow room is floor to ceiling high, i was aiming for switching to flower when they was a foot tall, but both my biggest plants in flower never got that big even after 7 weeks in veg so i flipped to 12-12 to get them to flower as i got loads more plants growing from seed, but cfls seem to make the plants bush out, instead of getting taller, one of my plants is indica which should be short and the other sativa which should be taller, but both plants stayed low and just kept growing outwards instead of up, i did top and lst but i only used lst after i noticed they wasnt getting any taller so i used lst to get as much light on all parts of the plant as i could doing this made all the lower branches grow up level with the top of the plant and all node growth grew to the top of the plant so its even all over, my next grow will be using the hps from the start so i can compare the growth with the cuttings of the same plant and see if its the strain that kept it small or the cfls

Back
Top Bottom