My First Grow - DNA Multi-Strain In Soil Under 400W HPS

shmokesome

thought i would give this a go and welcome any usefull tips....

here goes.

400w HPS cooltube
soil(the black dirty kind, mixed with perlite)
1.2x 1.2 x 1.8 diy cupboard/box
will be using biobizz nutes
growing tora bora, chocolope and holy grail kush from DNA genetics.

germed seeds by popping them in a jar of water in the airing cupoard. i germed TB and Choco together, then HGK next day out of greed :). (june 1st)

accidentally blew the KGK over with my fan and stem snapped, she wouldn't stand up so i leant her against the side of the prop tray and buried stem a little more and hey presto, she's back.

12th june

Re-potted into 7L pots, im not happy with the soil i'm using but they seemed to cope in it from seeds so i'll stick with it for now and get some better stuff for my next grow.

soil looks very moist in pics but they have just been re-potted and watered.

pic of HGK trying to grow again
ht6xr4.jpg

and now.....

chocolope
2dvsv9c.jpg

HGK(holy grail kush)
k33hwj.jpg

Tora Bora
34i095h.jpg

approx 12 days old now.

Re: First grow, tora bora, chocolope and holy grail kush DNA 400w hps in soil

how long before i can give them some nutes?

I'm using biobizz grow organic.

OK.. so i read the sticky on nutes and got a better idea now but just 1 question. I germed my seeds a fortnight ago so are the classed as vegging now or still seedlings or what.... i'm a little confused.

the thread says to add biobizz from week 1, but is this week 1 of first leaves shown? or is it from week 3 from germing?

Sorry to be a pest, but when i do give them nutes, how long before the plants would show signs of stress if they wee not ready for added nutrients?

Now for a little update and the reason i am asking silly little questions lol.

Temps dropped to much lower than normal last night as it was a little blowy here.

when i went in to check them at lights on 2day the looked a little droopy and showing the signs of starting to wilt.

So anyway i let them get a little heat in them and after a couple hours and temps up to 22oC again they seem ok.

Is adding pics weekly to regular? every couple weeks?

I think it is no nutes for first two to three weeks or until they start to look hungry and then start a 1/4 strength max. Add pics as often as you like, we love watching as well as reading. In the beginning they will change quickly and I liked to keep a photo record in my journal some times every other day or sooner I added pics. Now when there isn't much change apparent it's more like weekly or longer.:peace:

I think it is no nutes for first two to three weeks or until they start to look hungry and then start a 1/4 strength max. Add pics as often as you like, we love watching as well as reading. In the beginning they will change quickly and I liked to keep a photo record in my journal some times every other day or sooner I added pics. Now when there isn't much change apparent it's more like weekly or longer.:peace:

2 to 3 weeks from germing or from showing leaves? or from day the are put in soil? that's the part that's confusing me lol

Some pictures from today. Approx 15 days from germ'

Tora Bora
wtmr4.jpg

sg0qch.jpg

wtmr4.jpg

2yjvdde.jpg

Chocolope
2n19rts.jpg

3355kbm.jpg

Holy Grail Kush

nfo707.jpg

TB is approx 3" tall and other 2 are 2.5" tall. foliage on TB has taken off last couple days.

Hope you don't mind me pulling up a chair for this one?

Looks like a good start you are off to :goodjob:

sound mate!

the more to watch when it all goes Pete Tong, the better :)

Just realised that the first chocolope picture on the second group of photos is actually the Holy Grail Kush and not chocolope.

Im in good to see other scots growing. Keep up the good work mate

qqvpmc.jpg

chocolope

2881klv.jpg

HGK

2w7mgbk.jpg

TB

2qsnccn.jpg

I put a couple ml of biobizz grow in a 2ltr bottle of water and fed them a couple cap fulls. Everything seemed ok so i used the same mix to give them a little drink earlier.

Fingers crossed i dont nute them to death :thumb:

And what i hope thy look like lol with some info.....

HGK

timthumb.jpg

Kosher Kush x The OG #18
Flowering Time: 9 weeks
This cross produces large resinous buds that reak of OG #18/Kosher goodness!! New, or fairly new, carbon filters are highly recommended as the smell can be over powering! The Holy Grail is great for the beginner as well as the Master grower. The experienced growers can take her to the limit, pushing the nutrient uptake to the very edge and being rewarded with insanely aromatic plants with the strength and yield not to be matched! The Holy Grail will demand the highest price of all the OG Kush hybrids. Several High Times staff were heard talking of how superior the Holy Grail Kush was in looks, smell and taste. Far out performing ALL other entries in 2011 HTCC to take First place with a first ever perfect score!! Now the world can try The Holy Grail Kush! 1st Hybrid HT Cannabis Cup 2011 2nd Indoor Hydro Spannabis 2012

timthumb1.jpg

OG Chocolate Thai x Cannalope Haze
95% Sativa : 5% Indica
Flowering Time: 8 - 9+ Weeks
Chocolope, which was originally named D-Line, is a novice grower's dream plant! With a uniquely heavy yield and large heavy nugs, she is extremely easy to grow. This sativa heavy plant likes to grow tall so beware if space is an issue, however she can grow out with a little training. We chose to cross our Original Chocolate Thai female with the Cannalope male, and then started backcrossing this to achieve a shorter flower time and still retain some of the Original Chocolate Thai qualities. What makes this strain so special is that when you enjoy her you taste that chocolate you've been missing from the 80's! The Chocolope is the "ONE"! Not much haze, but you don't need it. Growing Chocolope - Weed World Article Chocolope - Skunk Magazine Article With a 100% record in competitions she's entered, we know it's not just us that love her! 1st Hydro Highlife Cup 2008 2nd Sativa HT Cannabis Cup 2010 2nd Coffeeshop HT Cannabis Cup 2007 2nd Hydro Highlife Cup 2007 2nd Outdoor Spannabis 2011 3rd Hydro Highlife Cup 2009 3rd Coffeeshop HT Cannabis Cup 2008 3rd Indoor 4th edition Buenos Aires - Argentina 2011 3rd Indoor Bio Spannabis 2008 3rd Hollyweed Cup 2006 Strain of the Year 2007 Hightimes

timthumb2.jpg

LA Confidential x X18 Pure Pakistani
99% Indica : 1% Sativa
Flowering Time: 8-9 Weeks
The Tora Bora is a peaceful meeting of a pure Pakistani and a pure Afghani! This cross is a mix of two legendary strains; the LA known for a slow veg, modest yield, and Great Powerful flavor; and, the X18 known for stretching in the first month only to slow down and finish pungent and blueish with her buds dense and rock hard. The mix of the two provides a quick vegging, early finishing strain having dark green buds with blueish rock hard nugs incrusted in crystals. Average yields for the Tora Bora make her a great plant for small as well as large gardens. LA & X18 are strong medical herbs and both have a history of relieving pain and helping patients with insomnia. Altogether, the Tora Bora is the knock out!! A must for any one who considers themselves a "heavy" or "high tolerant" smoker!

some nice strains there mate

cheers bro! My mate works at DNA so im onto some freebies lol. ive also got stacked kush, sleestack, chocolope kush and another that i cant think of.

Hopefully i can grow them to somewhere near the potential they have. ;)

awesome, wish i could get some free seeds lol, instead i get robbed down the barras or online haha

Ok.... so i added 5ml of biobizz to a 2ltr bottle of water and gave about 1/3 of the bottle between 3 plants and i must say they are looking great this mrning, maybe even better than they did.

Happy days i didn't nuke them :)

Back
Top Bottom