DeviantMind's Grow Version 1.5 - Greenhouse Soil Grow Journal - 2013

deviantmind

This time around I have chosen 4 strains to try. I germinated 8 seeds, 2 of each strain, and planted them in soil. Here's some more info:

[About the strains]

STRAIN 1: The heavy-yielding big sister of WSS Skunk Automatic! Big Bud Automatic feminized keeps the auto-flowering ability, short bushy Indica shape and sparkling juicy buds of WSS Skunk Automatic, while adding a sweet lemon flavour and clear, happy high to the mix, thanks to her 20% Sativa component. Indoors, the flowering phase begins when the plants are still small (normally about seven weeks after seedlings are established) and is usually completed within 60 days. Big Bud Automatic feminized seeds are easy to grow both indoors and outdoors and plants generally finish around 65-100cm tall, making this cannabis variety an ideal choice for gardeners with low ceilings or fences.

Big Bud Automatic gives a beautiful yield for an auto-flowering strain, especially one which stays so compact. Due to their fat, oversized calyxes her delicious buds finish bigger, heavier and somewhat more open than those of WSS Skunk Automatic. Plants retain a mostly-Indica growth pattern, making Big Bud Automatic feminized seeds suitable for Sea of Green or Screen of Green growing methods.

During cultivation, the smell of cannabis is quite subtle, but a gentle squeeze of the ripening tops will release a mouthwatering scent of sweet citrus, as well as leaving you with sticky fingers from their thick coating of resin glands!

STRAIN 2:Haze Automatic combines the uplifting effect of Haze, the classic Cannabis sativa strain, with the useful auto-flowering abilities of Cannabis ruderalis and the more compact stature of Cannabis indica to create a new masterpiece of feminized marijuana breeding! Haze Automatic gives growers easy and satisfying yields of lush flowers with a fresh, fruity flavour and an active, cheerful high.

Once upon a time, Haze varieties of cannabis were only grown by gardeners who could sustain their 16-24 week flowering period and cope with their soaring height, in the knowledge that their reward was usually a less-than-massive harvest of fluffy buds. It was the incredible, energetic, joyous cerebral high produced by these buds that made it all worthwhile. By reducing both the flowering time and the height of that preeminent Sativa, Haze Automatic auto-flowering feminized seeds make her sought-after effect attainable for many more cannabis cultivators, even those growing outdoors in temperate climates.

Instead of waiting for a change in light cycles, this amazing Haze hybrid begins auto-flowering after about seven weeks of vegetative growth, when plants are still quite small. The flowering period is around 55-75 days and by the time Haze Automatic is ready for harvest, she is generally only 90—120cm tall.

Outdoors, the auto-flowering advantages of feminized Haze Automatic seeds allow plants to be harvested in September, sometimes even earlier if started at the very beginning of spring.

STRAIN 3:+speed is a third generation autoflowering strain. A hybrid of Critical Mass and Speed Devil #2. This Autoflowering strain is very fast and can be harvested after 7 weeks from germination. Produces big buds with an aromatic sticky coating. Sweet and fruity aroma with a hint of cheese and yeast.

STRAIN 4:100% Autoflowering strain. A hybrid between Green Poison and an exotic autoflowering strain that's related to Pakistanish Kush. Red Poision grows with the looks of a Indica-Sativa hybrid. Plant develops a strong stem and long flexibel branches. Produces big buds with an aromatic sticky coating.

Taste and aroma are both happy and intense. Sweet and fruity with a mild skunk. During flowering 80% of the buds will take on a purple-reddish color. After harvesting and drying buds get a deep purple, almost blackish color.

strains3.jpg

This is actually day 5 after putting the seeds on water. I moved them to soil (Ecostyle cocopeat, which has a pH between 6.2 and 6.8) which has organic fertiliser in it and is made entirely from coconut fibers. New pictures will come available as soon as my girls pop their tiny little heads from the soil, which I expect in a day or two, since all the seeds were cracked and showed their little whateveritscalled ;-)

[day 11]

It's now day 11 after introducing seeds to water. Seeds were moved to soil after 4 days. Here are the current results:

The first strain is called +speed and so far it's lived up to its expectations. It was the first to emerge from the soil, and so far is the biggest of all the strains I started.

DSCF20721.JPG

The second strain is Big Bud, and was the second one to emerge from the soil. There is nearly no difference between the first strain and this one, visually. Certainly not at this point.

DSCF20741.JPG

The third strain is Haze, and this one has been a little bit of a pain in the ass. As you can see the first of two plants is still emerging from the soil, after a little bit of careful poking/prodding/dabbing in the soil to see if anything was still there.

DSCF20761.JPG

The fourth strain is Red Posion, which at this point is just as green as all the rest, as is to be expected.

DSCF20771.JPG

sorry for the lack of updates on this one, skipping ahead to [day 35]

DSCF24032.JPG

From left to right:

+speed strain: doing as promised and growing faster than all other plants
big bud: doing it almost as fast as the speed strain
haze: doing really bad, one plant alive (the one in the back) and not growing very much
red poison: in third place, but still doing ok I guess, hopefully this will give buds before the end of summer

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom