My First Grow - Indoor CFL

Xcburgx

First time grower long time consumer. Well after reading about cfl grows I thought it was time to try. I have been at this a little over a month and am using some bag seeds from a hi kush plant that hermied on my friend and some 5-10 year old bag seed. No clue what is what just russian rulletted them. I think I have made every mistake a rookie can make but here are some pics. Any input would be welcome. First pics are from three weeks ago. Actually not sure what order the pics are comming in
image7952.jpg
image7953.jpg
image7954.jpg
image7955.jpg
image7956.jpg
image7959.jpg
image7958.jpg
image7957.jpg

Re: My first grow. Indoor cfl

Looks like the one is just stunted, the other 2 that are bigger look like the tips are burned and may have some lockout going on????? The 1st picture of the plant on the left & the 7th picture with the yellow markings going up both sides of the leaf definitely looks like a zinc deficiency. How old are the plants if the pics are from 3 weeks ago? Are you using nutes yet? These might need to be flushed.

The two pics 2 and 3 are from three weeks ago. The others are from today. I had the lights close 2 inches and they seemed to be drying and burning. I moved the lights away and added a humidifier a week ago. They have done much better with the lights 6-8 inches away and humidity up. I stoped nutes a few weeks ago because they looked so bad now I am about to try a new one I bought two. One is 12-12-4 and the other is 4-55-12 not sure what to try first

Did you flush the plant or just stop giving it nutes? If you just stopped giving it nutes, then they are still probably in the soil causing lockout. I would flush first, before adding anything, then start of at 1/8th after the plants have dried out after the flush. Use the 12-12-4.

Have you checked your PH 1st? If it is out of range, then it will have to be adjusted, that might fix the problem, if not, then you need to flush. Take your container size & flush it with an equal amount of water. Wait till the water drains completely, flush the plant again and let it drain completely. Wait and see how the plant reacts and recovers, then slowly add nutes, maybe 1/4 strength.

Hope it helps.

Also, up in the right hand corner you'll see a search field, type in any word for a topic you need help with. There are thousands of posts here with so much information it'll make your head spin. Tons of great information!

Subscribed. The plant on the left side of your first photograph appears to have a nutrient uptake or nutrient lockout problem. I would flush that plant with at least twice the volume of pH adjusted water as pot size. When I flush my plants I use a plastic milk crate in my bathtub to let the water drain through the pot easily. You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

2nd to last pic cal-mag needs to be added if you don't have a nutrient lockout issue
last pic looks like tips got nute burn? again make sure its not a lockout issue first
subbed

The two pics 2 and 3 are from three weeks ago. The others are from today. I had the lights close 2 inches and they seemed to be drying and burning. I moved the lights away and added a humidifier a week ago. They have done much better with the lights 6-8 inches away and humidity up. I stoped nutes a few weeks ago because they looked so bad now I am about to try a new one I bought two. One is 12-12-4 and the other is 4-55-12 not sure what to try first

A good rule if your hand is getting to warm so are your plants. Nice photos:thumb:

Heads spinning haven't checked ph so going to do that first

I am a new grower as well. I was freaking out over my plants turning color and KingJohnC told me to flush and that is what I did my plants are growing. Just PH your water to 6.5 and keep doing it until what go's in comes out. I use a pool kit and a digital PH tester now. What I found with just the pool kit was my water would go in a 6.5 but the bottom runoff according to the pool kit would be reading 6.5 but after the plant sat for a few days it would climb back to a 7.

What I discovered was I was not flushing enough water through the pot to even out the PH. When using a pool kit keep that in mind. So, when the water started running out the bottom of my planter slower because it was water logged the digital and the pool kit were about the same in PH. This is what I had discovered in the last week. :circle-of-love:

I personally would not feed your plants I would flush. No need to spend money if you don't have to :) Don't feed your little babies. What are you using for soil? I did not see that posted any place yet.

Using MG soil 9 months flowering mix

Umm.... That will burn your plants big time. Over time it may kill them. It has to many nutrients in it and causes burns. I made that mistake last summer. I had a few that made it but most of them died. I don't know what other people recommend but I use fox farm ocan forest or TGA. TGA (basic) is formulated for cannabis. The TGA supper only use when you are flowering and a 10% mix with the basic formula. The soil is a bit spendy (not a word looked it up LOL) but it will save you a LOT of frustration in the end. It is your choice but just letting you know what I went through when I first started. :green_heart:

Using MG soil 9 months flowering mix

Also, I for got to add. I had No luck trying to flush MG. It made things worse. Not only were they burning but they were also drowning.
I thought that was MG when I looked at your photos last night. I had bought two bags thank goodness I had only opened up one. I used the open one to transplant my house plants and the other went back to Walmart. :) Hang in there If I can do this so can you:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom