Growing Indoor With Poly - Lemon Kush - Power Flower - 700W MARS II - Soil

poly

Heya Folks!

finally ready to start a Grow Journal!

Just a short introduction. I have been growing Outdoor for a couple of years. But since the summers here get shorter and hotter every year, outdoor growing under these circumstances is a real pain :( So i tought maybe i could start a nice and clean indoor grow. I only grow for myself, thats why i dont really need to look at the mass of buds i produce and can focus on the quality. Still, big buds dont really hurt :)

What strain is it? 6x Female Seeds Lemon Kush and one RQS Power Flower
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? I dont know about the percentages, but Lemon Kush is more like a Indica, while the Power Flower is 88/12 sativa/indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Both are in Veg at the Moment. The Lemon Kush are on day 15 and the Power Flower on Day 8
Indoor or outdoor? obv. indoor :)
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? BioBizz Light Mix
If soil... What size pot? 7l = 1,9gal
Size of light? 700w Mars II LED Panel
Is it aircooled? Yep
Temp of Room/cab? 24c
RH of Room/cab? 50
How often are you watering? once a day
Type and strength of ferts used? Canna Rhizotonic, Canna Cannazym and later the Canna Terra Series.

Since my Cab is 1x1x2m i selected the 700W Mars II since the footprint fits perfectly in my tent.

i plan on letting the Lemon Kush veg for at least 4 more weeks. I know that they have a sativaish stretch, so i should be fine if they dont veg longer than 8 weeks.
The Power Flower has a more sativaish way to veg, so since its one week behind the Lemon Kush they will be switched to flower together.

So, these are the facts and ideas of my grow, since this is my first "real" grow where i really have to look after my girls i would really like to get some help from you :Namaste:

Small overview of the girls there. On the front right you can see the still small Power Flower. All the other ones are the Lemon Kush Girls.

2014-09-21_03_28_42_2.jpg

The MARS II 700 LED Panel

2014-09-21_03_28_54_2.jpg

And the carbon filter for fresh air everywhere. The Fan is running most of the times on lvl2 thats approx. 180cfm/h

2014-09-21_03_29_04_2.jpg

Here the Power Flower on a closeup

2014-09-21_03_29_46_2.jpg

And here you can see the fast growing monsters :) Lemon Kush all the way.

2014-09-21_03_29_42_2.jpg
2014-09-21_03_29_37_2.jpg
2014-09-21_03_29_20_2.jpg
2014-09-21_03_29_26_2.jpg
2014-09-21_03_29_33_2.jpg
2014-09-21_03_29_13_2.jpg

The only problem i have so far are some smallish yellow spots on one of the older leaves on the Lemon Kush. But i could bet that it was from watering while the lights were on and i really suck with watering and maybe there were two small drops of water on the plants and so the little girl got burnt a bit. So nothing evil so far.

Hope you enjoy my Journal! :welcome::Namaste:

Hey Guys (and Girls). Looking good so far. I just looked closely at that problem girl and thought maybe its not Light Burn from bad watering. To me it looks more like Cal def. Can you confirm that?

2014-09-22_14_09_08.jpg

The first leaves that a seedling sprouts will always die off. They only stick around until leaves with more fingers are formed. Go ahead and just cut them off. Make sure you are pH balancing your water before each watering, it makes a huge difference.

Check out my newest journal and definitely ask if you have any questions my friend. Here to help you grow :)

Thank you Sphnx! Watering only with ph6 water, so that should be fine. As these are the first leaves, you should be right :)

Already subbed your Journal :D

If you see any signs of yellowing or any cal mag problems try dropping your pH to 5.8 - 5.9. +reps for the setup my friend! Subbed for the long haul :)

Just one additional Information i forgot the mention. After 5 Weeks of Vegetation i will repot the Power Flower and the 3 strongest looking girls into 30l Airpots. Just to make sure they have enough space for growing healthy roots :)

subbed

My last 3 runs of the lemon kush where pretty good,but I had fox-tailing issues.so I am interested in watching to see if your do it also.

subbed

My last 3 runs of the lemon kush where pretty good,but I had fox-tailing issues.so I am interested in watching to see if your do it also.
thanks for subbing! To be honest, i never expirienced foxtailing. and a quick google search led me to this thread What is fox tailing and what causes it?

so iam not really sure if fox tailing is a good thing or a bad. after what time in flowering did your plants start with fox-tailing?

Another thing. I really like the smell of those Lemon Kush Girls. They are not really old, but they already start to smell like lemongrass. so good!

Foxtailing is most commonly caused by heat stress on the buds. They stretch out of air themselves out. Also nutrients that are too concentrated or your water temp was above 90 degrees. MOST COMMON causes. Had to learn about it the hard way before I learned how to fix it.

I forgot to mention if you use your nutes past the time they are needed, like let's say you are working with an 8 week strain but you take it to 9 1/2 and you're still giving them a gnarly nute regiment they might foxtail to keep the growth going. I've seen some CRAZY lookin buds because of that. Buds that grow out of other buds but connected to the same stem, but it looks like a conjoined twin sort of thing.

:D A Bud on a Bud? i want some nice looking girls, not some freak girls :D But good to know! Knowledge is important, so thanks for that.

Instead of going to college I went to weed school. Been growing for the past 11 years and have picked up more than I need to know. Ask away if you have any sort of question, I or someone equally as knowledgeable will answer :)

I agree with spinx on the causes, only in my case,I could'nt find it,tried 3 runs with it.ppm never over 1200,room has ac,temps always 77-82 and this is the only "strain" that has done it,too me.

Did not effect,taste/potency only hassle is the trimming is a little longer,people in my area thought it was freaky looking,and something they dont see everyday

my LK started to foxtail around week 6 of 12/12

I loved the way the lemon kush grew,very hardy plant.my only problem,was that working on them in flower,the aroma was so strong,man it almost burned the eyes.I dont get to experiment with many different strain,but when i get to where i'm going,Id like to try this one again.

Also FemaleSeeds where youre Seeds were from? @-c526

I'll look at the pack,and get back at ya when i get home.

Oaksterdam University in San Francisco to be exact

you lucky bugger

Just a quick update, but sadly without Pictures. Girls are looking good, growing really fast. about 1cm per day. :)

Plants growing faster than i thought, today is the first day, they got ph'd water and 3ml Canna Terra Vega per Liter. a total of 4Liters (1gal).

Back
Top Bottom