InSiDeThAvOiD/Orange Kush/2008

InSiDeThAvOiD

Hello everyone this is my first grow attempt with some Orange Kush I found the seeds in my bagweed. Today, I planted the seeds into some plastic cups of soil and added root hormone too.

List of Supplies:

1. 3 - 5 gallon plastic pots
2. 6 - 42-watt CFLs' [2700 lumens per bulb]
3. 1 - Miracle-Gro Potting Mix 1 Cubic Ft [.21-.07-.14]
4. 1 - Miracle-Gro Perlite [.04-.01-.06]
5. 1 - Schultz TakeRoot
6. 1 - Schultz Plant Food Plus [10-15-10]
7. 1 - 3mm thick plastic covering
8. 2 - 15' 16 gauge medium duty extension cords
9. 5 - Y shaped light socket adapters
10. 2 - power strips

When I need to transplant the plant to the 5 gallon pot I plan on doing 70% perlite/30% soil give or take. I plan on letting my plants tell me when to water them so that I don't drown them. I'm also using city water to water my plants. I'm planning on adding more 42-watt bulbs to up the lumens and keeping the lights about 2-4 inches above the plants when it begins to grow. I'll post pictures tommorrow when I get back from work. :Rasta:

OK here are some pics of my setup...
Grow_Setup_2.JPG

Grow_setup_1.JPG

Grow_Setup_4.JPG

Medium_dirt_.JPG

Plant_Food.JPG

I forgot to take pictures of the seeds cuz I was too excited to see them so I planted them quickly into a plastic cup with big holes at the bottom for drainage. The seeds color was a whiteish/gray and the size of a normal seed. The soil Im using also has perlite premixed in it and it retains water really well (in a good way). The seeds haven't punched through the dirt yet after a full 24 hours.

Orange Kush Plant 1
Orange_Kush_plant_1_germination.JPG

Orange Kush Plant 2
Orange_Kush_plant_2_Germination.JPG

I also plan on doing a 12/12 timetable the second they pop the surface. I plan on getting some mylar to cover the closet door and the walls for added reflections. Also what is the best and quickest way to get the sex of the plant or does that depend on the strain? OK now back to some more waiting I'll post pics of the plants the second they sprout out ::tommy:

Day 2
I still haven't seen one plant sprout yet maybe one more day it will take. If not I'm going to get some clones and work from there.

I would not advise using the soil in your current grow, the time release fert balls in MG are not good for Cannabis. I do not have any experience with Shultz but that stuff doesnt look too friendly either. Soil is one of the most, if not The most important factors in growing (IMO). Its the base for your plants health, growth, and prosperity. With bad soil like you are using, you are not fostering healthy plants. I would strongly suggest researching local gardening stores in your area and pick up some good ORGANIC soil with worm castings and bat guano. The perlite is fine. And good call on the Mylar. I hope this helps, and i'm not an expert by any means there are WAYYY better growers on this site than me but i do know a bit. Best of luck man ill be watchin!

Oh and get that electrical outlet OFF the ground, unless you wanna get electrocuted/ start a fire and ruin all your hard work...

i not a pro either but we both have seen whats available locally, youre on the same dirt as me bro the only other option is to dig up dirt from the yard. my girlz are fine on the miracal gro dirt. we arent in it for the sales, just cannabis independance. when we are able to ship in seeds and dirt we'll be set. as of now were kinda stuck w/what we got! don't trip!

DAY 1

Hell yeah, both my seeds just sprouted and I just planted a thrid Orange Kush seed. Im going to vege them out for 5-7 days then switch to 12/12.

Day 1 - Plant 1
plant_1_sprout.JPG

Day 1 - Plant 2
Day_1_-_Plant_2.JPG

Now Im hoping for females:ganjamon:

I've been wondering what would be a good organic tea recipe that I could use on my plants or for my next grow. I changed my mind and decided to just go 12/12 to make it easier for me I hope. Also, does mylar come on a roll and can I find it at Home Depot or Lowes. If anyone has any questions, comments, or tips feel free to add them. Peace out

Ok here are my Day 3 pictures of my babies:

Plant 1
Day_3_-_Plant_1.JPG

Plant 2
Day_3_-_Plant_2.JPG

Alright I'll check out Lowes and Home Depot and some local nurseies to find some better soil. My plants are over an inch tall now and going strong. I'll post more pics tommorrow as usual:allgood:

Day 4 pictures are here and my 3rd seed sprouted earlier today yay...

Plant 1
Day_4_-_Plant_1.JPG

Plant 2
Day_4_-_Plant_2.JPG

Plant 3
Day_4_-_Plant_3.JPG

Well I'll be back later with Day 5 pictures:Rasta:

How long am suppose to grow Orange Kush for I really couldn't find any info on the web about it. I just planned I growing mine for 90-100 days or when they're done:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom