seeds in aeroponics

As an aero-hydro grower, I placed my seeds into a cube of PH 6.0 saturated/water rockwool. When the seedling comes up thru the rockwool, Place the germinated seedling into a grow dome w/lights on 2-3" from the top of the clear dome. This will enhance the growth of the root thru the rockwool, it's just the matter of days for the root to come thru the other end of the rockwool, It's then when your ladies has a root do you place the new seedling into the grow pod/basket and start the pump for your misters.
Keep the seedlings moist while they are in the inclosed dome, but don't drown them.

:goodluck:

ok, ty for the reply Faderharley. Thats pretty much what I did, I used a rapid rooter. I'm just thinking there gotta be a way to gett'em going from the aero system...
I think I kept them in the rapid rooter dome, for a few weeks...I had a high dome which caused them to stretch a bit, ....u only keep them in for a few days I see...I would like to try that..

ok, ty for the reply Faderharley. Thats pretty much what I did, I used a rapid rooter. I'm just thinking there gotta be a way to gett'em going from the aero system...
I think I kept them in the rapid rooter dome, for a few weeks...I had a high dome which caused them to stretch a bit, ....u only keep them in for a few days I see...I would like to try that..

I'll be starting up my 2nd run here very soon. Just going to do what I did before. I soaked my rockwool cubes w/ PH 6.0 distilled water for 24 hours, slightly wring out, then place a single seed into the rockwool 1/4" deep. Once all the seeds are in the rockwool, I cover w/clear plastic dome, cover the dome w/black towell, place a heating pad under the pan, set on low. Check in 24 hours for seedling. Once the little lady breaks thru the rockwool, I place that new seedling into a different dome, hang a light over her until she roots. Then I place the rooted gal into a grow pod/basket, surround it w/clay pepples, start up the aero-hydro.
Also I always dump my nutes every 7 days, add new distilled water, rinse my roots for 24 hours, then add new batch of nutes, change in another 6 days. My ladies just flourished doing it that way. So I'm keeping that practice as well. I spray my roots via diy micro sprayers, I also use airstones, to create oxygenation in my solution box so the nutes have been oxygenated, roots become oxygenated which really enhance growth/yield. Hope I helped, good luck w/ur grow

Rinsing your roots for 24 hrs....I've never heard of that approach before..also..do you run your aero all day, or is it on a 2 min / 5 min timer...or something like that?

Most aero-hydro growers use the same water bt using a R/O system, it cleans the water I guess. I and a few other growers prefer to dump our solution each week, replenish w/clean water and a fresh batch of nutes. I rinse the roots so the don't get nute lock-out.
My pump that feeds the roots run 1.5 min/every 10 minutes, 24 hours a day. That time schedule worked good for me on my last run. Hoped I helped

thank you again..for the info Faderharley

When I researched how to grow bud w/an aero-hydro grow system, the run time of the solution pump was hard to find until I started to review grow journals. Grow journals are a great source of info, it was then I came across an aero-hydro grower that clearly stated a run time for the pump. I'm not saying that when I ran my pump 1 min. on and 10 min. off on my 1st run, mean I can run the same timed schedule on my second grow. I know ebb & flow hydroponic growers pump the nutes to the plants 4x/hr, how long is usually 10 mins, then the pump goes off, nutes drain back to solution box and the cycle is repeated every 15 minutes. It is based upon your grow system is what I am trying to say. Soil, potting soil, organics growing, growers water/feed their plants every 2-3 days.
Aero-hydro growing is not cheap either, I spent over $250-$300 bucks in distilled water over a course of 19 weeks. I'll spend it again, until I purchase a R/O system which cost as much as 19 weeks of distilled water, about $350-$400 bucks.

In closing I was super amazed how aero-hydro growing works. I come from a family history dating back to the 13 colonies as farmers. I grew large gardens of vegetables in the past, but nothing can compete/compare to an aero-hydro growing system, even NASA has one on the Space Station. I thought, well if it's good enough for NASA, it's good enough for me. IMO it's the only way to grow bud. Good luck w/your grow, glad I was able to help.

:morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom