Anchorage Medical Marijuana support group

richc25

To support local medical marijuana recipients and their needs. Create a referral system to access compassionate Doctors in ALaska, I have found it not only very difficult to obtain a referral in anchorage but also very humilating and a negative experience. There is strength in numbers so join and together we can make some positive changes so good folks dont have to go through what some of us have been through. Open discussions, you dont have stand on the corner to purchase your medicine. Caregivers, alternate caregivers, dispensaries, co-ops, debilitating medical conditions, review current medical marijuana laws in Alaska. Anyone can attend bring your friends and family. Thank You

I sadly have had the same experience not only in anchorage but in the valley as well & the only legal access to info & medical form's is 1 person working for the state
Terry Ahern
who never write's back or answers any phone call's
what are we to do when the DR.'s that will talk about the medicinal propertie's & benifit's of cannabis usage are deathly afraid of persucation by the federal goverment & D.E.A.
i know this first hand from a physican's office that did in the past provide the paperwork for medical cannabis.
He was raided by the D.E.A. & all the staff was harassed & the patient's harassed
along with everyone's name being recorded from the raid on a medical DR. for only providing the proper State Paperwork for the few patient's that needed
now they must deal with the blackmarket for medicine that help's them

Have you heard of Anything in Fairbanks?? Everything up here is Negative it's crazy....you Ask simple questions and get looks like your From another planet....from what it sounds like ti is very hard to get a Marijuana Card in Ak, I've lived here all my Life (North Pole right outside fairbanks) and it seems that people that really need or could actually get a marijuana Card are being denied and having to go to the Black market. What do you do in a Situation like this though??? what are the stipulations for having a marijuana card???

Well, at least you guys are networking to help eachother. I wake up in pain every day. Yea, I can go to the doctor and get percocets or neurontin for pain. But they keep you drowsy and unable to function all day. Unfortunately, on my side of the world there is no source to buy meds without going to the corner

I'm also in Fairbanks and haven't had any luck finding a Dr. that will discuss this. If anyone has any luck I'd appreciate hearing about it. I can't believe that there is only 4 or 5 of us that would like to get this corrected. If the law says it is alright then why are the feds involved? Maybe since Obama is in office things will change at least on this charade.

Marijuana is legal in Alaska. You may have up to 4 ounces for personal use. I started the Anchorage medical marijuana support group early last year. We held weekly meetings and only 1 person showed up in a year and 2 months. I cancelled the group because of no support. People want to sit at home and pound a keyboard instead of coming to support the group efforts. In Alaska when you register with the State medical marijuana registry they allow that information to be accessable to anyone with access to their database, State cops, local police, maybe anyone who works for the State with computer access. I do not want anyone to be able to search me in a database for any reason. I am not so sure that a medical card is so important here. It seems to me that discrete is best when it comes to marijuana

I live in the mat-su valley

I am in alot of pain and the endocets actually makes things worse.

Best wishes to you my friend.

You may want to search for a support group and make some friends there.

Here'a a thread with some additional suggestions

How to Make New Contacts?

Hi all~
I'm new here, and this is exactly what I'm looking for!
I had a card for 4 years in a row, signed for by the (then) doc at INHC, who saw most of the hiv patients in the interior. He's been gone for 2 years now, and I don't know who to go to now. There is one guy that I think MIGHT be open minded enough to cooperate, and I intend to make an appointment with him soon. Other than the three "expert" women who come up from Anchorage every 3 or 4 months, there doesn't seem to be anyone other than a couple of psychiatrists that are treating anyone I know...( although I know very few positive people).
Having read one of the previous posts that mentioned that the registry list is accessible to leo, and considering that it's almost a moot point here, I'm now wondering if it's worth it, (except to show anyone who comes to do work in my basement! LOL)
In any case, I sure would like to hear from others here in AK...

:peace:

AKBlugirl

Welcome to 420, AKBlugirl :welcome: Look around, join any discussion.
Others in AK have difficulty finding a doc willing to help. You are in the 'data base', and servers seldom forget. Do what you must, and find a doc if you can.
I, too would like to hear from more of your neighbors.

Do you know of any other support groups in the area? Esp. in the mat-su valley?

You know it really does not matter in Alaska if you can find a doctor or not to give you a mmj card.....which is very doubtful, and most Alaskans are only friendly to a point. that’s why you just have to take things into your own hands and grow your own. Listen even if you could find a Doctor to give you a mmj card there are NO DISPENSARYS HERE so you can’t buy it anyway so what’s the point....jus grow it yourself. You can legally have 24 plants! There is a nice lady that has a grow shop and sells everything you need, it’s called Kayla’s imports she’s just before you get to Fred Meyers on the palmer-Wasilla hwy. There is an olive garden restaurant above her shop....check it out, that’s where I’m getting my stuff, lights, soil everything. Hope this helps. Oh and you can buy seeds online from a number of seed banks just make sure they ship worldwide.

The valley is about 60 miles north of Anchorage and yea it is a gorgeous place to be. Every turn is a breathtaking view. The Matanuska-Susitna valley in is surrounded on the north, east and west by 3 chains of mountains; many rivers run thru here and tons of lakes to play in. To the south there is the Cook inlet (running east to west) that that turns south and eventually become the Gulf of Alaska. Cutting off the Cook inlet to the south is the last part of the Chugach mountains. Yes, I do live in a most beautiful place. I was born in Texas but I choose to die in Alaska. I just wish while I am dying the I could ease some of this tremendous pain that afflicts my every waking moment.

Inspired by your description, I took a tour via Google World and was further impressed. Truely lovely. When I saw a bit of Texas way back when, it was pretty, but different.
Many people supply their own needs with a discrete cabinet garden, and enjoy their new hobby. If you have any means at all, our grow journals and library of 'stickys' will show you how to do it without drama. This doesn't answer your immediate problem, to my regret. I won't lie and say I feel your pain, but I do have sorrow and want reality to change.

I can certainly see we still have a long way to go! Yes, there are sympathetic Doctors out there who will help where they can. At one time, in the past few years, we had a total of 4 doctors here, in my little town, that were willing to prescribe medical marijuana cards to those who could pass the Alaska state guidelines. Currently, we are down to one, and he also practices in Anchorage. As my husband had to jump thru all the hoops and pass their tests and try many, if not all it seems like, of the prescription drugs available to alleviate his condition of degenerative and compacted discs in his lower back, it took 2 years to finally show them what really worked for him.

Alaska Marijuana Laws This will give you a heads up on what is currently in force today. MMJ Cards are an affirmative defense IF you get caught by police or have your house raided while in possession of one.

However, it does not stop them from taking you to jail, nor confiscating your meds and anything else you may have in your possession, including any plants you might be growing, and creates a long legal battle and can be expensive. My husband and I are still going thru this process, which started in July of 2007 and is still going, unfortunately. Just having this card is no guarantee that you will be left alone.

Although Alaska has the "Card", we are still not being treated with the respect that we have seen in other states, where those who hold a MMJ Card are not harassed, nor have their meds confiscated, nor are they being hauled off to jail. Hopefully in the future as the laws are being changed, we hope that this will stop and that the medical use of marijuana is given the respect it deserves, and the patients will stop having their meds confiscated. Although as of yet, we do not have any dispensaries at our disposal, it is a shame that MMJ Card holders are still being treated as big time criminals and being put behind bars.

MMJ Support groups are a good start and with working with the state agencies, we hope to make a change for the better. I would encourage those who are afraid to go to these meetings to please attend, or get one started. They cannot arrest you for meeting and discussing possible ways to make change, nor can they stop the positive information that everyone needs to be made aware of. We all need to be involved and get others involved as well. The squeaky wheel is the one who is heard! And Alaska has been heard. MMJ support groups offer information on contacting senators and passing along information about who in the Government needs to be sent letters. We have support out there, and when they know how many people stand behind them, they have a tendency to stand up to their fellow politicians and make them listen to what the people are saying. Lets NOT let them sit behind closed doors, lets get them to stand up for us, and stop the persecution of MMJ Card holders! They may also have information relating to Doctors or others sympathetic to this War on a Plant! Positive information needs to be circulated and reinforced, and yes, it will still take some work, but I think we are finally seeing some positive results with the other states who have stopped the persecution and really helping those in need of this medication.

Do you know of any meetings in the mat-su valley? I could only find one in Anchorage but have no way to find out if the meeting is still in existence. The myspace page I found it on hasn't been updated since april.

Back
Top Bottom