AK and the law

I'm not a lawyer so I recommend you consult your own attorney for any legal advice.

That said, here's my laymans understanding of Alaska's MJ laws. Not all inclusive but an overview from what I've seen on the net.

- 1 oz or less in your residence or home is state legal
- 1 oz to 4 oz posession is a misdemeanor 90 days $1,000
- More than 4 oz, or 25 or more plants felony 5 years $50,000
- Under 25 plants is protected under the Alaska Constitution's right to privacy
- There is a medical MJ program as well.

Please remember there are Federal laws as well

thank you guys so much for your time . im not a medicinal grower just a hobbyist . i just was wondering at how many or whats the magic number that sets the locals into action

Any number is a possibility. Just because State law says you can, you still have to remember the Feds. Raven vs State keeps the individual protected in their own home, but only for the amounts specified. Please keep these laws in mind and good luck to you.
We will look forward to seeing your new grow journal.
:smokin:

Can anyone clarify the amount in home. I called the Anchorage DA's office and they said 4 ozs. but mentioned that the law is unclear. Anyone understand the state's take?

Up to 1 once is legal, but it use to be much more (I thought it used to be up to 8z)

Between 1 and 4 is still murky, but over 4 is considered a misdemeanor.

To me, meaning my personal opinion, this means they aren't enforcing or prosecuting the 1-4 range but could if the right test case presented itself.

Back
Top Bottom