Miserable

miserable

I live in Berwick Me. I have chronic back pain for about 9 years now. I have been diagnosed with degenerative disc disease. I do not like to take pills, or the possible dangerous side effects from same. I have not tried marijuana for my pain. I thought that maybe if it were available to me, that I could at least be pain free when I am not working and sleeping. I was hoping that someone could recommend some physician nearby that might prescribe this for me to at least try? I'm not saying it would work! I have tried everything legally prescribed. I am starting to worry that taking all of these prescription drugs are going to ruin my liver or something. Thus killing me anyway! I some times wonder if the government wants to kill off all of the chronic pain patients. The physicians I have encountered always prescribe some type of narcotic with generic "Tylenol" in it. Which is suppose to be terrible for your liver. They never prescribe anything that does not contain this chemical. I wonder if the government may have a plan to accelerate the death of the people that are suffering, and may be less helpful to society. This additive really does not have any benefit when combined with narcotics for relieving pain (at least as far as I can see?).
Thanks for any assistance anyone can give me,

miserable

I was hoping that someone could recommend some physician nearby that might prescribe this for me to at least try?

I believe that no physician in the United States can prescribe cannabis because it is currently classed as a Schedule I Narcotic (which means, among other things, that the federal government has decided it has no medical value).

I wish you luck in your task and hope that you'll let us know how it goes.

I am starting to worry that taking all of these prescription drugs are going to ruin my liver or something.

The physicians I have encountered always prescribe some type of narcotic with generic "Tylenol" in it. Which is suppose to be terrible for your liver. They never prescribe anything that does not contain this chemical.

Many feel that acetaminophen is hard on the liver, not just in high doses or in high doses over a 24-hour period, but in long-term dosages. I don't blame you for not wanting to take any more than you have to. Although it is true that mixing narcotics with analgesics (well, technically acetaminophen is an antipyretic) can have an affect that is greater than either alone would give, I don't know that it is worth the risks. I think that in addition to its use as an analgesic, it is also used so widely as a filler.

You've got three options (not counting the pursuit of alternative types such as cannabis, which sounds like your best shot). You could stop taking the meds - but when one is in severe pain at all times, this is not always a viable option. You could try to get your doctor to switch your meds to those that contain something else along with the narcotic pain-reliever instead, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen. They do have slightly different purposes but in many cases are used interchangeably. If you were allegeric to acetaminophen, for example, your doctor would have no choice but to prescribe you meds that contained one of the other three substances. But from your words it seems that your doctor is unwilling to do this, for whatever reason. Your third option is to remove the acetaminophen through a simple cold-water extraction, but it would in all likelihood go against the guidelines of this site for me to describe this process to you (Google is your friend).

I some times wonder if the government wants to kill off all of the chronic pain patients.

I wonder if the government may have a plan to accelerate the death of the people that are suffering, and may be less helpful to society.

Government is a concept, not a living entity. Therefore, it cannot have a conscience. Unfortunately, many (some would say most) of the people who make up the government also have no conscience (or theirs is for rent to the highest bidder, which amounts to the same thing). I believe that when the Social Security program was created the theoretical maximum average age of the population was considered to be something like 100 years old. But most people didn't live nearly that long. Now with less people working dangerous physical jobs and for other reasons, many people are living long lives. Now I cannot say whether or not the government or those in it would like to remove older and less-productive members of its society... I will say that it wouldn't find it to be at all inconvenient.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom