Is there a right way to bring up the subject

shaker1

I have a doctors appt. this comming week and want to ask about MMJ. Is there a 'right' way to go about this? Or just be blunt and to the point that I know what works for me? I have a few 'issues' that I know it helps with (rls, depression, joint and shoulder pain). I can't/don't like to, take pills of any kind. Just wondering how other people brought up the subject.

from your greeting post.
"Just joined and looking forward to reading all the great info on here. Knowlage is power.......Just a little note on my cannabis use and how it helps me....started at 18. MJ is the reson I'm a recovering alcoholic, it erases all symtoms of my rls and insomnia, and makes my shoulder and joint pain bearable, and most of all is extreamly benaficial for depression. But of coarse, those are not allowable conditions for a 'card' here in Maine. And now, at 42, I've noticed the pain in my hands are limiting my only other 'depression limiting device'...and that's playing guitar. So, here I am....."
Not sure if you've read this
Maine: Medical Marijuana Law Overview and State Fines/Penalties - Archive

Senate Bill 611, which was signed into law on April 2, 2002, increases the amount of useable marijuana a person may possess from one and one-quarter ounces to two and one-half ounces. Question 5, approved by 59 percent of voters on November 3, 2009, mandates the Department of Health to enact rules within 120 days establishing a confidential patient registry and identification card system, and allowing for the dispensing of medicinal cannabis via state-licensed nonprofit dispensaries. The act also expands the list of qualifying illnesses for which a physician may recommend medical cannabis to include: "A. cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus, acquired immune deficiency syndrome, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Crohn's disease, agitation of Alzheimer's disease, nail-patella syndrome or the treatment of these conditions; B. a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces intractable pain, which is pain that has not responded to ordinary medical or surgical measures for more than 6 months; C. a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces one or more of the following: cachexia or wasting syndrome; severe nausea; seizures, including but not limited to those characteristic of epilepsy; or severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those characteristic of multiple sclerosis; or D. any other medical condition or its treatment approved by the department as provided."

I went to a doc who specializes in MMJ .Look for a Doctor who specializes in MMJ. You might have to travel a little. But it will be worth it. Get a copy of your medical records. This will help the Doctor make an informed decision and will help if you ever have to go to court. Keep your receipt, doctors contact info,a copy of medical records, a copy of your Doctors recommendation or prescription in a safe place.:peace:
And welcome to :420: my favorite site.

Back
Top Bottom