Northern Ontario Doctor for MM for DVT

madison2021

Hello, in 2003 three weeks after taking birth control I got a massive blood clot..DVT. The doctor did not look after my coumadin amount correctly and 3 weeks later the clot was from the bottom of my foot to just below my right lung. I was hospitalized for along time. Bascially I have major complications from this including constant excessive swelling, varicose veins, a lot of pain and pressure, poor healing and circulation. I am 29 years old. Four months ago I had a surgery called vein stripping and litigation. The surgery was a failure and I have full vein growth again. Basically there is nothing they can do for this and it will be a life long issue. Upon smoking pot it control the swelling and pain immensily. I am wondering if I would be eligable for a liscence to posses marijuana? I doubt I could get a prescription for it. I do not want to take pain killers like perks because they are addictive and harmful. I live in Sudbury Ontario Canada and I cannot find information on a doctor that I can see about this. I work in a field that requires constant walking and this only increses the swelling and pain. I cannot find any info on pot used for complications from dvt`s

Thank you in advance for any information on either of those questions

Peace

So basic you would be a Catagory 2 patient..if you look in previous threads there is a list of Drs for On..not sure about Nrthn On.
You might ask your family dr..for a referral ..as he can not sign off ..mmar for you
Also I am not sure if there is documentation for that type of pain ..but if you search under mm doctors there is a list
Also there can be a huge cost involved.
I would also you educate and search for information on medicinal herbal drugs as there are others for pain ..inflammation. swelling , anxiety ect.

I have a very similar problem. I had a DVT in my left leg that went almost to my heart. I have had surgery, that didn't help all that much. I live in Massachusetts, a state that now has Mmj, and I was able to get a card for the pain associated with this. Although, the dr that I saw seemed to be giving out cards to anyone who had any paperwork with somewhat of a reason for Mmj. I'm 32 years old, but my clot was from a few genetic conditions that cause my blood to clot, not from birth control. I'm a guy, so it would be really weird if it was from birth control. But anyway, good luck, and let me know if there's any way I can help. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom