Marijuana and Epilepsy

abs1337

Hi,

I have a form of epilepsy where I get seizures in the form in sleep paralysis. I was on Levetiracetam for over 2 years, and have been seizure(sleep paralysis) free for almost a year how, which is also the same time I stopped my meds, and started smoking marijuana - not immediately, but over a duration of 2 months or so.

I only ever smoked for recreational purposes. I've been smoking regularly for the past year, with only a few 1 week breaks in between, never longer. I'm currently on a month long break (18/29 days) because of Ramadan, and also I figured I'd get my tolerance down.

I had my first sleep paralysis episode in over a year 2 days ago, and then another today... the only 2 things that have changed over the past year (since I stopped my meds) was my sleep schedule is currently very messed up due to Ramadan (I sleep like 3 hours, then a 2 hour gap for breakfast, and then 4-5 more hours, with an occasional nap in the day) - my doctor did warn me about keeping a strict sleep schedule (he wanted me to sleep at least 8 hours non stop and no naps in the day). And the other thing was the break I'm taking from marijuana.

I can't help but think that maybe it was marijuana that was actually helping me with my sleep paralysis. My sleep schedule was better in the past year than it currently is, but I still had a bad sleep schedule since I work in the IT industry, though I was getting at least 6-7 hours of sleep on average.

I guess I'm looking for someone who can help me understand this and the effects of medical marijuana with epilepsy. For now, I'm going go score tomorrow, and I will have to continue this sleep schedule for 11 more days.

Also I've been smoking only Indiacas.. and we don't get anything else in India.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom