My question

Peete

Hi everyone, what a great site this is, I have learned much in a short time.

QUESTION: are there any figures on the lack of diseases like cancer, epilepsy and so on? with people who have been using cannabis for many years.

Is there a lower percentage of cancer, epilepsy compared to people who have never used cannabis? What I am getting at is cannabis a safeguard against some disease?

Might seem a strange question but if cannabis can cure can it also safeguard against.

Cheers Pete

I don't know of any statistics that track the lack of diseases found in long-time cannabis users. But do you really need those figures?

Just listen to what the U.S. government wrote in its patent in 1999:

Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis [prevention] of a wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia.

There is also the potential for preventative effects related to mental/behavioral conditions... When cannabis use lowers stress, anxiety and depression, it stands to reason that the result will be a longer life.

PPP to Pete from Australia :)

There aren't many statistics and figures, largely because of the illegal status Cannabis has had throughout most of the world.

One documentary I watched, stated that regular smokers had a slightly lower risk of lung cancer, as the Cannabis provides a sort of protective effect. It was also suggested that it reduces the risks of head/neck type cancers as well.

But as for research, we're probably decades behind where we should be today.

Back
Top Bottom