Is there a doc in Ohio?

fasts102376

hello all.. i was just wondering if i could get my (liesons) sorry not a good speller.. i suffer from manic depression and the meds i'm on now help a llttle but not enough,but when i smoke weed it calms me down and i can handle the world.. i just don't want to be on pills nomore i hate it. do u guy think they would grant me the (lieson) or would i be waisting my time? thanks.. sorry for the bad spelling:peace:

Wow, this thread has cobwebs hanging from it, lol.

I have researched and found you hope, <GOVT. WEBSITE> passed, and will be effective June 10th of 2010

That link was to the Washington State Legislature. The person was asking for information about Ohio.

There was a bill introduced in Ohio again this year. It's HB478. I don't know the progress (if any) of that bill.

Edit: Interesting...
Sec. 3728.28. (A) An employer or licensing agency shall not do any of the following:
(1) Take disciplinary action against a registered qualifying patient because the patient engages in the medical use of cannabis;
(2) Take disciplinary action against a registered primary caregiver because the caregiver engages in an activity authorized by section 3728.03 of the Revised Code;
(3) Take disciplinary action against a cardholder because the cardholder engages in an activity authorized by section 3728.06 of the Revised Code;
(4) Take disciplinary action against a person because the person engages in an activity authorized by section 3728.07 of the Revised Code;
(5) Take disciplinary action against a practitioner because the practitioner engages in an activity authorized by section 3728.08 of the Revised Code;
(6) Take disciplinary action against a person because the person is in the presence or vicinity of a registered qualifying patient engaging in the medical use of cannabis;
(7) Take disciplinary action against a person because the person assists a registered qualifying patient's use or administration of cannabis, regardless of whether the person is a registered primary caregiver.
(B) Division (A)(5) of this section does not prohibit a licensing agency from taking disciplinary action against a practitioner for failing to properly evaluate a patient's medical condition or for otherwise violating the standard of care for evaluating medical conditions.
Sec. 3728.29. A school, employer, or landlord shall not refuse to enroll, employ, or lease to a person and shall not otherwise penalize a person because of the person's status as a cardholder, unless failing to do so would render the school, employer, or landlord in violation of federal law.
Sec. 3728.30. A person's status as a cardholder shall not be considered as a factor in any determination of the person's parental rights and responsibilities, parenting time, or companionship or visitation rights with a minor, unless the person's behavior is such that it creates an unreasonable danger to the minor that can be clearly articulated and substantiated.
Sec. 3728.31. Nothing in this chapter shall be construed to require either of the following:
(A) A government medical assistance program or private health insurer to reimburse a person for costs associated with the medical use of cannabis;
(B) An employer to accommodate the use of cannabis in any workplace or any employee working while impaired, provided that a registered qualifying patient shall not be considered to be impaired solely because of the presence in the patient's body of metabolites or components of cannabis, if the metabolites or components are in a concentration insufficient to cause impairment.

Back
Top Bottom