Psychiatrists Recomending?

JamesBong

I was just reffered to a psychiatrists for my anxiety/depression/add. My Question is, has anyone recieved there recomendation thru a psychiatrist?
Thanks for lookin. :peace:

No but you can still go to a MMJ friendly doctor and be presriced MMJ. I was going to a Head shrink for my anxiety till I got hooked on the pills he kept giving me

:allgood: I saw a psychiatrist when I went out on a stress leave this last summer and he had no problem whatsoever with me using MMJ.
I asked him if there were potential problems taking anti-depressants
w/ MMJ and he said their are no solid studies implying any harm associated with MMJ & those drugs.:smokin: So I went home and vaporized myself into blissful oblivion. My stress is being handled better since MMJ...can't say enough good about MJ.:laughtwo:

JamesBong said:
I was just reffered to a psychiatrists for my anxiety/depression/add. My Question is, has anyone recieved there recomendation thru a psychiatrist?
Any doctor can diagnose depression and make a med mj recommendation..... no need to see a shrink if you don't want to.

:allgood: You're right...but my doc was mixing too many pills into the equation...the Psychiatrist identified that "my" MD over prescribed the antidepressants...appearently every gen. MD throws antidepressants like candy at a birthday party to patients who have any stress issues at all...that's how my journey started about 10yrs ago.:hmmmm: there is a lot faith put into medicine which is misplaced based on the so called do no harm oath...still, it's the Doctor's responsibility to keep track of meds prescribed and mine dropped the fu'king ball...I went thru so much shit...lost 50 lbs!!! Took 6 week off from work while getting all this shit straight...MMJ was the only Repose and took a psychiatrist to sort it out...BTW...no insurance covers MMJ because it is federally illegal...and unconventional to most MDs. So...if in doubt go to an MMJ MD 1st...spare yourself my "journey" and be at :peace:
:laughtwo: Talk about irony...my MMJ doc used to work w/ my current doc at a medical group...they are at opposite ends of the spectrum.:hmmmm:

I just hired a new head shrink after 2 years of the same ol' problems with med routines...my new doc also does not have a problem with MMJ unless it becomes a big problem with me. I medicate about four times a day, just like the tranquilizers, except I'm not hooked on them (it's a minor, but sh*tty experience to withdraw from these...no longer hooked though! Yeah for MJ!!!):grinjoint:

Medications prescribed by my psychiatrist helped with the ticcing from Tourette's Syndrome and the compulsions from OCD. The antidepressants did take away some of the tailspins from mood crashes. He was sympathetic about my using MMJ, but his employer HMO doesn't allow him to provide a recommendation. This does make MMJ physicians very important to those who need it. My thanks to them for helping.

I live in new york city and suffer from anxiety and insomnia as well as chronic back pains from a Motorcycle accident. i work as an EPA engineer and have several Licenses for engineering such as Dire Safety Director, standpipe and sprinklers, consolidated Boiler, 3 stage Air Compressor, Flame and arc welding and EPA Universal. I'm a union member of Local 94 and i take my job as well as my medical condition very seriously.
I tried taking pills but i only weigh 140 pounds so they don't do too well on my stomach and causes nausea.
As a teenager i have smoked marijuana as a novelty but this was commercial sess and i quit smoking as i got older. After trying pills and yoga for my back and got no where as well as other over the counter drugs and Chiropractor's and still , no results.to very little results. So i tried Sess or what is considered Regz or regularz from the local street drug dealers, the crap got me high and then gave me a head ache. this was not my intention and i saw the same dealer on my way home from the train, he offered me more and i refused and told him that it gave me a headache and I'm not a smoker. he laughed and i did too, but then we stopped and as he took me more serious he told me that i might just be looking for something better such as a hydroponic or a haze maybe sour deisel and gave me the a number to call, and i did when i got home, a guy came to my apartment and showed me sour diesel and Kush, Sour smelled extremely strong but the Kush looked nicer and i got more per buck, so i took em both, 25 each, 50 bucks total.
I tried the Kush cause the smell of the sour scared me and i have not really smoked for years aside from the other sess junk i bought for 5 bucks, which was only a little less then the sour diesel. Anyway after smoking just a little joint of kush i really didn't feel too high but more relaxed and my back pains were gone, I ate like an animal (pepper steak and mash potatoes with spinach on the side, cooked by me) you get more done when you don't have pain or irritation in your back. i ate so well and felt soo good i fell right to sleep and woke up feeling pretty good for work. no need for anymore cause my pain usually occurs when i get out of work. After getting out of work i was anxious to get home (maybe there is some addiction but anything that makes you feel good will be addicting in my opinion).
Now, when i got home i took a bath to ease my back pain and ignited a joint of the strong smelling Sour Diesel. It did very little to help my back (the Smoke). adn man was i high, my cousin Bernie called me and i picked up my cell phone but really could speak. i really couldn't think to clearly and was disorientated, i felt really stupid but giggly. i ate a sandwich watched some TV and passed out. when i woke up the next morning i felt ok but nervous, my apartment still stunk mostly cause i left the herbs on the table out the bottle/jar. took a good shower, aired out my apartment and went to work. i looked online to see WTF. i then learned more about the difference of herb with sativa and indica and so forth. I don't have any friends that smoke and this is very personal too me, so i just threw out the Sativa Sour witch may be good for headaches or a sleeping helper or maybe to take your mind off of things. maybe even stress but not for me. Anyway i maybe should've checked with someone before trying but i didn't and now i know better.
I only get indica type trees from my herb pharmacists.
thank you for taking the time to read my testimony.
Im in New York City (5 Boros) no luck for medical Marijuana Yet
Stuck with the street pharmacy.

I'm trying to tie some thoughts together.
It seems to me that psychiatric consensus could aid an institutional change which could be favorable to the MMJ movement and beyond.
Currently, doctors can, and do, prescribe heavy duty drugs to patients who need help dealing with their anxieties etc while those patients are trying to abstain from alcohol. When mixed with alcohol, some of those drugs are deadly.
Psychiatric consensus allows heavy drugs to be prescribed to recovering alcoholics, and to people who committed crimes when they were under the influence of alcohol.
It seems to me that the MMJ movement would benefit from an increase in willingness by psychiatrists to prescribe MMJ for many of the myriad benefits MMJ can offer in place of other, harder, newer, more dangerous drugs.
With consensus, I feel it is plausible that alcohol treatment programs could eventually utilize MMJ to aid the process of recovering from alcoholism and many of the myriad other psychiatric issues which underlie alcoholism and related criminal behavior.
I believe that some studies need to be sponsored, or dredged up, which showcase any differences between the recovery rates of people suffering from alcoholism who try to recover by going "cold turkey," recover with pharmaceutical support, and recover with MMJ support.
Investing MMJ donations directly into science seems as worthy as investing MMJ donations directly into politics. The pharmaceutical industry gets what they want done by getting their drugs FDA approved, by spending money on lawyers, and by performing studies! We need good studies, more studies, studies all the time.
I believe that the illegality of MMJ throughout the US reduces the number of studies performed here by independent bodies. I believe that enough money is available from universities, businesses, and interest groups to put on 100 psychiatric studies of the effects of MMJ on various sets of patients and on sets of recovering alcoholics. I believe that 90 of those 100 studies aren't performed due to pressure from the legal status of MMJ througout the US. I believe that we could use the money from those 90 studies to instead perform 60 studies in a country where MMJ or MJ was legal.
I imagine that there is some format the research could be carried out in and reported in which would lend as much credibility to the extra-nationally based study as would a study performed in the US, which had been likewise sponsored and carried out.

MMJ patients are already on a list, what sorts of studies are being performed on them en-masse to help the cause overall? ...I haven't yet looked for any, please feel free to save me the time.
Oh yea, if the studies are performed without bias, and conclusively find that MMJ isn't doing what may have been hoped by some of the sponsors of the research, that needs to be said too.

Back
Top Bottom