Recommendation and Medical card

garys

I'm new to this and have an early Feb. Dr. appointment. My question is, are the Drs. recommendation and medical card the same or do I pay the $160.00 for the Drs. visit and recommend then a seperate fee for the card? If it is seperate then where do I get or apply for the medical use card???
Thanks in advance for the help!

I'm in CA... Santa Barbara County.
I asked someone that said they had the card and they said that the recommendation was the same as the card. BUT, the card supposedly has your picture on it so how can that be the same???

Your recommendation also has your drivers license on it. You are given a copy to show the co-ops, which has a stamped seal on it, and another copy for your records.

Some of the clubs require certain cards, in addition to the recommendation. ALWAYS CARRY YOUR RECOMMENDATION WITH YOU. Recommendations always go along with showing your ID when entering, make sure to have it with you too. With counties still trying to implement their system of state ID cards, many, but not all, require them. In our area (SF Bay) we get a card called the OCBC card, which is additional and optional. This card is affectionately referred to as the "gold" card, or "green" card, and gives you many other choices of clubs. There are certain basic standards to go by, but after that, each individual club has the option to make other requirements.

The club I go to in Hayward has told us we need the county ID card, the OCBC card, recommendation, and their card too!!! Geesh! Seems very unfair to require someone who lives in a county with the id card to show it, when people in counties without ID cards in place are not required to show it. I think it's their business what they do with their club, but that ridiculous. Unstead of making a big stink about it, I found another club to go to.

Their is a list of co-ops and dispensaries in the medical marijuana forum. I made a copy of this list and have it in the car. There are also reviews of clubs. Some clubs have "closed", so always make sure to give them a call before you go and see what they require. (don't be surprised it some aren't overly excited to give you any information. Some won't answer the phone at all. In which case, you'll have to take a chance and stop by, or find another club who will give you that basic info, also days and times open. Most will not answer any questions about stock on the phone.

Make sure to look up the clubs that are sponsors here @ 420!

:smokin: HappyKitty is right on target and that is sound advice...PLEASE be careful ea. time you go to any dispensary and calling ahead is priceless wisdom:sasmokin: ...I've seen a couple more fold up recently and some of the lists used to seek out another dispensary are not always kept up to date. Happy hunting!

Thanks for the information, it helps greatly! Yes HappyKitty, I have already printed out the co-ops listed for Santa Barbara Co. and will be using them until I get my own plants started.
Thanks again!
:adore: :peace:

I also was given a grower's certificate when I got my OCBC card, so you might ask about that also when you see the doc.

Someone else may be able to tell you better info on that. I know that you can grow 6 plants (thats minimum. counties can allow more, and many do).

As it was told to me, I can grow the max for our county. this certificate is to be posted in plain view, in the actual space allowed for your garden. I think that it saves a lot of time and questions, and this lets people (the fuzz ) know this garden is for medicinal use.

LOL, I have a friend who has one huge plant in her yard. You can smell it down the street. She tied the certificate on the plant with a big red bow, and another copy on the front door, underneath the welcome sign.

:laughtwo: ROFLOL!!! She should hang some ornaments on too...wait..don't forget the lights:laughtwo:

nobody answered the original posters question..I'd like it too...

I'm in LA:

what does a Dr give you? a card or a recommendation? and then do you need to get something else to go to a clinic? and if so, how much does it cost?

A doctor gives you a recommendation on paper, with a pic of your driver license. This is also know as a certificate. This rec, and your ID is all you absolutely NEED to have.

The card is either a card from a particular club that requires it for entrance. This is totally voluntary, and the club can set their own rules after adhering to state requirements. If a club requires something more than your ID and recommendation, then you can always go to another club. If you are new to a club, they will always verify your recommendation, and this can be a good wait if you have a rec from a private doctor, as they must contact them to verify. Places like Medicann are more accessible, and make it easier to verify your rec.

1. The OCBC card referred to is also voluntary. But in this area, clubs, especially San Fran proper, require this for entry. It's just a way to get into the club quickly. Being able to visit those clubs makes it worth the 30 bucks for the card. But remember, it's voluntary.

2. The state ID card is a different thing altogether. This is the state trying to implement a specific standard for regulating the sale of medical marijuana. There are pros and cons to this. Many think it's a great idea. But for me, I don't like it a bit. It's just another way to keep track of medical marijuana patients.
Again, this is supposed to be voluntary, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise. For those clubs that require it, I do not visit their club. Since it is supposed to be voluntary, I volunteer to not participate.

Prices vary for the state ID card, and you must apply at your county health department. I have seen these for 60 dollars and up. They are raising the prices through the roof because not enough people are registering for them. Hmmmm...wonder why.

I hope this has answered your original question.

Peace and happiness

A doctor gives you a recommendation on paper, with a pic of your driver license. This is also know as a certificate. This rec, and your ID is all you absolutely NEED to have.

The card is either a card from a particular club that requires it for entrance. This is totally voluntary, and the club can set their own rules after adhering to state requirements. If a club requires something more than your ID and recommendation, then you can always go to another club. If you are new to a club, they will always verify your recommendation, and this can be a good wait if you have a rec from a private doctor, as they must contact them to verify. Places like Medicann are more accessible, and make it easier to verify your rec.

1. The OCBC card referred to is also voluntary. But in this area, clubs, especially San Fran proper, require this for entry. It's just a way to get into the club quickly. Being able to visit those clubs makes it worth the 30 bucks for the card. But remember, it's voluntary.

2. The state ID card is a different thing altogether. This is the state trying to implement a specific standard for regulating the sale of medical marijuana. There are pros and cons to this. Many think it's a great idea. But for me, I don't like it a bit. It's just another way to keep track of medical marijuana patients.
Again, this is supposed to be voluntary, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise. For those clubs that require it, I do not visit their club. Since it is supposed to be voluntary, I volunteer to not participate.

Prices vary for the state ID card, and you must apply at your county health department. I have seen these for 60 dollars and up. They are raising the prices through the roof because not enough people are registering for them. Hmmmm...wonder why.

I hope this has answered your original question.

Peace and happiness

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Hi All, Here in L.A., there's the Patient ID Center where you can get a MMJ ID card (like in Oakland), for $35. or so for 1 yr.! This is after you get a Dr.'s recommendation and then come in to get the ID! 470 S. San Vicente Bl. or check phonebook or online. Hope this helps, MANY who'd like the MMJ ID card! I got mine! =Judy= :cool:

Back
Top Bottom