Vegas help: MMJ on aircraft

vegashaze

do any of you have a dr, in vegas you can recomend, we have alot of them but some SO CALLED MEDICAL CARE GIVERS WANT 150$ FOR THE INFO.
so i ask myself who is doing care and compassion not the guy's chargeing
150$ thats for sure. so if anyone could give me a name and number or something that would be great, thanks

Re: vegas help

If you are trying to get a recommendation, which is your certificate stating you are a medical marijuana patient, then 150 is about the going rate. Make sure you are paying for info and not the actual recommendation. If so, you can do your own investigating. 420 is the best place to find all the information you need on medical marijuana.

Can you even get a recommendation in Nevada?

yes you can here we are a med state, the 150 im talking about is for someones pocket, not the fee for the dr., and yes the dr. is 150 here. so why would i pay someone for the hook up or info, charging is not compassion it's greed....just my thoughts:cheesygrinsmiley:

If I could pay $150+ in my state just to not have to worry about local police I would. We have a bill, but it hasn't made it out of committee. Maybe next year.

It was a lot closer to being passed when they dropped it from 3 to 1 for personal use.

But I have noticed every strip mall in Las Vegas has a "Smoke Shop" on it now. So maybe it will pass someday.

The Lady

medical marijuana is definitely approved and legal in vegas...
as far as i know, any doctor should be able to give you a recommendation...
pickup the phone book and start making some calls...
i hear the whole medical marijuana scene there is still pretty much underground...
they are slowly emerging into the light...
but with the feds going nuts here in la, shutting down co-ops, they are a bit shy to move forward so quickly...
we will have a vegas med forum here soon and will post info for you...

hmmmmm wow theres actually clubs in vegas.......I have a Cali recomendation and I stay in vegas sometimes. How would you grow there in such a hot climate.....wait till fall or winter? How would I be able to find some medical clubs there?

yes it does, call Southwest airlines and tell them you are thinking of booking a flight from CALI TO VEGAS. Tell them that you are a medicinal marijuana patient and how you can bring your meds. I have done this twice! My neighbor does it alll the time. In LAX airport.....all you have to do....as long as you are going to a state that has the law passed they say. So their exact instructions were " If you are going to Las Vegas, then make sure to put your meds in your luggage on top of everything with your medical rec on top! Hope this benefits some cali smokers flyin to vegas! If your going there dont worry....just make sure your rec is on top....done this many times as well as my neighbor.......LoL.....and if you do not think thats right then feel free to call and ask, those were my telephone instructions from the airline!

i'd like to see a few people call the airlines and report back here in this thread what they said... i find this extremely hard to believe, given federal law...
someone confirm this please... and not someone with only a few posts, please.
thanks.

Then maybe some people would actually be able to believe it and have proof so they do not have to worry about scoring meds in vegas!

I too find it hard to believe that Federal Law permits this. The Federal Government has a zero tolerance policy to mmj, and the airline would clearly be breaking Federal Statutes if it permitted transit of mmj meds. Airports come under Federal laws, so I expect any airline employee who told you to stick your meds on top of your bags with your medical rec would get the sack. I doubt the official policy of the airline would be anything different from what I have just said.

it has to be in your check in luggage and inside with your reccomendation right on top. Why hasnt anyone called yet?

I was just on the site, you can only write to them or call them guys. I was going to ask and post it on here, but I guess your going to have to call for your own piece of mind.

I did find this in the meantime..

Medical Marijuana User Allowed To Fly With Pot
By TChris, Section Crime Policy
Posted on Mon Mar 29, 2004 at 07:eyebrowsmile:23 PM EST
Tags: (all tags)
by TChris

Since 1982, stockbroker Irvin Rosenfeld has had the federal government's permission to use marijuana to treat pain from a chronic bone condition. In 2001, Delta Airlines refused to allow Rosenfeld to board a flight from Florida to Washington, D.C. because he wanted to take his marijuana with him. Rosenfeld complained to the Department of Transportation that Delta was discriminating against him by failing to accommodate his disability.

In a victory for advocates of medical marijuana, the DOT agreed that Delta should have allowed Rosenfeld to board the plane. The DOT dismissed Rosenfeld's claim, however, ruling that Delta had reason to doubt Rosenfeld's entitlement to use the drug since so few people are allowed to possess marijuana. Rosenfeld plans to appeal the denial of a remedy.

Back
Top Bottom