How Can I Manage a Tall Lanky Sativa Indoors?

SmokeyMacPot

Firstly you do need enough height. If you have that they will need supporting and the best way is with a devise we call a yo-yo. This is a sprung loaded reel with about 2 meters of line in it. It has a plastic hook on the end. The Yo Yo's one for each tall type plant are hung at the top of the grow room and the hook on the line is pulled down and hooked round the the plant stem as soon as it starts getting tall enough to be floppy. As the plant grows it is wound round the line and the spring tension keeps the plant growing upright and straight.

Author: oldtimer1

How do you know if the seedling is too tall and lanky? Fact or Myth?: The males tend to be tall and skinny, flimsy even, and the females tend to be short and squat? Also, my 2 week old sproutling seems really really tall, is this signs of insufficient lighting or anything the plant might be lacking? (pix in gallery)

Tho males usually grow faster and taller....(not always but alot) female Sativas can get too tall also....... ceiling is 6'6" lights good to 5'6" and plants 6' tall........ =/

3680.JPG

:peace:
WillyB

growing twigs is not good more light. you need blue light to make bigger leaves and fatter stems. You can tie down your plant or cut the tops off and a small pot or container or ways to deal with hight. Flower in 4 to 6 weeks. light feed nutrients.:reading420magazine:Become Dr.Frankenstein try a few things.

I've been having great success with Sativa's this round where i've tried LST for the first time to try and keep these damn tall plants at bay.

I just tied the main stalk back, trained it down and tied it to the '6 o'clock' point on the pot. Then every time it grew about 3-4" i'd tie it to the '7, 8, 9, etc. o'clock'. The main stalk just snakes around and the side growths have just exploded up towards the light.

Here's two pics to hopefully ... partly illustrate, this one turned out to be male unfortunately (as you can see in the pics), but its best pics I got heh:

June_18_2011-5am-Fast_Pine-5-BALLS.JPG

June_18_2011-5am-Fast_Pine-5.JPG

LST sounds helpful

Back
Top Bottom