MisterIto's Beginner Nutrient Flushing Formula

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
It is best keeping as many leaves green on the plant until week 5 or 6. Then, metabolize the remaining minerals present in the plant during the final 2 or 3 weeks. Total dissolved solids in the final flushing solution is between 400-500ppm. In hydroponics, it is important not to reduce the solution ppm much lower, as this will shock the plants by causing reverse osmotic pressure on the roots. The plant stores excess nutrients in the plant tissue, that are available for photosynthesis. If there is a lack of available nutrients to the roots, the plant will access these reserves and the final product will burn, smell and taste far better.

Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Bloom: 5ml/gal
Dyna Pro-Tekt: 1ml/gal, used as ph up and silicon source
FoxFarm Big Bloom: 15ml/gal
3% hydrogen peroxide: 30ml/gal, every other day

Should i harvest when soil is wet or dryd out?thanks

i personally would harvest when the soil is dry. that way you know all the water has been flushed threw your plants. a good flush should entail some leaf discoloration, from the fact that your flushing all the minerals you can out of the plant. so don't be scared if you see yellow leaves!

im a beginner,2 harvest under belt, but know im rolling!!!have 5 cooking! excited /next sweet!

is it true leave in darkness for 24 hours to harden buds.when pullin plant/

I don't know about "hardening" of buds, but in the thread by Shaggie-420
Determining Medicinal Potency
it does say this about harvesting after a "dark" period (night).

Harvesting in the morning ensures that your plant will be at peak THC content, as cannabis has shown THC fluctuations peaking in morning and dropping during the day. Some growers leave their lights off for several days before harvest to increase potency. This seems to have some scientific validity as light has been shown to degrade THC, hence the morning peaks. As light is the degrading factor and the plant still has the ability to manufacture THC during darkness, leaving the lights off for a day or two before harvest likely utilizes the plants stored potential for THC conversion without any opportunity for it to be degraded into cannabinol (CBN) and other breakdown products.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom