What is the proper way to use Earth Juice?

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Per gallon of water for budding:
1 tablespoon Earth Juice Bloom
1 teaspoon Earth Juice Grow (for the first couple of weeks, only if it's a long flowering strain)
1 tablespoon MaxiCrop

If you don't/can't get Earth Juice you can use a tea made of bat guano / castings as a fine substitute.

Let this mix in a reservoir at least 24 hours, and feed. This time top it up with plain water till it's full. It will still have some flavor of course since it's in the same container and you shouldn't drain it all the way. Keep it mixing at all times. Next time add fert... alternate with water, cut out the grow half way through, harvest, cure, smoke, get high!

The circulating reservoir is the key to using those indoor organics efficiently. I don't use Fox Farm anymore, silly to pay 4 times as much as the EJ. When mixed straight into water, the Earth Juice bloom drops the pH to the mid 4's. The solution is to let it circulate and aerate for at least 24 hours. The best way to do it is with a permanent reservoir-- a large bucket or trough that is always filled with water. There should be one large pump in there that is always on and circulating the solution. I also throw in some air wands on a pump, but thats not a big deal. As long as its mixing it will work. Hook the pump up with a Y so that one branch is always mixing the tank and then the other branch can be a long hose for your watering wand. You don't re-use the drained water, just toss it on your backyard garden.

As the reservoir circulates, it starts the breakdown of the nutrients and the pH will rise. Like I said previously, with this system there is no need to check the pH ever-- just keep the reservoir circulating and the mix has loads of buffering capacity. You only need to add liquid ferts every other or every third watering.

I am considering switching to EJ after reading A top nutrient study - Which is the best? Produces most? and after working with bio canna for awhile and having inconsistent results. The one thing I am concerned with Earth Juice is the ph. I know technically speaking that you don't have to adjust ph for organics, but it just freaks me out feeding my plants really low ph, I run soil, and I've always heard the ph for nutrients for soil should be on the higher side, 6.3+. I know that EJ is supposed to be airrated for 24-48 hours, and that is supposed to raise the ph, as long as you aren't using RO water. However, no one ever says how big your air pump must be in comparison to reservoir size. Air pumps are measured in LPM or liters per minute, or alternatively, gpm, gallons per minute. Anyway, I'm wondering if extra air would make the nutrient solution rise in ph more rapidly and how much air is necessary? I'm also interested in brewing my own compost teas, using earth worm castings and other organic ingredients. How big does my air pump need to be for that? I have two 30 gallon resevoirs. I've heard that generally speaking, most airpumps are pretty weak and don't deliver enough air to really get the microbial life going, but aside from that general info, I haven't heard of any definite baselines for gpm per gallon of nutrient solution/ACT. Also, the author of the nutrient study said he like to feed his EJ at like 80 degrees, maybe it was 85. That seems really high to me. I've always heard that 70 degrees is good for ACT as well as nutrient solution. I would really like to hear from people with experience using earth juice, in particular, how much you airrate it, and if you adjust the ph. All comments welcome. Thanks.

TattooedJT's Earth juice formula for budding: per gallon of water

30 ml. Earth juice "Bloom"
15 ml. Earth juice "Microblast"
15 ml. Earth juice "Catalyst"
10 ml. Earth Juice "Cal-Mag"
I let it aerate for 24-36 hours before use.
IMG_052524.JPG

I absolutely LOVE this stuff!!!

I grow in soil. Is this formula can be used in soil?
Thanks.
Yes you can. Same deal just follow instructions above and on the bottle. If you cant do the tea just add to good water, mix well with some good shaking and feed away. Your girls will love EJ.... Good luck

woh 30 ml of bloom each feeding? which kinds of plants do the recommended amounts on the side of the bottles meant for? Because on the bottle they label 2 tsp or ~10ml as strong/high. I've read about organic nute brands like biobizz claiming you can't really burn plants with going overboard with feeding.

Going to try EJ+Hygrozyme on my next cycle. Making tea bubbling 24-48 hours. In ml/Gal. Any thoughts?

GrowBloomBIG BLOOMINXATALYSTMeta-KMICROBLASTHi-BrixHygrozyme
Veg 1305255
Veg 2305210552
Veg 33055105552
Veg 4305510552
Flower 151515155102
Flower 251515155102
Flower 351530105105
Flower 4515301055105
Flower 551530105105
Flower 651515155102
Flower 751515155102