Why Should I Use Worm Castings?

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Worm castings contain many beneficial bacteria. These bacteria are responsible for turning ammonium in soil into nitrates. Nitrates are the most easily used form of nitrogen for the plants. As well as containing these beneficial bacteria, they also contain amino acids which help in the growth and development of your plants. For hydroponics, worm castings are available in liquid form to cover all stages of plant development or additives to give your plants an added boost. Worm castings are a cost efficient way of supplying the needed nutrients to the plants and in most places are readily available.

My personal composting worms produce only 8 cubic yards of organic vermicast yearly that is harvested each spring.

Rapid production of worm castings from low nutrient feedstocks does not make quality castings.

Shredded maple leaves, alfalfa, cornmeal, oatmeal and barley produce large healthy worms for sale and the resulting castings out produce all other castings growers have compared them with.

Check what goes into your worm castings if you want high quality organic castings that maximize production!

Our company is about to release 20,000,000 pounds of high quality Amazing Castings that are from 3 acres of fishing bait worm beds 24 inches deep. Greenhouses that have done preliminary tests say they have not found anything comparable. We have found fishing bait producers have healthier worms and much higher quality castings

Worms are just machines that process whatever you give them (almost). The big benefit is that the castings have insane amounts of beneficial bacteria and fungi, however that is not enough...by far...but its a good start. Also, keep in mind that you cant mix organic with non-organic, i.e. non-organic nutes kill the beneficial soil life.

I grow fully organic and I cant recommend it enough, but you need to learn the basics. I suggest you start with a good soil mix like Fox Farms and mix in some guano, volcanic loam, rock dust, palm tree ash, worm castings, alfalfa pellets, blood and bone meal, coco choir. Let it "burn" for a couple of weeks and you have a superb start for your plants.

Check out Subcools supersoil, True Living Organics and Teaming with Microbes if you want to master it.

Back
Top Bottom